Sure is Quiet After OU/tx - or - TCU? LOL

I'm just sitting here wondering where all of the orange-lipped shorthorn blowhards are? To be fair, hmmm - why?, there weren't too many of you out before the game so I guess you are finally learning something about football at a level other than high school.

Into the fire after a short stop in the frying pan:

Fort Worth Christian Academy (aka TCU) - the conventional wisdom is that it will take 2 to 3 years for the Flogs to recruit and implement some depth. Yeah, well, we'll see about that. Of course, you can't be any more of a drag on the conference than A&M was. Third in the South will be where you wart-carriers will top out on an excellent year. Until then, get ready for some 3-8s or 4-7s. Better load up on the New Mexico and Louisiana Directionals - QUICK!!
Patterson is already melting under the pressure. His rant on June Jones showed how TCU's foundation is cracking. TCU will be a perennially an also-ran. Already bringing back SWC memories.
OU gave us a whipping for sure! Wait till next year, I hope!
I think TCU will fare better this time around. They'll be the only Big-12 team in DFW, which certainly can't hurt recruiting in this area. Kids who would otherwise go to Tech or OSU to play in a BCS conference can now stay home. They'll never get the front-line kids who can go to TX or OU, but they'll for sure get a few they would not otherwise get in the Big East. Also, you can argue that A&M will eventually become irrelevant in the local media and TCU will fill some of that void, which helps their recruiting as well.

And BTW, as a Tech alum I wish nothing but EPIC FAIL on A&M.
I've gotta go along with Par_Shooter on this. It will be a good thing for the local talent that might go to A&M or Tech to play close to home and I will welcome some expanded Big 12 coverage around these parts.

However, FWCA has only about a 5 year window to get depth, develop into a solid 7-4+ program and position themselves to move up to the next level as a program. If they don't, it's deja vu all over again and what pyramider said will happen. They better understand that they have to be all in for a 50+ year haul - every year, not for a couple of years every 10.

The real lewsers in this realignment will be A&M, hell, they couldn't hold it together in the Big 12. But, Aggies are what they are and there's no real use in keeping them from their self-appointed, romantic and ill advised quest to become Mississippi State.

As for UT, "Bloodbath - Part Deux" in Austin Saturday will be a gristly scene as Mack continues his string of doing less with more. The reason that there's so many freshmen on the field for them is that his "best recruiting classes in the nation" from 2, 3 and 4 years ago weren't. However, there is always the chance the OAMC will brain-cramp their way to conjuring up new and improved methods of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - the true hallmark of their foosball legacy.
  • Aflac
  • 10-10-2011, 11:32 PM
R4C - Yes the Cowboys do tend to find ways to aggie-it-up. They should win though. I will be curious to see how the Pokes match UT's speed. The Pokes QB is above average and he's freakin older than Aaron Rodgers.

Boomer Sooner too!
It's quiet on "those teams" because everyone is a Rangers fan. For now.
Cheatercheater - LOL, count me in on that, too. Jobu's working his magic for them!
R4C - Yes the Cowboys do tend to find ways to aggie-it-up. They should win though. I will be curious to see how the Pokes match UT's speed. The Pokes QB is above average and he's freakin older than Aaron Rodgers.

Boomer Sooner too! Originally Posted by Aflac

how do you figure that, we keep getting better and better every year under Gundy

We will match UT's speed with our own speed and turnovers

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...rent/team/1047

one of the best QB's in the country, the best wr, one of the best o-lines

what are you going to say when we best ut by more points than zerou did on a neutral field?
  • Aflac
  • 10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
how do you figure that, we keep getting better and better every year under Gundy

We will match UT's speed with our own speed and turnovers

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...rent/team/1047

one of the best QB's in the country, the best wr, one of the best o-lines

what are you going to say when we best ut by more points than zerou did on a neutral field? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone

Captain John,

I'm a fan of both OU and OSU. Would LOVE for OSU to lose the inferiority complex to OU as well as their tendencies to aggie-it-up.

My understanding of the Pokes' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory goes way back.

I was actually at this game here ->

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1991/okla...l-saves-buffs/

I have hopes that T Boone's money will eventually buy enough speed, talent, and smarts, but I've also become so beaten down with the meltdowns that never seem to end. I was there when Sanders won the Heisman. Great year except the Pokes lost to Nebraska and the Sooners. A Heisman along with 10 and effing 2 may be the best it ever gets. (Gundy was QB then too...but that was before he had become a "grown man!")

So, what am I going to do if the Pokes beat the Horns in Austin? Celebrate...be happy for them...not care if they score more than the Sooners did on the Horns...and then wait for the meltdown to come at some point this season. It always has and it always will.

Pulling for the Pokes must be what it's like to support the Cubs - just on a much smaller scale.