ISO Reliable and Reasonable Auto Repair in Dallas??

I loaned my Isuzu Trooper to a friend this week and it was just returned attahed to a Tow Truck. Not sure what the problem is, according to my friend it bagan making a slight tapping noise which as it was driven became a very loud tapping noise....chkd oil and it was bone dry. Does not sound good!! I need to have it towed to a shop to find out the extent of the damage. The vehicle is now off of 635, just East of 75.
Does anyone know of an honest and reliable mechanic in this area?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
xoxo
Freeda
From the sound of it, its not gonna be an inexpensive fix. Running the engine with no oil could have done some major damage

There is a possibility you may be looking at a rebuild on your currrent engine or a short block replacement. Most of your national chains (Goodyear/Firestone) dont do them which means you'll be looking at an independantly own shop. You wont be getting a national warranty so make sure wherever you take it gets you at LEAST a 3/36 warranty.

Oh, I spent 25 years in after-market automotive. I wish I could reccomend someone for ya, but I've been out of the biz for a few years and not sure of who on that side of town to take it to.
Thanks to all who contacted me with suggestions and assistance....BEI, you are correct, the engine is blown and cost to repair is too high...my next post will be that of ISO Dependable Used Car ..lol...such is life!! Thanks again!! Freeda
Great mobile mechanic.. Very reasonable does auto repair and some body work..

His name is sam
214 690 3334
That has to be a record for bumping old threads!!!