Why no TEXTS?

I was puruising Backpag today and realized that almost every add demands that you do not text. I also seemed to find a correlation ( though not a 100% correlation) between: calls only, no blocked calls, and no AA.

I can see why blocked calls might be of concern. I can accept, but don't really understand. Body type, and personal attraction are far more important to me than ethnicity.

The one I simply can't understand is the ubiquitous "NO TEXTING" rule. More and more, people prefer texts to direct conversations. I'm not a huge text person, but for privacy concerns, it's often easier to send a text than call from the office asking, "what are your incall rates? What times are you available?" I've seen some legitimate ladies on Backpage and elsewhere, with the "No Text" rule. Still though, for whatever reason, the "No Text" rule generally causes me to move along. My opportunities to have a candid phone conversation are often very limited, and I'd prefer to make an initial inquiry by text.

Can anyone (ladies or men) explain why such a high percentage of Backpage girls refuse to communicate in any way other than a direct phone call?
Texting is inconvenient on burner phones. And getting records of text conversations is easier,and less expensive,than it is to set up wire tapping a phone.
It's easier to hide your inner psycho with text than it is in real time voice conversation. It's easier to lie via text. It's also easier to pretend to be someone else.
Jay:
I agree that calling can be a pain. However, at least you'll know that you're talking to a gal!

My understanding of the no text rule, based on conversations I've had with the girls, is this:
The "conversion ratio" with texts is much lower than with calls... meaning that the vast majority of guys who text never actually end up as real appointments, while those that call are more likely to actually end up as paying customers. Additionally, it's overwhelming and confusing for these new girls to "administrate" all of that... which numbers do they save... who's who? That sort of thing. If these gals were really trying to establish a client base, of course they would want to save numbers and identify the handles... but many expect that they'll see one guy only once.

By the way, I often text anyway. If the gal is experiencing slow business, often she responds.
its easier to talk on the phone. texting takes too long especially if you have to write a 2 page paragraph explaining things. i can get a feel for who im talking to over the phone alot easier than through text.
Indeed, as the other posters pointed out, the benefits to the lady are numerous. I'd say the top reasons are conversion rate and weeding out psychos.
  • kSoze
  • 10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
With all the talk about pimps behind phones, calling seems to resolve this problem don't you think? Also, girls don't want clients making assumptions of who they are talking to via txt.
My thought process is this.... if you are too damn lazy to engage in a 5 minute back and forth via text....I'm assuming your customer service level in session is God awful.
lol i think the lazy ones are the ones who dont call..ijs
  • kSoze
  • 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
lol i think the lazy ones are the ones who dont call..ijs Originally Posted by sxyveronica
Exactly, that and those that like to make assumptions.
I don't like texts because : I like to hear peoples voices and get a feel of what kind of person they are. Texting is such a pain and often drags on and on. Most non serious clients text and have no intention to make an appt.
Texing and emailing are both verry annoying to me, by the time you are done texting and emailing back and forth a session can be done lol... some guys love to text and it is just easier to call and I need to get a feel of the person on the other end of the phone. As far as AA I do post that I do not see them if I post on BP its too risky to end up meeting a pimp or someone crazzy, and I have had bad experiences with AA i had met on BP so Im just more comfortable with the White guys and other races.
Texing and emailing are both verry annoying to me, by the time you are done texting and emailing back and forth a session can be done Originally Posted by mirandalee

I don't like texts because : I like to hear peoples voices and get a feel of what kind of person they are. Texting is such a pain and often drags on and on. Originally Posted by Atxitalianbella

+1
lol i think the lazy ones are the ones who dont call..ijs Originally Posted by sxyveronica
I'm a little confused now, my phone hasn't rung all day.
i mean the guys who dont call the providers and prefer to text only