Help wanted add

Oh my god! A strip club itch ethics using a head hunter, who ever takes this I'll fail because they want no prior strip club experience and only upscale restaurant experience....

Restaurant GM needed for Gentlemen’s Club in Dallas!
Hospitality Pro Search Dallas, TX, USA
Compensation$60,000 to $100,000 Annually
Employment TypeFull-Time
Why Work Here?
“Great company and excellent quality of life!”
Restaurant GM needed for Gentlemen’s Club in Dallas!

Job type: Full Time

Years of experience: 3+ as a Restaurant, Hotel, or Country Club General Manager

Career level: Senior

Salary: $60 - 100K DOE Plus Bonus!

Gentlemen’s Club in Dallas is seeking an ethical leader that commands respect from staff and guests by earning it. The GM will be in charge of entire operation with focus mainly on staff service, bar service, costs, P&L, sales, training, and most importantly that all laws regarding the dancers and serving of alcohol are never broken. The dancers will have a separate person in charge of them.

Qualifications:

· 3+ years of full-service experience as a General Manager required

· Past or present employment in a Gentlemen’s Club will not be considered

· Fast food or Fast Casual experience only will not be considered

· Must be able to pass a full background and drug test

· Spouses or significant others must be completely comfortable with your role as a manager in a Club environment.

The add goes on and on... Really cracked me up!
Club managers get that much money? $60-100K and bonuses!
Here’s the most interesting part: “Past or present employment in a Gentlemen’s Club will not be considered”.

If you’ve worked in the industry, they won’t consider you for employment. That is very telling.
Here’s the most interesting part: “Past or present employment in a Gentlemen’s Club will not be considered”.

If you’ve worked in the industry, they won’t consider you for employment. That is very telling. And damning.
Spouses or significant others must be completely comfortable with your role as a manager in a Club environment.

Our in other words "we don't want your crazy ass wife showing up here screaming at the dancers about sucking your dick"
Is receiving comped oral pleasure from dancers part of the bonus? Why will they not consider someone experienced in the gentlemen's club?

If you’ve worked in the industry, they won’t consider you for employment. That is very telling. And damning. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
The way it's written, I'm not sure if previous experience in the industry rules you out completely or if it simply doesn't count for the required experience. Seems ambiguous to me like you could read it either way.

Then there's this: "The dancers will have a separate person in charge of them." That's the job I would definitely NOT want. Talk about a non-stop series of headaches dealing with excuses and general train-wrecks.
That means they want someone professional and not someone who will drag other clubs bs into it.
There are no ethical leaders in the food service industry.
That means they want someone professional and not someone who will drag other clubs bs into it. Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia
You well may be correct about this, but I highly doubt that someone with no experience in the industry can be a successful GM. He simply will not understand what the experience is that the customers want.

The GM will be in charge of entire operation with focus mainly on staff service, bar service, costs, P&L, sales, training, and most importantly that all laws regarding the dancers and serving of alcohol are never broken. Originally Posted by CellarDweller
These two requirements are incompatible and probably impossible to achieve simultaneously. A GM who develops a management staff that aggressively ensures that rules are never broken will never make his P&L. He will pretty quickly lose his customers and shortly thereafter will lose most of his dancers. It will go downhill from there. What is probably meant by putting this in the job description is that he will be the fall guy when and if legal trouble develops.
To me it read as meaning that prior SC experience is not necessary but was poorly worded
Wonder if they’re interested in talking to a retired iBanker/CPA/CMA/MBA (retired @55), never directly ran a club, but managed one during grad school in NYC (30 yrs ago lol), as well as placed a6-figure investment, (unbeknownst to my beautiful SO), into an LP that bought a club in central Ohio, in 2000. Sold the liquor license, for that property and a sister club located in Tampa - Dale Mabry Highway, just across from Yankees spring training field, in 2005 (OH club came with the license), to international investors from south of the boarder... my SO hated that we were invested in a “titty joint” and I put up with that crappola until we sold the business and walked away having doubled our initial investment, in addition to significant deferred income for the 5 yrs of Limited partnership dividends.... the SO now has a new appreciation for my “sin investment” strategy