A cat nap turned into a cat-astrophe in Utah.

HERE IS FURTHER SIGNS THAT THE HUMAN RACE IS DOOMED. WE don't need to exterminate our race with nuclear or biological weapons. Just sheer stupidity and lack of common sense is enough to doom us!

[QUOTE "Utah woman charged with 2 misdemeanors for letting cat sleep in her own yard: 'This is a cat'

A cat nap turned into a cat-astrophe in Utah on Monday.

Milo, an orange tabby cat, was snoozing on his owner’s lawn in Murray on June 24 when animal control officers delivered quite a wake-up call in the form of two misdemeanor charges.

The owner, Kate Anderson, told FOX13 animal control officers came to her house to hand her the citation, which listed two charges – one for having “an animal at large” and one for “not having an animal license attached” – both are Class B misdemeanors based on a city ordinance.

Milo, an orange tabby cat, was snoozing on his owner, Kate Anderson’s lawn in Murray on June 24 when animal control officers delivered quite a wake-up call in the form of two misdemeanor charges.

According to Anderson, someone in the neighborhood took a picture of Milo sleeping on the lawn and reported it to the city.

“This is a cat who is neutered and micro-chipped and vaccinated, and is not a menace to society,” Anderson said to FOX 13.

The woman said Milo has “a cat door, so he just comes and goes and is a cat.”

She said she was shocked by the citation.

“I just got a ticket for my cat being outside, in my yard,” Anderson said.

Anderson, who said she has to call for her court date for the misdemeanors, is concerned about her indoor-outdoor pal, noting the feline enjoys being outside on the lawn.

“I don’t think most people think it is illegal to let your cat outside under any circumstance,” Anderson said.

The ordinance dates back to 1963 and prohibits any animal being in an area – even if it’s on the owner’s property – without a leash, secured in a yard or confined to a vehicle. Any owner of an animal considered “at large” is found “unlawful” under the ordinance and can face a charge, as Anderson did.

“It’s definitely antiquated, I think if anything, there needs to be some kind of addition or amendment to the ordinance excluding felines,” Anderson said.

Murray city Attorney G.L. Critchfield told FOX13 that they have filed a motion to dismiss the charges, but will not likely be amending the ordinance." QUOTE

No matter what country you live in these days, incompetence, ineptitude & sheer stupidity of and by local authorities seems to be a worldwide problem and it all come down to one fucking thing: making money!! making money. They issue citizens the pettiest of citations based on the stupidest of laws, to hell with any common sense, so they can get money from you!!

Who the heck puts a cat on a leash??? The ordnance says no animal should be outside without a leash but I would interpret that as pertaining to dogs and not to cats even if it doesn't specify it only refers to dogs. Anyone with common sense would immediately think it's talking about dogs.

FINALLY, Not sure who I despise more: the petty officials who issued the ticket or the nosy fucking neighbor who reported the cat was "at large".

Pa and Ma had owned dozen of cats in our lifetime and they always go in and out of the house freely without a leash and without us watching over them. What the fuck kind of dumb ass stupid ignorant ridiculous fucking law is that?
That's ridiculous! That silly ordinance needs to be removed ASAP! I can understand the need for dogs to be on a leash while outside since they may approach and bite strangers but why cats? Cats leave people alone.

Also yes, that nosy neighbor who took a photo of the cat and called the police has some serious issues! Like seriously neighbor, get a life!
Stupid law reminds me of one time I was at the mall and a oriental lady had her children on a leash using them old curly telephone cords that stretch and get longer when you pull on them, she had one end attached to the kids' waist belt and the other attached to her wrist.
I was fortunate to grow up in the country, or at least outside city limits. We always had 3 cats and 4 dogs or 5 cats and 3 dogs, it varied.
Their worst enemy was the road, but we all accepted that. It was the price of freedom for them. If you're smart, you lived.
Everyone got along great, except at meal time for the dogs.
My brothers and I refereed.
Polygamy is okay in Utah but cats being cats isn't, sounds about right for a bunch of inbreds