10 dead in horror plane crash at Addison Airport

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-airport.html

Federal officials said 10 people - two crew and eight passengers - died in a small plane crash which started a fire at a Dallas-area airport on Sunday morning.

The Federal Aviation Administration says the twin-engine Beechcraft BE-350 King Air crashed into an unoccupied hangar at the Addison Municipal Airport shortly after 9am.

Edward Martelle, a spokesman for the town located just north of Dallas, said the plane crashed during takeoff and the resulting fire was quickly extinguished.

The town has confirmed that there were 10 fatalities as a result of the incident.

He says authorities do not yet have a flight manifest and cannot release any information on the identity or condition of those aboard.

Dallas County was helping the city of Addison set up a family assistance center for people affected by the crash, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said.

The center is staffed with chaplains, counselors and other mental health and support workers, he said.

RIP to all 10 victims. My condolences to their loved ones who must be grieving now and undergoing tremendous suffering. I hope no one from our ECCIE community has lost a friend or family member due to this plane crash.

I still can't believe this has happened. I visit Addison all the time and to have something this tragic happen so close to home..it's shocking. Crazy how all it takes is an instant to have a permanent catastrophic effect on so many families. I feel horrible for the people who've died but I feel even worse for their loved ones. I can't even imagine their mental anguish. I will pray that they're able to overcome their sorrow and move on with their lives.
Oh my, how sad.

Seems that for a such a small airport, Addison has more than its share of crashes. Nothing like this.
wow this is such a tragedy, i spend alot of time in addison i cant believe i hadnt heard of this til now
Very sad, tragedy