Invest Your Money With the Clintons and Lose 90%!

Hey, do ya thinks ya could be a successful hedge fund manager? Do ya thinks ya got what it takes? If ya started up a fund and TRIED to lose as much of your investors' money as fast as you could, do ya thinks ya could piss away 90% of it in two years?

If so, then Chelsea Clinton and her brilliant fund manager husband want to hire ya!

It was a hedge fund portfolio pitched by Hillary Clinton’s son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky, as an opportunity to bet on a Greek economic revival.

Now, two years later, the Greece-focused fund is shutting down, after losing nearly 90 percent of its value, according to two investors with direct knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/bu...edge-fund.html
Another stretch... don't vote for Clinton's son in law!

WOOOO! GREAT THREAD JUNIOR!!!!

Where's Billy Carter when we all need a beer?

Or Bristol Palin ... I'm sure some of you still want to make babies!
What I don't understand is why didn't Hildebeest take some time away from campaigning to give her son-in-law a few pointers on successful investing.... in CATTLE futures!

Oh, and fuck you assup! The only STRETCH here is you nimbly stretching your starfish for the Austin Reacharound Crew!
What I don't understand is why didn't Hildebeest take some time away from campaigning to give her son-in-law a few pointers on successful investing.... in CATTLE futures! Originally Posted by lustylad
I don't think the services of the redoubtable "Red" Bone are any longer available!
I don't think the services of the redoubtable "Red" Bone are any longer available! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
That's too bad... the way I figure it, that Mezvinsky idiot could have offered to swap out the remaining principal into a cattle futures fund... then if it went up 1000%, his investors would be back to Break Even!
That's too bad... the way I figure it, that Mezvinsky idiot could have offered to swap out the remaining principal into a cattle futures fund... then if it went up 1000%, his investors would be back to Break Even! Originally Posted by lustylad
Not to worry!

There have to be some potential beneficiaries of the Clinton Foundation who'd be happy to arrange for someone -- somewhere -- to front-run some trades for the kid's fund!
Not to worry!

There have to be some potential beneficiaries of the Clinton Foundation who'd be happy to arrange for someone -- somewhere -- to front-run some trades for the kid's fund! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Oh my! That sounds a bit shady to me.... Isn't that illegal? Or do the rules not apply to the Clintons and their crony benefactors?
  • DSK
  • 05-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Hey, do ya thinks ya could be a successful hedge fund manager? Do ya thinks ya got what it takes? If ya started up a fund and TRIED to lose as much of your investors' money as fast as you could, do ya thinks ya could piss away 90% of it in two years?

If so, then Chelsea Clinton and her brilliant fund manager husband want to hire ya!

It was a hedge fund portfolio pitched by Hillary Clinton’s son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky, as an opportunity to bet on a Greek economic revival.

Now, two years later, the Greece-focused fund is shutting down, after losing nearly 90 percent of its value, according to two investors with direct knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/bu...edge-fund.html Originally Posted by lustylad
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...his father is profiled below:

Edward Maurice "Ed" Mezvinsky (/mɛzˈvɪnski/; born January 17, 1937) is an American former politician and congressman. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives for two terms (1973–77).

Mezvinsky grew up in Ames, Iowa, and played high school football there. He received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1965). After being elected to the Iowa Legislature (1968), he lost a race for Congress in 1970, then won in 1972. He made several unsuccessful U.S. Senate attempts in the 1980s.

In 2001, he was convicted of 31 charges of felony fraud, and served five years in federal prison.[4]

In 2010, he became father-in-law to Chelsea Clinton.
Oh my! That sounds a bit shady to me.... Isn't that illegal? Or do the rules not apply to the Clintons and their crony benefactors? Originally Posted by lustylad
Oh, I'm sorry! For a moment I forgot that we're talking about people who never attempt to skirt the law and always seek to ensure that everything is handled with transparency and aboveboard.
  • DSK
  • 05-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Not to worry!

There have to be some potential beneficiaries of the Clinton Foundation who'd be happy to arrange for someone -- somewhere -- to front-run some trades for the kid's fund!
. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
People probably invested with him figuring he would get advance notice of merger approvals from the many friends inside the government....lot of money to be made on that as well as upcoming tender offers...
People probably invested with him figuring he would get advance notice of merger approvals from the many friends inside the government....lot of money to be made on that as well as upcoming tender offers... Originally Posted by DSK
Likely an appealing point, as many people love to ingratiate themselves to the most well-connected and well-known players. The insider's insider, some no doubt figured.
People probably invested with him figuring he would get advance notice of merger approvals from the many friends inside the government....lot of money to be made on that as well as upcoming tender offers... Originally Posted by DSK
His fund invested in Greece. I assume it mostly bought Greek debt (both sovereign and private) selling at hefty discounts. It would have been a bet on a successful EU bailout of the Greek economy, since this would have resulted in a bounce-back in the prices of Greek debt. Maybe Hillary introduced him to some EU insiders who told him a bailout was a near certainty.

But then Alexis Tsipras was elected and the whole trade was fucked!

Having said that, it still takes a special kind of stupid to lose 90 fucking percent! I doubt whether any comparable "peer group" funds (i.e. those with similar investment strategies) performed as disastrously as this one did.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...his father is profiled below:

Edward Maurice "Ed" Mezvinsky (/mɛzˈvɪnski/; born January 17, 1937) is an American former politician and congressman. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives for two terms (1973–77).

Mezvinsky grew up in Ames, Iowa, and played high school football there. He received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1965). After being elected to the Iowa Legislature (1968), he lost a race for Congress in 1970, then won in 1972. He made several unsuccessful U.S. Senate attempts in the 1980s.

In 2001, he was convicted of 31 charges of felony fraud, and served five years in federal prison.[4]

In 2010, he became father-in-law to Chelsea Clinton. Originally Posted by DSK
You forgot the mother Majorie Margolies-Mezvinsky. A former reporter who became a congresswoman and was the deciding vote on the 1993 budget. I wonder if did he as well. He talked her into tanking her career some way.
His fund invested in Greece. I assume it mostly bought Greek debt (both sovereign and private) selling at hefty discounts. It would have been a bet on a successful EU bailout of the Greek economy, since this would have resulted in a bounce-back in the prices of Greek debt. Maybe Hillary introduced him to some EU insiders who told him a bailout was a near certainty.

But then Alexis Tsipras was elected and the whole trade was fucked!

Having said that, it still takes a special kind of stupid to lose 90 fucking percent! I doubt whether any comparable "peer group" funds (i.e. those with similar investment strategies) performed as disastrously as this one did. Originally Posted by lustylad
Obviously they expected a bailout just like Goldman- Sachs.
And people were wondering how they could afford that 15milion dollar apartment in New York.
You think he took some pointers from Bernie?
Maybe it was just another Clinton Family Crime Syndicate Op.
I wonder if the hedge fund donated to the Foundation.