Question about photos. Do you like professional, amateur types or selfies?

I have a question about photos. I am thinking about doing more professional pictures but the guys I know are telling me they prefer amateur or selfies.

I would like to hear from both sides.
My personal thoughts are that if you are advertising above $250/hr, then professional pics are important. I would also throw a couple of selfies in the mix just for proof that you are what your professional pics say you are.
Depends..if you are looking for raw then amateur is the way to go. If you want to think about you before during and after a good professional shot will do it without showing all the goods.
Hell girl...Ill take your picture...lol!
I like nekkid pictures
amateur selfies. you should blur your face if you want, which is understandable. if you do take an amateur selfie i'd say make sure in the pic the camera can be seen. (mirror pic)
Unedited, high quality pics are my personal favorite. Minimal photoshopping, but a high quality lens and good lighting are all you need!

And then, a few very recent selfies to prove you didn't put on 60lbs since your quality photoshoot (if they're getting dated).

Speaking of... I have this nice camera right here... ;-)
Very good topic.

I'm what you would call an advanced amateur/semi professional shooter who made some money shooting in my former career and I've shot lots of photos of women. That's an art form. It takes the right eye and some experience to work in that genre. IMO selfies are the worst. They say you don't take yourself in the business seriously. On top of that, bad lighting, a messy room with a McDonald's sack in the background...and worst of all...the ubiquitous bathroom mirror photos just suck.

Professional photos that are clearly retouched look suspicious to some people and unless you have a known presense on the board might spell TGTBT to a lot of people.

I think the best bet is a happy medium. Non-professional shots that are not retouched but clearly good quality images are the best. Good lighting that's soft and not overpowering so it doesn't produces harsh shadows, a nice background ( not Motel 6), nice lingerie or quality outfits that are classy and especially shots in perfect focus are the standard quality markers you should be looking for.
Selfies with a smile 😀
Selfie are best. Girls with face blurred out is not luring to me as well.
Accurate! That's the best kind of picture.

Don't really give a fuck what kind of pictures they are, as long as they are accurate.

• Surge
  • 09-26-2016, 08:12 AM
I say mix it up! Yeah, use professional pics but change it up with some selfies. Makes you approachable. I can't imagine you taking a bad pic so I would just go nuts...
I have a question about photos. I am thinking about doing more professional pictures but the guys I know are telling me they prefer amateur or selfies.

I would like to hear from both sides. Originally Posted by Lucy Rose
Amateur by far. Not talking on guys taking session pics either, you see in those reviews .
Selfies are good but no duck face pics.

Pros are nice but every pro is suppose to look flawless or I at least hope so.
I prefer semi pro/ amateur photos.
Why can't you have a mixture on your showcase? Get some top-notch professional ones and have some candid ones as well.
Mix is always the answer to this one, look around for photographers with differing styles (who don't over edit). Maybe look at other showcases and ask ladies directly who did the shots you really like.