Things to do in Dallas?

It's been a while since I've been to Dallas, and I was wondering what to do / where to go while I'm here. Can anyone give me suggestions / recommendations for restaurants, night life, things of that nature?
What type of activities do you like to do? Theater? Symphony? Basketball?

Makes a difference to know what type of food that you like and/or the type of ambiance that you feel most comfortable in.

There is a heck of a lot of difference in suggesting The French Room or suggesting a place like Dick's Last Resort.

A lot of people here have GREAT knowledge of Dallas restaurants (I'm not one of them) but knowing more of your personal tastes would be helpful.

Oh, and welcome to Dallas!!! Hope that you have a great trip here.
Hmm, I've been to Dick's before. I'm generally easy to please and comfortable doing and trying most things, but I'm feeling low key this evening. I think I saw a Dave and Buster's on my drive up here, or I might stop at Gecko's, but I was hoping to do something new.
For what it's worth, I adore the theater and the symphony, but it would be a shame to go alone, and what are the odds of something playing on a Tuesday night? I also particularly enjoy arcades, running through fountains, and strip clubs, but it's pretty cold, and I don't know which strip clubs are female friendly here.
Well if your going to be downtown check out the World Aquarium, the new Perot Museum, a Mavs or Stars game at the new AAC and I recommend the W Hotel especially late on a Friday or Saturday, the Living Room Bar is nice and happening.

Food go to Preston and NW Highway and eat at Houstons and R&D Kitchen (same parking lot) awesome and R & D has killer week end brunch menu.

And if available let me know Would love to buy you lunch if possible
Dave N Busters in Dallas is fun. Lots of games, drinks and good food too.
Sounds like you are around the Galleria. Kenny's on Beltline is my favorite restaurant in that area, and is busy in to the night.
I might suggest, visit Tara.
Luxx Dallas

Super Posh Nightclub open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday in Downtown Dallas

I love it!

Go Ice Skating- at the Galleria mall in Dallas
I might suggest, visit Tara. Originally Posted by verygood69
I am sure you will not be without someone err something to do long.
I really hate to be dark but try going to DEALY PLAZA and remberer a dark day in our history
Hmm, I've been to Dick's before. I'm generally easy to please and comfortable doing and trying most things, but I'm feeling low key this evening. I think I saw a Dave and Buster's on my drive up here, or I might stop at Gecko's, but I was hoping to do something new.
For what it's worth, I adore the theater and the symphony, but it would be a shame to go alone, and what are the odds of something playing on a Tuesday night? I also particularly enjoy arcades, running through fountains, and strip clubs, but it's pretty cold, and I don't know which strip clubs are female friendly here. Originally Posted by theCFE
Strip Clubs: I've had good coed times at The Lodge (used to be female owner)
Far North Club: Sambuca (take Southwest Airlines) http://www.sambuca360.com/360pictures.php
The Lodge is female friendly and has excellent food at a crazy low price...

Last time I inquired, it was still owned by Dawn R.... Has that changed?
Several new and excellent restaurants in the Bishop Arts District.