You see the future now

The Panopticon as imagined by left wing philosopher Michel Foucalt used peer pressure to cause non conformists to conform or face a physical beat down. Political correctness is the modern version of the Panopticon. Everything you do is open to public interpretation and if you are found lacking....the beat down comes. The Panopticon was for controlling prisoners and not citizens. Political correctness is for controlling the citizens of a country and the left are the jailers. You see, someone has to set what we call the norm. In prison it is all about control, peace, and civilized behavior. Out here is it all about what the left says it is....but the left does not have to obey their own directives.
It is going to get worse. We have cameras everywhere and recording devices where we would never expect them. Imagine in the future a politician is running for office and suddenly a video of them wearing black face for a high school or college play appears. The left says that if the politician is a republican then they are racist. Left winger...youthful exuberance and a flair for the theater for which they are truly sorry. Billions of images on the Internet waiting to be discovered years later and to be interpretated by the left. A couple of different way it could go; you can withdraw so the images of you playing with cock while drunk don't come out, you toe the line and become an inside man for the left, or you continue, take the hit and try to keep going ala Donald Trump.

Donald Trump did nothing wrong except to challenge Hillary Clinton. The party that brought you a naked Wilbur Mills in a fountain with a stripper, the party that gave you John Edwards knocking up his girlfriend while his wife was dying, the party that gave us Ted Kennedy, Chris Dodd, and the waitress sandwich, the party that gave us the groper Joe Biden, the party that gave us gay child molester Gerry Studds, and the party that gave us the rapist in chief Bill Clinton is suddenly outraged by sex talk? Really? Do you believe any of that?

Locker room is talk is pretty much just that. Part bragging, part lies, part fantasy, and a little bit of truth.
Can't stand it, can you, JJunk?

There was genital grabbing and you didn't get a picture!
that is interesting. panopticon.

did he introduce that to the civilian world?
No, actually he warned against it. He died in the 60s I believe but he was worried about our freedoms.
You may or may not care, but Foucault wasn't the originator of the notion of the panopticon. It was a real world model prison design of the 17th century philosopher Jeremy Bentham, who is best known as the leading proponent of utilitarianism.
Jeremy Bentham wasn't born until the 18th Century, TexTush... So you are in agreement with the OP's statement that "Political correctness is the modern version of the Panopticon"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon
You may or may not care, but Foucault wasn't the originator of the notion of the panopticon. It was a real world model prison design of the 17th century philosopher Jeremy Bentham, who is best known as the leading proponent of utilitarianism. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
you know you gotta give credit where credit is due.
Jeremy Bentham wasn't born until the 18th Century, TexTush... So you are in agreement with the OP's statement that "Political correctness is the modern version of the Panopticon"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon Originally Posted by lustylad
Sorry for the typo on him being 18th century. Indeed he continued to work a bit into the next century as he made offers to all the new American States in the early 1800's to write statutes for them codifying the common law, something he unwisely advocated for a number of years in England.

Political correctness is, in my view, the name those who wish to be offensive give to good manners.
Sorry for the typo on him being 18th century. Indeed he continued to work a bit into the next century as he made offers to all the new American States in the early 1800's to write statutes for them codifying the common law, something he unwisely advocated for a number of years in England.

Political correctness is, in my view, the name those who wish to be offensive give to good manners.
Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Your willingness to swallow PC spunk is repulsive, TTH. Keep sucking and hope you choke on what you swallow, TTH.
Really, IBIdiot? REally?
Originally Posted by i'va biggen
FTFY, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.

I B Idiot Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You are an idiot, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.
Political correctness is, in my view, the name those who wish to be offensive give to good manners. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Ah yes.... so you're offended by all those irredeemable deplorables out there. Somebody just needs to teach them some proper manners! And you're just the guy to do it, right?

TexTushHog - the new sheriff in town!

How do you handle it when politically incorrect opinions are expressed in a calm, well-reasoned, articulate and good-mannered fashion? That really fucks you up, doesn't it? You must hate it when you are forced to confront contrary viewpoints and you can't just dismiss them as "bad manners"!

If you had good manners, you wouldn't go around offending everyone with your willful condescension.

Political correctness is, in my view, the name those who wish to be offensive give to good manners. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Are you willing to see political correctness enacted into law? Has the First Amendment lost all meaning? Did you notice that when asked about Supreme Court Justices, Hillary did not mention the Constitution? Which freedoms do we no longer need? What more should government be doing for us? Do you forego legal tax deductions in order to increase your tax liability?