Providers, what lie do you tell your parents?

With the exception of those who have a legitimate primary job, what do you say when they ask "What are you doing for work these days?" I mean, it's easy enough to lie at your high school reunion, 'cause those people don't know you and wont inquisitively follow your career, but when you go home for Thanksgiving, what do you say?

I'm not judging; I just find myself deceiving my family this week about my "hobbies," and the thought crossed my mind. Technically, my family falls into the same category of "stranger" that a majority of my graduating class does, but they at least know me well enough to know what my 9-5 is.

I hope this isn't insensitive...
I dont lie, I tell my mother I am in the adult entertainment business and I am careful and some things parents dont need too know. My mother knows me and how I am, plus my familys been in the business one way or another for ever. My grandmother was a stripper or GO GO dancer, which is what they called it back then, my mother dated a guy who had adult shops in our state and strip clubs and she managed the shops and strippers, i always said when i was younger that i wanted to be like my grandma she was beautiful and so cool and well apple didnt fall far from the tree I guess. lol ..... No use in lying not to mention lying is just dumb and weakness in my eyes, my feelings are you shouldnt do something if your so ashamed of it you have to lie, so I dont. lol hope I at least answered ur question sweets.
One time I got to an incall and knocked on the door. The provider answered and was on the phone and gave me the "shhhh" sign to not make noise. She said that was her dad on the phone and then commented that he thinks she's a waitress. Hahaha.
  • Loxly
  • 11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Fairly certain that the majority of my family suspects what I'm doing but have the good sense not to ask.

I've adopted my Father's attitude i.e. "Don't ask me anything that might force me to lie to you."
My mom found out what I did when I was in Vegas a few years back. I held down regular jobs for years after. I live quite a few states away and honestly don't really talk to my family too much nowadays so that question hasn't come up recently. I'd still say my office job though.
They know the truth. I'm a man whore and couldn't hide it!
Dad thinks I am a dominatrix & thinks it's hilarious!! Once, I had a sub doing chores and he called, so I went ahead & answered. Why not? It totally added to the humilation scene. Anyway, dad asks what I am doing, so I tell him that my sub is over cleaning my house. He just chuckled & said, "Wow, I bet his wife would be so pissed. Not just that he is seeing you, but that he's paying you to do the stuff his wife probably could never get him to do!"

We kind of have a don't ask don't tell thing going on, but sometimes it's fun to share the non sexual did bits.

My mother always just asks what she did so wrong, that I turned out like this, lol! But, I assure her I am totally happy with being in this business! That probably scares even more. She shakes her head sometimes, but they accept me for who and what I am, unconditonally. I guess that's why Slut Shaming doesn't work on me!

The other people in my life just think I temp in the medical field and that is true. Everyone else can fuck off if they don't like it!
i tell my parents im in the CIA, any other questions,and its my sworn duty to terminate them.
I tell mine I'm a hooker, I don't know why they don't believe me?
I am not a Provider but I told my parents years ago what I do.. my father was just surprised on how much they cost nowadays...
Interesting question lol. I wonder what the provider tells their man or husband if they do not already know?
You could always say you're a Happy Consultant...
I say I work at the Driskill, which I did, a few times. I've traditionally been a waitress, the Driskills too high falootin for my parents to ever go to, and its nice enough to explain my obvious expendatures. FYI gentlemen: I got some new ink and I know it would literally make mu mom cry because shes hystrionic on holidays and because she'll truly believe I got it just to ruin her day, so instead of going home I'm throwing an orphan party of sorts and all my eccie guys sticking around for Thanksgiving get 15% off rates. Black Friday is 20% off. 512 822-5384 Call me anytime
They don't ask, I won't tell, even IF they'd ask...
I'm throwing an orphan party of sorts and all my eccie guys sticking around for Thanksgiving get 15% off rates. Black Friday is 20% off. 512 822-5384 Call me anytime Originally Posted by Sophie Sparks
How long will the lines be?