What is the difference, 2017-19 or 2020-21

I'm unable to watch fox news without them complaining about $1.9T deal passed in Congress. They are all talking like adding $2T to the debt is going to damage our Country for years and years...

I'm left thinking, I don't remember hearing one thing about this catastrophic debt when Trump reduced Taxes on the Corporations and started borrowing close to a Trillion more annually from 2017-2020

Apparently $2T over 3 years isn't the same $2T that has been spent since Jan 1. 2021

Anyone care to explain why $2T debt is ok over 3 tears but unacceptable and is going to be the straw that breaks the Camel's back to spend it all at one time.

Seriously, isn't 2T$ over 36 months the same as 2T$ over a few weeks, or am I missing something. ?
Its my understanding that inflation is manipulated and controlled by the wealthy because it makes their wealth lose value year after year, and unless you have significant wealth inflation doesn't affect you.

If inflation were to happen, it would naturally cause wages to increase, so to say it affects the working poor imo is false and temporary, I'll use the 1980's as an example.

Any inflation talk imo isn't applicable to regular people, only the top 2% of the country.
  • oeb11
  • 03-09-2021, 09:46 AM
someOne is consuming the economic koolaid of lizzie, Bernie, and Big Brother Xi!
Is it ok to not like any of it?

We wouldn't have to bail anyone out if we didn't lock shit down.

Its kind of like every time the federal government does meddlesome shit we all have to pay for it. How about the federal government do something useful, like tighten up the federal border, and quit sending my money to California or New York.
I'm unable to watch fox news without them complaining about $1.9T deal passed in Congress. They are all talking like adding $2T to the debt is going to damage our Country for years and years...

There may be some talk like that but the majority of talk is not on the overall debt, as much as it is on what is in the 1.9 trillion, how much is related to actual Covid relief and why do we need that much when 1 trillion from the last package still hasn't been spent and why so big if the majority of the money won't be spent this year or even the next 2 years combined? Why are we adding money that won't be spent till 2028?

But YES! both parties are hypocrites when discussing debt. It just happens to be the Democrats turn in the barrel.

I'm left thinking, I don't remember hearing one thing about this catastrophic debt when Trump reduced Taxes on the Corporations and started borrowing close to a Trillion more annually from 2017-2020

Apparently $2T over 3 years isn't the same $2T that has been spent since Jan 1. 2021

Anyone care to explain why $2T debt is ok over 3 tears but unacceptable and is going to be the straw that breaks the Camel's back to spend it all at one time.

But it isn't going to be spent "all at one time" which begs the question "why so much on anything other than Covid relief and putting money in the pockets of American directly"?

Seriously, isn't 2T$ over 36 months the same as 2T$ over a few weeks, or am I missing something. ? Originally Posted by bf0082

But to answer your question, yes, I think you are missing something.
apparently its a blow and too much because of how its spent, but they keep glorifying the $1.9T figure as some unheard of number.....

Think most missed the point of the post, its more about the 2T$ than how its spent, just borrowing it is 100% the same as 3 years time as in a 1 time payout, and if this money lasts to 2028 like someone pointed out, isnt that a good thing ?
  • oeb11
  • 03-10-2021, 07:20 AM
This bill is Trumpeted as a 'Cure for poverty" by the DPST and LSM.

yeah - a handout - as is 'welfare' - is no cure for poverty.

Give a man a fish - One feeds him for a day
Teach a man to fish - One feeds him for life.

DPST marxists do love their control of their mnions - dependent on DPST handouts.

The bill is just more DPST lies and attempts to skew America from representative democracy into One party pelosi rule!
We now have a potus that hasn't had a live press ,state of the union in 49 days
We now have a potus that hasn't had a live press ,state of the union in 49 days Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Trump held only one press conference this year (2017). His predecessors had way more

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ore/976675001/

Trump White House goes 300+ days without a press briefing – why that’s unprecedented
February 24, 2020 8.44am EST

https://theconversation.com/trump-wh...edented-130164
Trump took questions from the dc jackals almost daily, without coaches/handlers there to shut down the reporters when they realize their guy has no capacity to answer. You won’t see the impromptu pressers that President Trump did ever with biden.
^^^^100% Jacuzzme,,,well put but the DPST authoritarian Marxism based media gets he has no capacity so tonight is gonna be very interesting