Reasons for a Employment Verification Call

I need to get verified but the call to my employer could get tricky. My boss is a friend who regularly sees my wife and I socially and its well known that I don't buy anything on credit.

If the question "why was someone calling to verify your employment" comes up I need a good cover. Does anyone know a good reason that doesn't involve looking for a new job or applying of financing?
I just call the work place and ask to speak to "Joe Shmo"
Explain your situation and just ask the provider not to say she is a creditor. If they usually ask who is speaking before they transfer your calls, give her a cover story to use.
I do the same thing Heidi..
I use the ruse that I am from Wells fargo/Chase Bank/Triple A or Best buy
I can see where, job depending, it would be very weird.

Me, I get 100's of calls and emails a day.

The only odd thing would be when I ran to answer it! hehe

play it cool man, play it cool!!! :mf_bluesbrot her:
Employment verification is just a clever way to blackmail you later in case her money or business gets slow.

Choose wisely. You might get lucky and find one who wont.......
I have been so lucky to get clients who screen well with provider references....so I rarely use employment verification.
If I do happen to use employment,it's all "info forgotten" after we have safely had a session!
REALLY?

WOW, I'm not naive but again REALLY?

Employment verification is just a clever way to blackmail you later in case her money or business gets slow.

Choose wisely. You might get lucky and find one who wont....... Originally Posted by gimme_that
Gimme that, that isn't necessarily true. I agree, you do need to be careful who you share your personal info with. If you choose a long standing, reputable provider and you don't try to torture her, everything should be OK. If you aren't OK with that, then you have to "fuck your way up the fuck chain" or join P411. If a provider recommends you to p411 and you get a 2nd reference, you don't have to give all your personal info and get 6 months free.

The security of P411 is a bit questionable lately. Don't put all your faith and trust into anything. Do your research and decide what is right for you.
You can go with it is a health insurance agent because you are shopping around.
A booking agent for a surprise trip.
You are giving a reference for someone looking for a job.
I need to get verified but the call to my employer could get tricky. My boss is a friend who regularly sees my wife and I socially and its well known that I don't buy anything on credit.

If the question "why was someone calling to verify your employment" comes up I need a good cover. Does anyone know a good reason that doesn't involve looking for a new job or applying of financing? Originally Posted by BluesMile
This is probably the reason why I haven't broke through in the hobby as well. I am so hesitant to give up certain info...especially work info.
If I were you, Id see a chick who's newbie friendly....before id see any chick who would require work info. Pick one of those ladies, take her on a dinner date, and when you get back too the room suddenly claim your are sick and have to leave. Prematurely......and will try again in the future. Then your reference prolem will be like a western sky tv loan.....problem solved.............

That way you don't have to have sex with a lady you don't prefer.......for believeabilitties sake you can let her give you some head for two minutes. Then use diarreha to make ur hasty retreat.

Do this one more time....then sign up for p411 and your in like Flynn.......
Originally Posted by Nicolet
He
+1 Nic, his posts always make me loose my lunch too.

Dear Bluesmile, if there is any advice that I can give you, it is this, please do not ever take advice from gimme that.

Take your time, be patient, and read. If someone here reaches out to you, check them out, read their posts, see what kind of person they are. There are a lot of great people here, and plenty knuckleheads.

gimme that is a troll. It is a good thing that he inserted his self into this thread. That way other newbies that may need this information can see that he is an asshole without having to go back and look at previous threads to figure it out. This post by him in this thread should make that fact pretty obvious though.

Now, there is no doubt that he will return to this thread and make some asinine comments about myself and others. Which is expected of a troll that contributes nothing but idiocy.

In fact, if any of you are interested in a wager, it could be fun. Just how ignorant will gimme that's next post be? We all know he is going to do it. When all we really want is for him to STFU. That is not possible for him, he can not help but to spread disharmony. So we might as well get some fun out of it.
You can't convey tone via all words here. If you read any of that and took offense to it...that's on you. I offer no apologies because I wasn't directing my comments to anyone in particular. It was obviously in a joking manner. Maybe I struck a nerve.....but again that's on you. Just because the poster is a newbie does not mean he is naive.

And via pm I've helped quite a few gents with info. Stop being so sensitive.......

Besides your the one violating boards rules via your last post. So post away.

And looky here.....a random newbie friendly lady has popped up. Now he knows who to call. Your catered mad response is clearly an ad to let him know you are in fact newbie friendly. See, we help each other here. Take a chill pill missy. If someone lit the fire to the string on your tampon today, it most certainly wasn't me.

Oh and have a blessed day.