ECCIE has more women than Ashley Madison

There's been much speculation about legitimacy of gender balance on Ashley Madison -

Apparently a statistician went through the data, and the number of women in the database statistically rounds to 0% when you remove obviously fake accounts. Awesome!

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-th...ase-1725558944
Cheaper too
I wonder how they counted my female account.

The account is real. But I'm fake.

The account is real. But I'm fake. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
If you read the article, they attribute fake female accounts to have the following characteristics:

- an @ashleymadison.com e-mail address (since no one signs up for Ashley Madison having an e-mail address there).

-a 127.0.0.1 IP address (internal to Ashley Madison)

-The account was created, but never once signed in.

If you, and people like you created female accounts, and did more than that, you got counted as a female in the study...and all of the women statistically round to 0%.
  • bon69
  • 08-27-2015, 01:21 PM
I thought the same thing when I read an article about it. But they gave it a 90% to 10% ratio. Either way I thought how much better on eccie and the girls are real.
I thought the same thing when I read an article about it. But they gave it a 90% to 10% ratio. Either way I thought how much better on eccie and the girls are real. Originally Posted by bon69
That article probably failed to control for trannies, which brings it down to 0%
Not surprised at all. I've always thought that AM was a big rip-off scam targeting gentlemen.

Overall, I think hunting for a provider is a lot safer then looking for a mistress. Less strings for someone to pull the puppet with.
  • bon69
  • 08-27-2015, 01:28 PM
That article probably failed to control for trannies, which brings it down to 0% Originally Posted by SpiceItUp
Probably correct.

Overall, I think hunting for a provider is a lot safer then looking for a mistress. Less strings for someone to pull the puppet with.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
+1

The account is real. But I'm fake. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
I thought that was you griefing me in the powder room about the rate code when I was arguing for a Houston wide rate decrease to $60 due to oil prices.
I thought that was you griefing me in the powder room about the rate code when I was arguing for a Houston wide rate decrease to $60 due to oil prices. Originally Posted by citizen44
She has your bitchy pms ass on ignore.
Like everyone, I've heard a lot of similar reports. So I loaded it up (unless that is illegal... in which case a guy I know only by his online moniker of "Donald duck" did, and took for myself. The dumps are too huge to offer any data specific to Houston... so I (or Donald) sorted it down to just Harris County.

The first thing that is obvious is that there are huge numbers... over 170,000 accounts in Harris County alone. A little over 28,000 of those self identify as female.

As has been widely reported almost none of the females record any "last email" or "last chat" date. Skeptics suggest all of those are fake... but a closer look at the data makes me doubt that. A huge number of the male accounts also report no last mail or chat date. No one has suggested that they are fake.

Something else seems to be at work there. Maybe the last email function is faulty?

The IP information from the last connection looks pretty random to be coming from AM employees... but they could fake that, of course.

More likely it may represent a huge "buyers remorse" problem. People sign up and never come back? Either way, it seems to me that the message here is that lots of people get the urge to cheat and take the first step.... but a lot of them never follow up.
So if a lot of these dudes signed up and there are 0% real females statistically, then what's the big fucking deal? Is it the intention to cheat on their wives?

However those fools signing up with their work email, they deserved to get raked over the coals.
Wow..
Not true. I am a long time user of AM and through it I have met several women anywhere from Sugar Land to Katy and Spring/Atascocita over the years. All real, with families, husbands, kids dogs etc.
I have stumbled upon several fake accounts, I am sure. But I've met a good number of nice ladies looking for a good time. Bunch of weirdos and women with serious issues also.