Eyes bigger than your stomach?

Preface: I read this before submitting it and realized that it sounds like I am hungry...lol! I'm not, but I know that you will all understand my metaphorical writing.

Okay so this has been on my mind awhile now...

Scenario: So a guy reads and loves a provider's restaurant reviews, contacts her...screening checks out, and a reservation is made. Before their date, they discuss the menu and he is super excited to enjoy it all! The provider eagerly prepares herself to serve a five-course meal that the guy will never forget. Of course she realizes that the guy will get full at some point, but assumes he will pace himself to enjoy each course as planned. So the table is set and the gentlemen sits down for the first course. He takes his first proverbial bite and realizes that the first course that she is serving is soooo good, he tosses out the rest of the menu and fills up on the appetizer. She's ready to bring out the second course but he is already having his post-dining cigar with a big fat smile on his face.

Questions that come to mind:

1. Is the gent truly satisfied if he hasn't tasted each course? Was it even a review-worthy tasting? After all, he Pre-paid for the entire meal...

2. Should the lady feel let down that he didn't want to even taste the other courses, or should
she be incredibly proud of the first dish she prepared?

3. If a lady is sooo good at the first course, should she be labeled as a master of first courses when so few have had the stomach to sample the entire menu? Is that fair to her when she undoubtably is amazing at preparing the other 4 courses?

Food for thought anyone???
BTW, we already have some restaurant reviews here....literally....in case you didn't know.
Preface: I read this before submitting it and realized that it sounds like I am hungry...lol! I'm not, but I know that you will all understand my metaphorical writing.

Okay so this has been on my mind awhile now...

Scenario: So a guy reads and loves a provider's restaurant reviews, contacts her...screening checks out, and a reservation is made. Before their date, they discuss the menu and he is super excited to enjoy it all! The provider eagerly prepares herself to serve a five-course meal that the guy will never forget. Of course she realizes that the guy will get full at some point, but assumes he will pace himself to enjoy each course as planned. So the table is set and the gentlemen sits down for the first course. He takes his first proverbial bite and realizes that the first course that she is serving is soooo good, he tosses out the rest of the menu and fills up on the appetizer. She's ready to bring out the second course but he is already having his post-dining cigar with a big fat smile on his face.

Questions that come to mind:

1. Is the gent truly satisfied if he hasn't tasted each course? For him obviously it was. Was it even a review-worthy tasting? Sure. After all, he Pre-paid for the entire meal... Can I have his leftovers/doggy bag?

2. Should the lady feel let down that he didn't want to even taste the other courses, or should
she be incredibly proud of the first dish she prepared? Can go either way. How big was his grin? Was the lady REALLY looking forward to having all the courses sampled?

3. If a lady is sooo good at the first course, should she be labeled as a master of first courses when so few have had the stomach to sample the entire menu? I defer to Blowpop on this one. Is that fair to her when she undoubtably is amazing at preparing the other 4 courses? Can I just skip to the other four courses to give an objective answer, then have then appetizer? Least someone will know how the rest of the food is.

Food for thought anyone??? Originally Posted by YummyMarie

That food critique is obviously not very good at his job or has an overly sensitive palette. Me thincks a better certified gentleman needs to give his ZAGAT rating.

BTW, Rain Forest Cafe is G-A-R-B-A-G-E
Addendum: What if it happens over and over again with many a critic? Do they ALL have sensitive palettes???

And yes, Rain Forest Cafe is over-rated? Or was that double-speak on your part?...feeling a little dense this time of morning :-/
Well at least this means people are reading my reviews...
Me thincks you're seeing the wrong ciritcs but if you've got pletny of customers asking for reservations it's all good.
Awwww Fuck! I'm confused, I thought this was a hooker board.
Call me "Chef Marie" ;-)
YummyMarie, everybodies eyes are bigger than their stomach particular with you doing your Yummy cooking. The entire menu is sooo tasty
There are times when your enjoying the appetizer so intensely you can simply not summon the strength to stop until you desires have been fulfilled. Although with Chef Marie I would make the assertion that the meal only gets better as you progress through each course until you reach the creamy dessert.

But like any favorite dining experience it can be repeated and the more you honor them with your business the more special you become to them. Sometimes you are there for a quick meal and other times you have the inclination to linger over every savory bite.
One would hope so. Perhaps at least four more visits are in order to truly enjoy the full menu. Either way, Chef Marie is especially eager and happy to prepare any and all of her specialty menu items for repeat patrons...In addition, she may very well be inspired to create new dishes to keep them coming back. Who knows, she may be looking for another chef to add a little exotic flavor to her regular fair. Taste testing by special invite only to her most esteemed patrons...

Bon Apetite Gentlemen ;-)
Does anyone else get turned on by a play-on-words???!!!

Waiting for a few more YummyFans to chime in...com'on...you know you want to...
Not me....unfortunately...."raw and dirty" is my preference.
Well at least this means people are reading my reviews... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Don't worry, WU....you ARE contributing to this board....BIG TIME.
Yeah I didn't make it through the full menu I'll admit.
Saves more for next time.