How many more Presidential elections will Texas be a red state?

Not many.

I think maybe 3-4.
Not many.

I think maybe 3-4. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
2-3
More like two.

It won't be blue. It will be purple. It will go both ways in elections.

The state is growing in leaps and bounds. But a lot of the people that move here don't necessarily bring the politics of their state of origin. A lot of California transplants will definitely NOT be pleasantly disposed towards public employees unions or high state income taxes.

On the other hand, they will not be pleasantly disposed towards discriminating against gay marriage, or polluting school text books with intelligent design nonsense or refuting even the remote possibility of global warming. So it will be a mixed bag.

Nonetheless, some guys on this board will still think that all those transplants from the East Coast, West Coast and northern midwest are ready to jump on the secession bandwagon. Not to mention all the Chinese, Indians, and Mexicans.
More like two.

And some guys on this board will still think it is ready to secede. Originally Posted by ExNYer
It would be nice to see an increase in "Blue Dogs"

Why would we secede when we're on top of the pile?

I guess seceding is what someone from kansas would endorse.
I do quite a bit of driving in Texas. About once every two or three weeks I see a vehicle with a "SECEDE" bumper sticker. For the most part, it has an older white guy driving an older model pick up truck. One distinguishing factor, the pick up truck almost always has chewing tobacco stains on the drivers side of the vehicle.

That pretty much sums it up!
More like two.

The state is growing in leaps and bounds. But a lot of the people that move here don't necessarily bring the politics of their state of origin. A lot of California transplants will definitely NOT be pleasantly disposed towards public employees unions or high state income taxes.

On the other hand, they will not be pleasantly disposed towards discriminating against gay marriage, or polluting school text books with intelligent design nonsense or refuting even the remote possibility of global warming. So it will be a mixed bag.

Nonetheless, some guys on this board will still think that all those transplants from the East Coast, West Coast and northern midwest are ready to jump on the secession bandwagon. Not to mention all the Chinese, Indians, and Mexicans. Originally Posted by ExNYer
An FYI, the "Mexica", like the other indigenous people of North America, are "Native Americans".
An FYI, the "Mexica", like the other indigenous people of North America, are "Native Americans". Originally Posted by I B Hankering

FYI, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

I was sarcastically saying that the Mexicans, like the Chinese and Indians (you know, from INDIA), won't be supporting secession.

Some Republicans understand what's what in Texas. When they were writing laws about illegals they exempted those doing household work. Which means all the ladies in Highland Park in Dallas and River Oaks in Houston put their foot down and let their husbands know they were not about to give up their maids.
John King on CNN did an interesting analysis about the impact of Latino and west coast / east coast migration into TX - basically came away saying in the next 12 yrs TX will cross over to the Dems....

FYI, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

I was sarcastically saying that the Mexicans, like the Chinese and Indians (you know, from INDIA), won't be supporting secession.

Originally Posted by ExNYer
You're a lying SOB and you know it.
Texas will be blue by 2016. If you look at the population centers last in last weeks election, you fear and loathing mongers will discover som alarming trends.

Look at the projected demographic growth of Texas and you boys better change up or ship out.
2024. But as bad as it is in other respects, the Republican Party in Texas understands the importance of not pissing off Hispanic voters. That's one thing that Dewhurst and Strauss have done correctly. It remains to be seen if they can keep the crazies stuffed in.
2024. But as bad as it is in other respects, the Republican Party in Texas understands the importance of not pissing off Hispanic voters. That's one thing that Dewhurst and Strauss have done correctly. It remains to be seen if they can keep the crazies stuffed in. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
You would think that would begin with getting Perry to shut the fuck up, stop looking at national office, and do the job here, in Texas, that he was elected to do.
Yes the ugly smelly hoards of northern liberals are
pouring over our northern borders in ever increasing
numbers and at an alarming rate.

They are leaving their liberal home lands that they
turned into vast waste lands by over taxation,
government regulations, unions, and love of big
government, ect, ect.

Problem is they are bringing all their shit for brain
liberal ideas with them.

No ha ha, to F-ing sad.
You're a lying SOB and you know it. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You can try to save face all you want, but I put Chinese and Indians together for a reason. And you can't read my mind.

Here in Dallas, take a walk around any big mall and see how many people there are from Asia and South Asia. It looks like New York or California. There are shitloads of Chinese and Indians working in all of the telecom companies in Richardson, Dallas, Plano, and even out in Irving.

And all those "Indians" are NOT Confederate sympathizers.

For that matter, Mr. Political Correctness, neither are the "native Americans" you are so concerned about.