Recommendation for critter removal

Looking for suggestions to remove squirrels or possums in my attic.

I have tried it myself with no luck.

If you have any experience with a local company please reply.

Thanks
You might look on Angie's List - no requirement to sign up.

Wishing we had a simple way to remove "squirrels" on eccie.

Thanks Originally Posted by neighbordude
buy your own trap, bait it with trail mix type nuts and such. worked for me several years ago. then seal your roof so those suckers cannot get back in
Just be completely clear, that advice works for squirrels only, and I would be rather shocked if you have a possum in your attic
Some cities will provide traps, I was told to use cat food. Finally found that ammonia and mouth balls worked, they don't like the smell. They move so doesn't kill.

I've seen this work when put in an attic.

http://www.predatorpee.com/Merchant2...ategory_Code=F

This is copied from this suppliers web site. I think I remember getting it at a "feed store".

100% pure Fox urine in liquid or granule (granular) from Predator Pee. In the woods and fields foxes are a very efficient predator. They stalk like a cat and kill like a machine. So if you have a rabbit, squirrel, skunk, chipmunk problem that needs a natural repellent. Fox urine is the deterrent that works. Get rid of rabbits, repel the squirrels, stop the chipmunks, and deter the skunks. Predator urine in the form of Fox urine is the natural way to protect your yard and garden from these animal pests.
100% Fox Urine stops rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, skunks

Yes, some cities will provide traps. Animal control usually has them.

When you bait the traps, try using peanut butter, peppermint patties, canned dog or cat food. The smell of any of these will attract their attention.

Check feed stores or Lowes and Home Depot. They will carry various forms of baits and repellents.

Repels-All Animal Repellent

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1

I used to have a next door neighbor who wouldn't stop feeding feral cats. It became such an issue, I bought a container of Repels-All granules and spread it around and beyond the perimeter of my patio area. Worked wonderfully!

Just One Bite Bar by Farnam

http://www.southernagriculture.com/J...LIDDLF/Product

My grandmother had problems with squirrels in the attic too. After she put out these edible poison bars for the rodents, they shriveled and died from dehydration. Simply throw away the bodies. No smell at all.

Mothballs are awesome too! My dad had a family of skunks move in under his house. While he was visiting the hardware store for advice, someone told him to buy a whole case of mothballs and throw all of them under the house and around the foundation. It worked perfectly; no more skunks!

Let me just add that they're getting in from somewhere, and that somewhere needs to be identified and addressed. That might be worth calling in a professional, as people unfamiliar with this tend to miss every possible place they can come in. You'd be surprised what a fluffy animal can squeeze through or in to.
Please update us on your critter situation.

Thanks Originally Posted by neighbordude

Turtle man
Please update us on your critter situation. Originally Posted by alaine

Thanks for asking, I still have the issue as I am leaning towards hiring pros but haven't yet. Hopefully I can set up an appointment today.

What Funindfw typed earlier is correct, I want to seal all of the possible entry points and from what I have read the pros claim to do that, and some have 3 year warranties.

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice.

Shea, I have tried the traps with peanut butter but they didn't take the bait. lol
But the info you gave is good to know.