Taiwan Strait

• pxmcc
  • 08-05-2022, 11:42 AM
I think we should send 2 carrier battle groups through the Taiwan Strait, pronto. Thoughts?

and p.s.: i'm happy to relieve any fatigued troops in the mission, unlike trump, who sacrifices nothing for his country. those darn pesky achilles bone spurs tho..

he has trouble reading a script: "i am shocked about the heinous jan. 6 insurrection. ish.."

as to the presidential library, since trump reads at the 6th grade level, he says that we will be getting only 6th grade teachers, if we're lucky, as curators. so there's that. and plus, he needs a place to cover up his fuckery..

#affirmativeactionforsorrylose rtrump..
#takeamulligananddisappearsir. .
"liarinchief": plead guilty to treason and that will be that, hopefully..
I think we should send 2 carrier battle groups through the Taiwan Strait, pronto. Thoughts?

and p.s.: i'm happy to relieve any fatigued troops in the mission, unlike trump, who sacrifices nothing for his country. those darn pesky achilles bone spurs tho..

he has trouble reading a script: "i am shocked about the heinous jan. 6 insurrection. ish.."

as to the presidential library, since trump reads at the 6th grade level, he says that we will be getting only 6th grade teachers, if we're lucky, as curators. so there's that. and plus, he needs a place to cover up his fuckery..

#affirmativeactionforsorrylose rtrump..
#takeamulligananddisappearsir. .
"liarinchief": plead guilty to treason and that will be that, hopefully.. Originally Posted by pxmcc

At least that is way above the rambling childish shit you wrote. Did you miss the days in school where they taught capitalization and proper punctuation? I'm not real good with it, but damn.

Have you served? Why are you so willing to put someone else's life in danger?

We are not prepared for a war in the South China Sea, and will not be for another few years. The US has been preparing for a 2030 or later conflict. Japan is figuring on 2025 and Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and others sometime in between those dates.
  • pxmcc
  • 08-05-2022, 06:34 PM
At least that is way above the rambling childish shit you wrote. Did you miss the days in school where they taught capitalization and proper punctuation? I'm not real good with it, but damn.

Have you served? Why are you so willing to put someone else's life in danger?

We are not prepared for a war in the South China Sea, and will not be for another few years. The US has been preparing for a 2030 or later conflict. Japan is figuring on 2025 and Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and others sometime in between those dates. Originally Posted by O'Mike
i have not served. if the u.s. military issues a call for volunteers, i will answer the call.

i don't use correct capitalization, typically, unless the context calls for it. a hooker board post doesn't meet that threshold, sorry.

the problem with waiting is that the chinese military is growing on an exponential path, while the u.s. military is growing on a linear path with an extremely small slope. the longer we wait to act, the worse our chances become. if we move now, we can still defeat china. if we wait, our chances go down substantially for every year of delay.

i think we should send two (or more) carrier battle groups through the taiwan strait, now. also, i think we should invite taiwan to join nato. like, ya china, we just told you to go fuck yourself. what are you going to do about it, you little bitch? this strategic ambiguity is a bunch of horseshit.

if the proposed 2 carrier battle groups need more personnel, i volunteer myself. the chinese, like the north koreans, are full of shit, and i personally would love to call their bluff. if i fall in battle, i would consider that a more than worthy death.

thoughts?
I do not understand all the pro and cons of putting a battle cruisers in the strait, but if you think we have have a chips shortage now, wait till the largest chip manufacturer Twainese Semiconductor Chip Manufacturer production is threatened and goes offline.
Carrier battle groups are not designed to work in confined spaces like the Taiwan Strait. The west is getting stronger in relation to a prospective military confrontation with China. Once the US accepted that it was coming, changes were started.

Wonder why the USMC gave up it's tanks? Most don't even know the Marines don't have tanks anymore. We sold them to Poland if you can believe it. It was to better concentrate on forming a force to fight in the South China Sea with anti-ship missiles. With the current problem with the Corps AAVs and the ACV not coming on line fast enough or in significant numbers (and having teething issues.), we are not ready.

Not too worried about computer chips, this will probably be a 'come as you are' war. What each side has on the first day will most likely be the determining factor. For example, they can only produce about 150 F-35s a year and it takes 40,000+ production hours for each one. Doubtful the US can spin up wartime production like we did in 1942 to meet the need. The war will be decided long before the effect of assembly lines can take hold. Look at lead times on carriers. Speaking of which the new Chinese carrier is designed to fight in the South China Sea. It's oil fired, not even nuclear. Limits it's range without a vulnerable logistics trail. They know where the fight will be.

i have not served. if the u.s. military issues a call for volunteers, i will answer the call.

They have been doing it for decades now. We've been in conflicts for years now. Do you just have a particular hate just for the Chinese? Why have you not answered the call before to deal with Americas enemies? 911 attacks not enough for you??

Glad your last post was a lot more readable, moved up a few grade levels, got it's your style with the capitalization.

The Ronald is already close by. With it's entire battle group.

The Tripoli is nearby. That's an amphibious assault ship (mini carrier)

The America is somewhere in the region as well. That's also an amphibious assault ship (mini carrier)

So lets see, US three, China two.

And btw, I'm not mentioning the US heavy cruisers. Those heavy missile throwers can take out an enemy fleet by themselves from a distance.

Close in fights would be the destroyers and aircraft.

Those of you who do not know how professional these folks are, that went through our training programs, simply need to let the professionals kick ass when needed, and stop second guessing.

Seriously, the Chinese know they are outgunned, so they're simply whining like a spoiled brat.
  • pxmcc
  • 08-07-2022, 10:41 AM
The Ronald is already close by. With it's entire battle group.

The Tripoli is nearby. That's an amphibious assault ship (mini carrier)

The America is somewhere in the region as well. That's also an amphibious assault ship (mini carrier)

So lets see, US three, China two.

And btw, I'm not mentioning the US heavy cruisers. Those heavy missile throwers can take out an enemy fleet by themselves from a distance.

Close in fights would be the destroyers and aircraft.

Those of you who do not know how professional these folks are, that went through our training programs, simply need to let the professionals kick ass when needed, and stop second guessing.

Seriously, the Chinese know they are outgunned, so they're simply whining like a spoiled brat. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
i think you're on to something. if we call their bluff, i think they would fold. (or get a nice shellacking.)

it's one thing to intimidate and bully the tiny island nation of taiwan. it's another thing entirely for a 2 carrier power-china-to take on an 11 carrier superpower-the U.S.

and that's great news that the U.S. has so many assets nearby and on standby. i knew about the ronald reagan and its strike force monitoring the situation, but not about the amphibious assault ships. my little brother-a Navy Jayhawk helo aircraft commander-spent quite a bit of time deployed on an amphibious assault ship called the Peleliu, and told me the capabilities of that ship were, generally speaking, way underestimated by friend and foe alike. the carriers get all the attention, but the amphibious assault ships roll utr and arenot to be trifled with either.

the truth is, if we called china's bluff right now, they would fold. 10 years from now? maybe not.
pxmcc I see you dodged my question. Too hard for you to answer that one huh? Don't like the answer?

Remember, the US has not fought a near peer adversary in a major naval battle since the 1940s. China has the advantage of land based systems. Hard for anything as big as a naval fleet to 'roll utr' these days.

The sinking of the Moskva has caused a lot of concerns in the US Navy. Hate to see $13 Billion assets be nothing more than a land based cruise missile sponge. While they are a tremendous advantage when fighting smaller scale conflicts with a third world military, many are thinking they may not fare well against a modern first world force. China actively practices attacking US carriers. Some believe that a preemptive strike on the US fleet will be the opening gambit in an invasion of Taiwan. The possibility of 10,000 US causalities in the first few hours is a scary prospect.

You might find this an interesting read.
https://www.defenseone.com/policy/20...-fight/184050/

• pxmcc
  • 08-07-2022, 02:31 PM
hi o'mike. i don't try to dodge much of anything, not even pimps with a glock 45 in their bball shorts lol..

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...ighlight=pxmcc

what was your question again, exactly?

great article you posted. it reminded me of another war game i recall where an american battleship-i think it was a destroyer, but it may have been a carrier- went up against like 30 or so iranian fast attack boats coming from all sides. the red white and blue team-i think those were the right colors lol-fared poorly in the war game.

while everything you said is correct, consider that an attack on an American battleship is a boolean: attack, or dont. the chinese, like the north koreans, talk a big game, but they're full of shit. senior commanders will piss their pants before they'll fire on an american battleship. that's why 2 american carrier strike groups could safely transit the taiwan strait unscathed, imo.

and if we offered nato membership to taiwan and they accepted, it would be hilariously droll watching china's response, which would be exactly...jack shit, even though they'll claim we just started World War III.
You can't be bothered to go back to post #5 for the question? I called you out on your false bravado statement about volunteering.

I really don't think you have an understanding of the situation or what it means. You refer to an 'american battleship', I am guessing you mean American warship, as there are no active battleships and they have not be relevant to naval power since mid-WW2.

Make no mistake, the Chinese are a professional top tier military organization.

They will not shit their pants or roll over. They have a very strong advantage in that they will be fighting in their own backyard, for a cause they deeply believe in. These are not the highly motivated, but unsophisticated farm boys we faced in the 1950's. Even those folks gave us everything we could handle. The PLAAD is beginning to field in notable numbers what many consider a top 3 in the world fighter with the J-20. (Note: It is assumed that the Chinese have been working on their version of the US's 'Quicksink' technology to deploy in that fighter.) The Chinese aviation industry has surpassed Russia as the biggest threat to our air supremacy. They've outpaced the US in hyper-sonic ballistic missile development and have them in deployable numbers now. We don't, years away from having an equivalent. Their use would put the swimming skills of the Marines to a test as their Amphibious Assault Ships sank under them. To avoid that, the US must keep it's valuable assets far away, where they are less effective and vulnerable to their submarines. (BTW, landing ships will not be the best way to get troops to Taiwan, commercial airlines will be safer, cheaper, and less risky.)

Many in the US seem to think that the next war in the Pacific will be like the last one, just like those in the 1920-30s thought lines of battleships would be the key (think Jutland). They didn't have a clue as a new form of warfare came to rule. Thinking our destroyers, cruisers, submarines and carriers will carry the day is outdated and dangerous. It's great for small conflicts against peasants, but that is not the bigger threat.

You also really need to look at what NATO is, that should eliminate any thought you may have about Taiwan's membership. The US and most all countries don't even recognize Taiwan as a country. (Only about a dozen or so legitimate countries do)

I don't know if your are playing the roll of a fool or troll. Hard to believe that you don't really don't get this.

So believing that you may just want to play games, I will leave you to find another source of enlightenment/entertainment.

Peace to you brother.

• pxmcc
  • 08-08-2022, 11:06 PM
You can't be bothered to go back to post #5 for the question? I called you out on your false bravado statement about volunteering.

i gotcha o'mike. yes, i have a special hatred for china. afghanistan turned out to be a mistake, and i called out gulf war ii as a clusterfuck from day 1.

I really don't think you have an understanding of the situation or what it means. You refer to an 'american battleship', I am guessing you mean American warship, as there are no active battleships and they have not be relevant to naval power since mid-WW2.

lol sir. you gave me a good laugh.
wait, we don't have any "battleships"? why didn't i get the memo? and what about the u.s.s. arizona..

Make no mistake, the Chinese are a professional top tier military organization.
correct but no match for the u.s., right now. in 5 or 10 years, different story.

They will not shit their pants or roll over. They have a very strong advantage in that they will be fighting in their own backyard, for a cause they deeply believe in. These are not the highly motivated, but unsophisticated farm boys we faced in the 1950's. Even those folks gave us everything we could handle. The PLAAD is beginning to field in notable numbers what many consider a top 3 in the world fighter with the J-20. (Note: It is assumed that the Chinese have been working on their version of the US's 'Quicksink' technology to deploy in that fighter.) The Chinese aviation industry has surpassed Russia as the biggest threat to our air supremacy. They've outpaced the US in hyper-sonic ballistic missile development and have them in deployable numbers now. We don't, years away from having an equivalent. Their use would put the swimming skills of the Marines to a test as their Amphibious Assault Ships sank under them. To avoid that, the US must keep it's valuable assets far away, where they are less effective and vulnerable to their submarines. (BTW, landing ships will not be the best way to get troops to Taiwan, commercial airlines will be safer, cheaper, and less risky.)
china has zero chance one on one with the u.s., right now. get nato on board, the chinese are dead mother fuckers. if you don't understand that, it's you who have no clue.

Many in the US seem to think that the next war in the Pacific will be like the last one, just like those in the 1920-30s thought lines of battleships would be the key (think Jutland). They didn't have a clue as a new form of warfare came to rule. Thinking our destroyers, cruisers, submarines and carriers will carry the day is outdated and dangerous. It's great for small conflicts against peasants, but that is not the bigger threat.

it will be an over the horizon war, mostly. sailing 2 carrier strike forces through the taiwan strait is a first move in 4 dimensional chess. is it dangerous? hell ya. that's why you need crazy fucks like me on board. like i said before, the chinese are a bunch of pussies, just like the north koreans. they'll only fire on weak countries that have no chance, like taiwan. you realize they're practicing aninvasion right before our eyes, correct? we can't let that shit go unchecked. china needs an immediate reality check. china needs a reminder they're #2 or lower, and be put back in their proper place, and quickly.

You also really need to look at what NATO is, that should eliminate any thought you may have about Taiwan's membership. The US and most all countries don't even recognize Taiwan as a country. (Only about a dozen or so legitimate countries do)
either we're going to defend taiwan, or we won't. if we won't, we should just cede taiwan to china. if we will, fuck this strategicambiguity bullshit. just send taiwan an offer-ya we may have to give nato a new name-and tell china to go fuck itself. nato would destroy china. (right now. maybe not in 10 years.) and russia, a natural chinese ally, is "busy." hell, they can't even beat ukraine.

I don't know if your are playing the roll of a fool or troll. Hard to believe that you don't really don't get this.
your piss stream goes further than my piss stream. are you happy now?

So believing that you may just want to play games, I will leave you to find another source of enlightenment/entertainment.
i never joke around when it comes to war and china. it poses the greatest threat the u.s. has ever faced. we need to reshore all of our manufacturing and give illegals a shot at doing the hard work in factories at a wage that allows us to compete with china. only reason we won wwii was our greater industrial capacity. ceding that to china is an absolutely epic mistake which, if we don't alter course, we will come to seriously regret.

Peace to you brother.

thx u too sir..
#trumpsreckoningisathand..
  • pxmcc
  • 08-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Although this author gets to the wrong conclusion, this article hits all the key points. props to Senator Menendez. lets git er dun..

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/202.../hjgc-a05.html

China needs to be nipped in the bud, or as seditious Steve Bannon said about the incoming Biden admin, lets kill it in the crib. (while we still can.)
  • pxmcc
  • 08-15-2022, 06:52 AM
i emailed the president through the WH "contact the president" form. i suggested the following:
1. send a second carrier strike force to accompany the Ronald Reagan.
2. send a third carrier battle group to the south china sea.
3. send a 4th carrier strike force to the sea of japan and a 5th to the east china sea.
4. announce that due to china's recent agressive moves, that the One China policy is currently under review
5. contact britain and france and other carrier nations to see if they'd like to join 2 u.s. carrier strike groups with their own carriers in the u.s.'s upcoming freedom of navigation op through the strait of Taiwan
6. check to see if taiwan, vietnam, the phillipines, australia, india, japan, south korea, and other nations near china (or just wanting to join the Fon op) if they would like to send their ships, subs, and planes to join the u.s.' FON op through the Taiwan strait
7. once the greatest naval battle group in the history of the world has been assembled, transit that battle group through the taiwan strait, keeping within international waters or taiwan's waters, with their approval of course.
8. tell china, i dare ya. no, i double dog dare ya. no, i triple dog dare ya, with a side of ghost chili peppers, to so much as think about firing on the greatest naval battle group ever assembled in the history of the world
9. after the transit, announce that the u.s. has revoked the one china policy and has formally begun diplomatic recognition of taiwan. (who was the idiot who repealed recognition of taiwan and substituted recognition of china? was that that evil pos nixon?)
10. offer taiwan membership in a supernato type treaty that any u.s. ally can join.
11. inform china that live fire exercises in the taiwan strait such as they conducted after speaker pelosi's visit are no longer permitted, going forward, and will be viewed as an explicit declaration of war on taiwan and its allies, as will any violation of its airspace and territorial waters, and no additional warning shall be given.

those chinese fucks, like the north koreans, are pussies. if any transiting u.s. ship needs additional personnel, i volunteer myself. hell, i'll wash dishes if they need a dishwasher. if they need a lawyer to rewrite the One China policy or draft a supernato treaty, i volunteer myself for that as well. if they need a "diplomat" to break the good news to china, i volunteer myself for that as well. pretty much whatever they need from me to make it happen, im down.

can anyone give me one good reason in the world that we should put up with China's insolent and highly disrespectful bullying of Taiwan and their practicing an invasion of taiwan and violating taiwan's airspace and territorial waters, right in front of our eyes, and without fear of consequences?
  • pxmcc
  • 08-15-2022, 07:54 AM
#3 got timed out b4 i fixed it. whoops.

3. send a 4th carrier strike force to the sea of japan and a 5th to the east china sea. that leaves us 6 more carriers for the persian gulf, horn of africa, etc
  • pxmcc
  • 08-19-2022, 02:48 PM
this is not a bad start.

https://news.usni.org/2022/08/08/u-s...ion-with-china

p.s. i'd love to see them shadow a 2 carrier battle group, in addition to carrier strike forces from all over the world, plus every ship,sub, and plane from all of our allies.