GOP Not A Normal Party

So are we really headed over the fiscal cliff?

Why are we headed that draconian direction?

. . .Basically, it's because the GOP is no longer a normal party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z2
Nor is it a NORML party!
So are we really headed over the fiscal cliff?

Why are we headed that draconian direction?

. . .Basically, it's because the GOP is no longer a normal party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z2 Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
How about because the Dems won't commit to any spending cuts, now? Only a vague promise of cuts "later". An unwillingness to negotiate. You can't pin this all on the Repubs, it a group effort.

I keep saying it, let it go over the cliff....everyone gets what they want in the deal. Tax hikes on everyone and spending cuts across the board. Win-Win
Are you insane?

The fiscal cliff was deliberately made to be so onerous that both parties would be compelled to negotiate a better deal.

President Obama wants to do what is best for the country, but the Republicans are refusing to compromise just the way they did during the debt ceiling crisis.

. . . Going over the cliff is a lose-lose proposition and we're all going to feel it if a deal is not worked out pronto!

Nope, I'm not insane at all. There will be some short-term pain for everyone, no doubt. But cutting spending AND raising taxes on the "wealthy" (even though everyone will feel the pinch) is the only way out of this mess.

And you are exactly right, The fiscal cliff was deliberately made to be so onerous that both parties would be compelled to negotiate a better deal. However, no one did until the very last minute. Thats just poor management, from both sides.

FYI, the Repubs have offered a compromise (at least a first round of negotiation); Raise taxes on earnings over $1 Million. The Dems are the ones refusing to compromise....they won't commit to ANY spending cuts. Only that the will look at cuts "later". What kind of compromise is that? There is nothing tangible in "later".

This has been in all the papers.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj
At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, "I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?"

"You get nothing," the president said. "I get that for free."
Are you insane?

President Obama wants to do what is best for the country,
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
You are so naive! It's hysterical!

Obama doesn't give a damn about the country. Open your eyes. Neither do the Republicans.

They are all about satisfying their owners, the banks, unions and corporations. Not us.
You are so naive! It's hysterical!

. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

He couldn't find a brain if he was in Oz.
He couldn't find a brain if he was in Oz. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
you mean fast cum is this guy?
Well, actually most people who are insane do not realize it precisely because their brains are not working properly.

Ipso facto, you cannot testify to your own sanity. You will need a court order or something from a hospital.

. . . If President Obama really said that you have admire the brass to play hard ball with those who are not inclined to cooperate.

Nope, I'm not insane at all. There will be some short-term pain for everyone, no doubt. But cutting spending AND raising taxes on the "wealthy" (even though everyone will feel the pinch) is the only way out of this mess.

And you are exactly right, The fiscal cliff was deliberately made to be so onerous that both parties would be compelled to negotiate a better deal. However, no one did until the very last minute. Thats just poor management, from both sides.

FYI, the Repubs have offered a compromise (at least a first round of negotiation); Raise taxes on earnings over $1 Million. The Dems are the ones refusing to compromise....they won't commit to ANY spending cuts. Only that the will look at cuts "later". What kind of compromise is that? There is nothing tangible in "later".

This has been in all the papers.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Well, that is funny in a dopey sort of way.

. . . But no, I don't resemble anyone in that show, but you might!

you mean fast cum is this guy? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
How do you know, FastGoon? Can you prove you have a brain? It hasn't been in evidence so far. You will defend Obama no matter what he does. If you have a brain, it's been washed.
Can you Prove you can STFU, Whiny?

You're always challenging people to refute your opinion as if it were fact, when in fact it's is rarely more than raving.

Refute that, dipshit.
I can prove I have a soul.

. . . Does that count and could you tell the difference?
LOL! I know you have a soul, FastGoon! I just question your sanity. I'm sure you're a good guy in person, I just don't understand this Obama worship that you espouse. Obama is a politician, just like every other politician, but much better at the game than many. He is not honest. He is not compassionate. He cares only for himself and his entourage, and his rulers. To think he gives a damn about you is psychotic.
Please prove that he cares only for himself and his entourage and his rulers. Or STFU.