Handle change

• cboat
  • 08-31-2017, 11:07 AM
Considering changing my eccie handle and was wondering about the down side of doing so. I understand that you will lose all reviews
done under the previous handle. Any insights from providers and clients appreciated.
Maybe a temporary loss of any credibility associated with your handle. You would look like a newbie at first, I think. Something like this incident comes to mind, though you could probably overcome it just by being upfront with providers about the handle change:

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2088692&highlight=
New name may not be recognized but you will not loose your reviews.
New name may not be recognized but you will not loose your reviews. Originally Posted by Fr8nk&Bnz
Is it possible to just change a handle? What I thought happened in these kind of situations is that the old handle is "guested"--the name changes to "GuestXXXXX" (where the "X"s are digits from 0-9)--and the user gets a new handle. In that situation the old reviews don't go away, but they aren't associated with the new handle, but rather with the old one, now "GuestXXXXX".

You're right, if the handle is just changed the old reviews shouldn't become lost. I'm just unsure if that's the way this is, ahem, handled. (Pun intended. )

Cheers,

bcg
Is it possible to just change a handle? What I thought happened in these kind of situations is that the old handle is "guested"--the name changes to "GuestXXXXX" (where the "X"s are digits from 0-9)--and the user gets a new handle. In that situation the old reviews don't go away, but they aren't associated with the new handle, but rather with the old one, now "GuestXXXXX".

You're right, if the handle is just changed the old reviews shouldn't become lost. I'm just unsure if that's the way this is, ahem, handled. (Pun intended. )

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Your understanding of how it works is the same as mine. I don't think old reviews carry over to a new handle. In the link I posted above, the provider indicated the client who had recently changed handles had no reviews. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall he did have some before the name change.
Only speaking from my experience. I changed my handle 2 or 3 reviews in on my old handle. Still have those original reviews.

Mod asked for 3 different handle names. Supplied and it was an easy fix.

Policy may have changed since who knows.

*** Looking at the providers showcase, those 2/3 reviews still have my original handle as the writer not as guestxxx. You look at my profile those same reviews have my handle as Fr8nk&bnz. Weird!!
  • cboat
  • 09-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Thanks Spank. Kinda suspected as much. Just getting bored with the old handle. I might talk to a few ladies in advance and get their response.
You appear to be well established here, why muddy the water?
You shouldn't loose your reviews but would temporarily be unknown. This is a public announcement that the change is coming. Do the same after you change your handle so people are aware that it has happened and to let them know what you've chosen as well. Providers who are searching for for while probably be steered by others to your new handle if they can't find you
As long as you have the same hobby number and ways to verify you it shouldn't be an issue in my opinion. Talk to your refs, tell them what your wanting to do so they can verify that you are who you say you are and go from there. Shreveport is such a high risk City that the girls there screen people not just handles. They'll ask you a test question to ask the client about their session etc that only they and the client know the answer to
  • cboat
  • 09-04-2017, 05:10 PM
You appear to be well established here, why muddy the water? Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Just bored with the old vanilla handle. At the time I got into this I didn't give it much thought.
  • cboat
  • 09-04-2017, 05:16 PM
As long as you have the same hobby number and ways to verify you it shouldn't be an issue in my opinion. Talk to your refs, tell them what your wanting to do so they can verify that you are who you say you are and go from there. Shreveport is such a high risk City that the girls there screen people not just handles. They'll ask you a test question to ask the client about their session etc that only they and the client know the answer to Originally Posted by Trinity Kane
Thanks Trinity for the opinion from the provider's side. That is pretty much what I was planning to do. I would not be changing my e-mail address or phone number and had planned to contact my multiple visit friends in advance.