Vacation

So, Iridemhard says that all I do is work & save and that I'm a boring homebody hermit. He says I'm letting life pass me by & I need to go on a real vacation... I think he's right.

Anyone have suggestions for tropical beachy-type resorts? What's your dream vacation? Post pics & links, please. Girls are visual creatures, too.

I'm looking at this place in Jamaica. Anyone ever gone?

http://www.beaches.com/main/ng/ng-home/
Island hop the hawaiian islands. Watch hula dances while drinking rum at night. Id kill for a vacation like that right now.
I go to the Caribbean every summer right before hurricane season. And with all the people we go with we are very self entertaining. Eleuthera is a phenomenal island with many comforts, booze, grocery store, houses to rent for only $3k a week, and literally white, sandy beaches with NO ONE to the left or right of you for miles and miles. Lenny Kravitz has a home there. My favorite place.
I go to the Caribbean every summer right before hurricane season. And with all the people we go with we are very self entertaining. Eleuthera is a phenomenal island with many comforts, booze, grocery store, houses to rent for only $3k a week, and literally white, sandy beaches with NO ONE to the left or right of you for miles and miles. Lenny Kravitz has a home there. My favorite place. Originally Posted by shakenmartini45
Thanks!! Better deal. Looking through VRBO now.
Always see these commercials on TV and they look like a lot of fun. They have different resorts all over the Caribbean.

http://m.sandals.com/resortDestinations?tabID=1&tabID=1

Been to Hawaii three times and you can't go wrong there, only thing is you need to book your stay at least six months in advance or up to a year.
Been all over the Caribbean as well, Jamaica is ok but definitely not my favorite (or even close). If it is your first time i would choose Cozumel. The beaches are phenomenal, the area is safe enough to just walk around, every excursion you can think of doing is there. Make sure you do some excursions!
Cozumel is my choice too.can't go wrong there.when I got of the boat looked in the water so clear,saw a big barricuda swimming.lol
yeah sounds nice.
so when you get there what you gonna do other than dance and drink and screw?

I'm thinking a lot of dancing, drinking from coconuts, loafing on the beach. I don't know about screwing, we'll see what the cabana boys look like...

If they look anything like this, I will probably need several of them to apply my sunscreen. Wouldn't want to get skin cancer or anything. I'm just saying. Lol
Attached Images File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (28.6 KB, 204 views)
You can't go wrong in Negril. Can't remember if it's swept away or sandals. But if you do chose to go, go to the resort on the 7-mile beach believe it's swept away. Been to both twice in past 6 years. Swept is much more beach and scenery. Restaurants are always on point and the club always has a different theme every night.

Don't pass up the blue mountains, ricks cafe, zip lines, shopping. Always negotiate your prices with the locals when shopping.

Personally have my eye on Cabo. Here it's a blast as well.
My brother and his "squad" always go on Carnival cruises. One of his friend's mother is a platinum member so she gets them all sorts of benefits. They even got into the secret crew member only parties and crew discounts. By the end of the trip, the crew thought they worked on the ship as well lol.

Following in their foot steps, I'm going to Cozamel and Yucatan this fall. Booked a bunch of on-shore excursions as well. Not planning to work on my tan for obvious reasons.

A little tip my brother gave me that I'm passing along to anyone that wants it:
On Carnival almost everything is included except the spa. If you want a spa day, go to there when you get on the ship, before it leaves port. Ask them if they want a model to attract customers. More than likely they'll say yes unless someone already beat you to it. They need someone to sit and look like they're getting pampered so others will want to get pampered as well. Of course this advice is coming from a 23 year old male so take it how you will.

I read a sex book once (can't remember the name) where a group of girl friends went on a cruise and had a sex contest. The one with the most condom wrappers won. Of course two of them found love (just so happened the men they met lived in the same city as them) and one was just cheating on her husband with the bartender because her husband cheated on her with some blonde bimbo. This has nothing to do with the post, just came to mind with the cabana boy pic (ps if they look like him they are either gay or have a sugar momma watching their every move)
Not to downplay the tropics, but if you're looking for a place that's a little bit cooler (climate-wise), Alaska's not a bad choice for the summer.

Kodiak Island, where I grew up.

Anchorage, the largest city, and where I would personally prefer to go, since it's not as isolated as Kodiak.

And Juneau, the state capital. Isolated and full of hippies, but a pretty and quiet nonetheless. Only accessible by sea or by air though.
Fixed it for ya
Fixed it for ya Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
Thanks D. That's probably a better picture of Juneau.

I've also got some more pics of Kodiak from the last time I was there, a few years ago.
It's beautiful. All I ever hear about Alaska is having to have food air-lifted to your house and way too much snow. I would love to see the better side of it