Lets quit bastardizing it

A number of you have used the phrase, "are you better off than you were four years ago..." but then you stop there. Lets hear the whole speech and see how small you are besides the real thing.

"Next Tuesday is Election Day. Next Tuesday all of you will go to the polls, will stand there in the polling place and make a decision. I think when you make that decision, it might be well if you would ask yourself, are you better off than you were four years ago? Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago? Is America as respected throughout the world as it was? Do you feel that our security is as safe, that we're as strong as we were four years ago? And if you answer all of those questions yes, why then, I think your choice is very obvious as to whom you will vote for. If you don't agree, if you don't think that this course that we've been on for the last four years is what you would like to see us follow for the next four, then I could suggest another choice that you have."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBe0WXtts8
are you better off than you were four years ago?

Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago?

YES

Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago?

MORE

Is America as respected throughout the world as it was?

I really don't give a shit.

Do you feel that our security is as safe, that we're as strong as we were four years ago?

National security about the same. Where I live, less secure.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So based on this, i'm supposed to decide who to vote for?
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
So based on this, i'm supposed to decide who to vote for? Originally Posted by Submodo
LOL..yes, it is called JD logic!

.I'm way better off and I think the country is way better off. We were going off the cliff four years ago. I had a Doctor pull out of a contract for a 1.6 million dollar home because of the meltdown. He walked away from 50k. He scared me by doing so. Then Ike came along! Talk about a fucking four years ago. The country was in a mess. Thank God I was not building cheap houses, credit froze up. I found a cash buyer. But I had to sweat it.