XBOX1 vs. PS4

Ok so I may be showing my age here but I want to know y'all's opinions on the latest gaming systems. I've been an avid gamer since day 1. I had a black and white tv with Pong built into it. I played Atari and Intelevision in the early 80's. Then Nintendo jumped on the scene followed by the Sega Master System. I wasn't privileged enough to get my hands on a Turbo Graffix 16 or a NEO GEO but I had just about everything else. There was the Super Nintendo somewhere in there but the Nintendo 64 was my last of that brand. I never felt GameCube or anything they created after that. The Wii seemed like it was more for children. I did the Sega thing with the Genesis and all of its accessories, the Saturn and Dreamcast. When the Playstation came out, I had to have one. I bought my PS2 from Japan which allowed me to have it months before it was released in the States. The XBOX kind of made me put my PS2 aside and thus I immediately bought the 360 upon release. It was a POS and had to be replaced twice within the first 2 years. That caused me to switch back to Sony and the PS3. Now here we are in 2014.... It's PS4 vs XBOX1 (Microsoft needs to work on their numbering system a bit). I stood on the sidelines watching initially but the release of Titanfall got me in the game. I bought the XBOX1 and overall, I'm pretty impressed with the direction that they are heading but the features like the voice command still feel like they're in the beta phase. The built in Kinects motion system? Again, great idea but the motion detection range needs to be expanded. Both features are still a bit quirky. I know I'm a grown ass man but these systems and games are priced and geared towards adults, not children. Anyone else out there getting their game on? Which system do you have and how do you feel about your purchase thus far?
I've never owned an XBOX...always been a PlayStation guy myself.

I still have a PS3 and I'm in no rush for the PS4, although I'll eventually get one

Speaking of Atari, I used to play the shit out of these two games below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhXMYw1lXY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIH3qE7jUUs
  • Trey
  • 04-12-2014, 05:11 PM
I got ps4 on launch day. I like the system and have no major problems with it. My bro is an xbox fan boy and bought that thing the next month mainly for it Titan fall that would come out later. I played it over at his house found it just ok, I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to put NPC units in an online game but that really put me off on it. As far as ps4 goes we don't have much out for it yet. I have liked the free games each month from sony on the PSN but still no must have AAA games are out.

I also don't like that neither system has a media server, I used that a lot on ps3. I don't care for that camera thing on xbone. I don't find a use yet for the touch pad that takes up a 1/3 of my controller on ps4. To say we have a winner yet I don't see it. They need to make more and better exclusive games. Why Sony didn't get naughty dog to put out a version of Last of us on launch I don't know. I still play BF4 mostly and that shits glitchy as hell.
Trey too fuckin' funny, xbone, that is some funny shiyte! Guess that's what brothas would've named it. LOL

AAA is that the true retort to NBA? AA anonymous (don't tell no body). Laughing my arsh off
Trey too fuckin' funny, xbone, that is some funny shiyte! Guess that's what brothas would've named it. LOL Originally Posted by Yohi Mbe
:facepalm:

XBone is the generally accepted term for it. It has nothing to do with "brothas."
Well they didn't get thee memo...http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...n-xbox-revenue Originally Posted by Yohi Mbe
Huh? Wtf does that old ass article have to do with the term "xbone" or the XBOX One? That shit was written before they even announced the launch. Smh

Please try to keep up.
I'm a gamer to when I do have the time. I have an NES all the way up to ps4 and xbone. I was what they call an Xbox guy up until this current generation. I lean more towards the ps4 nowadays. The games will come for it. (Naughty dog). I just recently got titanfall and infamous 2nd son. I wasn't to impressed with titanfall it gets very tedious quickly. I own multiple copies of some games for both ex: COD ghost, BF4, and I found the ps4 games to look a lot better. I compared them. But it comes down to preference. The xbone controllers battery last longer, the xbone doesn't extract much if any heat. Etc....
  • Trey
  • 04-12-2014, 09:03 PM
How do you like infamous? I've got it in my game Q. I just saw on gamefly they posted last of us to hit at the very end of the year in a remastered edition on ps4.
I enjoy Titanfall. I like the added abilities like wall run and leaping all over the place. I, too, am curious about Infamous... Part 2 was one of my favorite PS3 games. That may be my first PS4 game. Not sure about a remastered Last of Us. It sounds like they're trying to get me to buy the same game twice. I want a new one!
Speaking of Atari, I used to play the shit out of these two games below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhXMYw1lXY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIH3qE7jUUs Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I just looked at the YouTube links you attached. Muthafuckin Pitfall was the shit!
How do you like infamous? I've got it in my game Q. I just saw on gamefly they posted last of us to hit at the very end of the year in a remastered edition on ps4. Originally Posted by Trey
Infamous is cool. The thing is I have the other two and haven't finished them. If you enjoyed the last two you can't go wrong with the new one. Its more refined with better graphics... I've been playing a lot of 2k14 on ps4 and castlevania lords of shadow 2 here lately...
I prefer the ps4. I don't have a need for one but will get one once uncharted 4 and Arkham knights arrive. Lack of media server capabilities does suck right now, but it coming in a firmware update.
Huh? Wtf does that old ass article have to do with the term "xbone" or the XBOX One? That shit was written before they even announced the launch. Smh

Please try to keep up. Originally Posted by Zane D. Grayson
Pipe it down xbone-head. We're talking video games. My point was that the Xbox One strategy is the same old shiyte. Olde article, new article...SOS. They tease their following and upsell like hell.

Just thought it should've been obvious...I like PS4 (advanced and more of an aggregate offering).

I did think this was a very cleverly disguised NBA discussion thread at first. My apologies for the "brothas" comments. SMH
  • Trey
  • 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't know how you can talk about what should of been obvious when you get a video game thread confused with an nba thread. I don't know how you even came up with that?

I have not seen anything on them putting out Drake 4 (UC4) but I would like to see a new story line from naughty dog think I saw something about them working on a pirate game, I think that would be cool.

I also want a GTA for the next gen systems. I think it would be cool to base it in the Caribbean islands. You could fly and sail to the differnt islands. Make for some great opportunities for differnt story lines.