Can I beat the Lie Detector ?

Remember the bio-feedback craze? Becoming aware of various physiological functions and learning to control them? Useful in managing anxiety and certain health conditions, and someone who practiced that could beat a lie detector test.

But sorry, lad, if she's asking you to take one, it's too late; your relationship is kaput anyway.
There was this Scientific book published years ago"Tremor in the Blood" by a University of Minnesota professor (? Dr Lykkens?)

Anyway the only true way for a lie detector to work is to accuse someone of TWO crimes a REAL one and an IMAGINARY one
An innocent person would give similar responses to both crimes
Otherwise a lie detector is about 50% accurate (coin toss ha ha ha)

TO 'beat' this thing ,one has to understand the 'science' behind 'lie detecting' and the different types of questions that will be asked.

While the book does NOT give a step by step way to beat the machines ,understanding the science behind it will enable someone to fool the machine.
Hints thumbtack in shoe and Zoloft
Yes I still have the book somewhere as I thought I may have to face that thing in the future somehow.

OK the posters ahead of me have good ideas BUT you MUST understand the significance of the types of questions that you will be asked
Precisely here is the book "A TREMOR IN THE BLOOD" Uses and Abuses of the Lie Detector By Dr. David Thoreson Lykken ISBN 0-07-039210-2 [just type 0070392102 into Google and you will see there are used books for sale] ~300 pages written in plain English Actually the whole thing[Lie Detectors that is] is quakery QUAK QUAK QUAK
When I lived in Atlanta, I danced at Cheetah, a strip club, and became friendly with the manager. Sometimes I would work the front door, collecting money, sometimes by myself. He decided to use a lie detector on some emplyees and asked for a volunteer to be first. Even though I wasn't on the schedule to be tested, I volunteered so as to to show my loyalty to the club. I had never taked a single dollar while on the front door, even though I could have, so I thought I'd certainly pass with flying colors. Nope, the test showed I "lied". He had to fire me and it's always left me with a bad taste in my mouth concerning those machines.
When I lived in Atlanta, I danced at Cheetah, a strip club, and became friendly with the manager. Sometimes I would work the front door, collecting money, sometimes by myself. He decided to use a lie detector on some emplyees and asked for a volunteer to be first. Even though I wasn't on the schedule to be tested, I volunteered so as to to show my loyalty to the club. I had never taked a single dollar while on the front door, even though I could have, so I thought I'd certainly pass with flying colors. Nope, the test showed I "lied". He had to fire me and it's always left me with a bad taste in my mouth concerning those machines. Originally Posted by Sweet Heather
"I had never taken" is better english!
My SO has her been searching for a way to catch me for years. Now she has found an ex FBI man that has a FULL PROOF LIE DETECTOR..... Oh SHIT....

HELP ???????? Originally Posted by Rider-Tom
I think you meant FOOL PROOF but the short answer is no, they don't exist. If lie decectors were fool proof, they would be admissible in court. So I suspect someone is lying - either your SO or the ex-FBI man. Maybe they're in it together conspiring against you!

RM
I'd dump her ass too, but first I would take the test just for kicks. If I passed I'd say "There, I took your damn test. By the way, don't ever fucking call me again!". And if I failed it, nothing lost because I was already through with her ass anyway. Originally Posted by LeftySmith

Except the Divorce may get cost your much more $$$$$$$$$$ if you fail
This might sound stupid but....pucker your asshole on all the true questions it really works
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Heather
When I lived in Atlanta, I danced at Cheetah, a strip club, and became friendly with the manager. Sometimes I would work the front door, collecting money, sometimes by myself. He decided to use a lie detector on some emplyees and asked for a volunteer to be first. Even though I wasn't on the schedule to be tested, I volunteered so as to to show my loyalty to the club. I had never taked a single dollar while on the front door, even though I could have, so I thought I'd certainly pass with flying colors. Nope, the test showed I "lied". He had to fire me and it's always left me with a bad taste in my mouth concerning those machines.

"I had never taken" is better english!

Ahem: "I had never taken" is better English! is better English.
You traded her typo for your failure to capitalize and we'll forgive her first.
When being anal, please be accurate.
If that's gotten to that point I recommend two options.

1. Leave

2. Tell her to leave
Consider Steve67's point. If the relationship is as you describe, it is only a matter of time. I assume you are still there because splitting up would be too painful (financial, security, children, etc) to go through.

If you take, and fail the test, you will have given away the only leverage you had, the chance that she might be wrong. While the the tests are not admissible in criminal court, you will be in family court. Anything and everything comes into that court. To protect any position for fair separation of estate, do not give them a new tool to beat you with.

Tell her she is calling an end to the relationship by demanding the test, you are tired of living on the defensive, and work for a reasonable split of the assets and liabilities. Hand her the card of your attorney, and tell her one divorce attorney trumps three FBI retirees. If she truly has an ex-FBI agent, they won't stop there if you refuse the test. You will have to worry about computer hacking, gps tracking your movements, cell phone cloning, etc.

As stated not so delicately before, you are on the board for a reason. You've got one foot out the door already. Don't lose the other foot before you get it out too.
i read to stick a thub tack under your toe...and poke yourself when you are telling the truth...and dont when you lie.
My SO has her been searching for a way to catch me for years. Now she has found an ex FBI man that has a FULL PROOF LIE DETECTOR..... Oh SHIT......... Originally Posted by Rider-Tom
Yes, the trust is indeed gone and the OP's very presence on this board might have something to do with it. Yeah, dump her sorry ass, fuck her for not being down with bullshit and lies... Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko

Tom...Unfortunately, not so long ago, I was married to a guy just like you. Now I play profitably with guys just like you. How ironic. And profitable.

Can I have her number? I'll get her in some sexy lingerie and put her to work.

I guarantee she'll be done with you...And a lot happier than she is now.
Tom...Unfortunately, not so long ago, I was married to a guy just like you. Now I play profitably with guys just like you. How ironic. And profitable.

Can I have her number? I'll get her in some sexy lingerie and put her to work.

I guarantee she'll be done with you...And a lot happier than she is now. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll

OMG................. Babe if she looked like you, I would be all for it. I was never afraid til now. Thanks for the thoughts..............OMG

Just tell her that she is paranoid because she has a guilty conscience from her own cheating. You should demand she take a polygraph first. She might fail it and you will have the upper edge. Make her feel that cheating can include just thinking of other men that way she will almost certainly fail it even if she hasnt actually cheated. If she has never even thought of other men and never cheated, she is very boring so divorce her after you take your polygraph while on benzos so you can show her she lost a very wonderful honest husband.