Weather

To my Houston neighbors yall be safe down there.
Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.. This will be my 1st hurricane in my life, hopefully I planned well..
No problem my melanin sista. God is in control
The predictions for precipitation are dire; Hurricane Harvey stalling between the coast and San Antonio dragging moisture in from the Gulf, 30+ inches of rain in our area from tonight through Thursday, possibly a second landfall near the Bayou City if the storm backtracks to the sea and restrengthens before moving east toward Houston/Galveston. May get some pop-up tornadoes.

I just got back last night from my "Total Eclipse of the Heartland" trip to Kansas City, MO, where they had torrential rains and flooding earlier this week, and now this? Ye Gods. Hope the weather fortunetellers are wrong, but I laid in ample supplies this morning and expect to be stuck behind the rising creek covering my only access road to/from the Irish Chihuahua Refuge in the deep, dark, spooky woods for DAYS. (Hurricane puppy party!)

Irish luck to all for staying safe and above water. Survival tip: Double wrap and blow up condoms as emergency flotation devices, especially those super-thick Magnums and Trojans.
TFF^^^
I was about to start a similar topic in the sandbox.

Y'all be careful. In Dallas, they're announcing shelters available for those who need it.

Best of luck these next few days.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
The predictions for precipitation are dire; Hurricane Harvey stalling between the coast and San Antonio dragging moisture in from the Gulf, 30+ inches of rain in our area from tonight through Thursday, possibly a second landfall near the Bayou City if the storm backtracks to the sea and restrengthens before moving east toward Houston/Galveston. May get some pop-up tornadoes.

Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Sounds like a "probably" hitting Galveston on its way to NO, after it sits around for a day or so in the Corpus area pumping dirty side buckets of rain, spawning tornadoes, and pushing surges into the bayous in the area slowing down drainage.

Do you attach those blowups to your upper arms .. duct tape?
I was about to start a similar topic in the sandbox.

Y'all be careful. In Dallas, they're announcing shelters available for those who need it.

Best of luck these next few days.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

Fuck Dallas, they will not even shelter the locals ...
... Do you attach those blowups to your upper arms .. duct tape? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Duct tape is too depilatory! I'm just going to tie "condomloons" together with shoelaces and around each chihuahua as Rubber Fuckie water wings, then attach a bunch (call it a "cluster fuck") to my favorite lawn chair and float off like an inebriated clown at the water circus. Wave as we pass by.

Speaking of condoms and ducks, just found these, appropriate for the weather and the wicked:

TY for your concern. We are all stocked up here, gonna ride it out. Its very puzzling how im still getting appt requests at this time. Lol.
Maybe if Houston gets lucky and gets a lot of rain the remaining Katrina refugees will go back to New Orleans.

Duct tape is too depilatory! I'm just going to tie "condomloons" together with shoelaces and around each chihuahua as Rubber Fuckie water wings, then attach a bunch (call it a "cluster fuck") to my favorite lawn chair and float off like an inebriated clown at the water circus. Wave as we pass by.

Speaking of condoms and ducks, just found these, appropriate for the weather and the wicked:

Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Well fuck a duck. How bout them apples.... Duckie gets the spot.
Woohoo Fancy.. I love rubber duckies!

Well damn my luck...now Im thinking I should postpone my Houston tour...The weather could possibly screw my tour there...yikes!
What kind of butter you use on that duck?
Be safe out there folks!

If you're in an area that's in a flood zone, make sure you put all important documents (photo albums, important papers, insurance/tax documents) into a ziplock bag/trash bag.

I had family members that were affected by the floods when Katrina happened and we lost a whole lot of family photos and such.