Sub-amps on the radar?

I saw the news and the thread about DPD raiding a Dallas AMP and that there may be some sub-amps connected to to all this, maybe even Tarrant county locations.

I am semi retired from the hobby but have recently decided to try sub-amps a couple of times. I have only gone to L1 and probably overpaid but I am now comfortable with the lady. I did not think this activity was worth a review.

On one thread someone said the "Lady with the tattoo" that was busted was connected to some Tarrant county sub-amps.

Would I be out of line to ask if anyone here knows which places may be too hot to visit right now, due to them being on the radar?

I wanted to venture to a different sub-amp for more than L1, but not if I might end up getting dragged out of there and shoved in the backseat of a LEO sedan.

Thanks in advance brothers.
I have a similar question - is there a place to find sub amp reviews in the Dallas forum? Sometimes a good massage with a little extra does the trick.
Yes you would be out of line
When I go to a licensed massage parlor in one of the suburbs I get a massage.

It is my understanding that my activity is legal.

They occasionally have women customers as well.

Where am I wrong in this notion?
I have a similar question - is there a place to find sub amp reviews in the Dallas forum? Sometimes a good massage with a little extra does the trick. Originally Posted by Jazzer
There are reviews on this thread, a lot of times they are noted as sub-amp.

There also AMP Reviews, and Rub Maps.
Would I be out of line to ask if anyone here knows which places may be too hot to visit right now, due to them being on the radar? Originally Posted by Lumpy Rutherford
When I go to a licensed massage parlor in one of the suburbs I get a massage.

It is my understanding that my activity is legal.

Where am I wrong in this notion? Originally Posted by friendly fred
you are not wrong, and to Lumpy's question, I read about a small neighborhood group in Hurst, that was attempting to get that place on HWY 10 shuttered. this was a good 9-10 months ago. my guess is they assumed all kinds of ugly things went on, and thought they could organize to close the business.. it is still around. the whole thinking around Spas is curious.. people I know, who have never been to a Spa, assume there is trafficking and hardcore sex going on, at spots where guys report L0! yet even as they assume the ridiculous, they think "oh, all the spas are like this, it is all tolerated". this is how absurd the mindset is. the Media has spun the narrative so much, that rationality and credulity was abandoned long ago.
+1 Chung.

One of our members reported, some time ago, how his neighborhood association was surveiling a Richardson foot spa.

About a year ago, one of the anti-trafficking crusader groups took the spa location database from RM and over laid it on a map with schools, so people could see that their kids were within feet of these dens of ill-repute. Of course, many of them were legit (L0) establishments. But, that doesn't fit the narrative. The assumption was made that all massage places, especially Asian, were centers of human trafficking.

I, too, have heard many times, "You go to those places?" What? A massage spa? Hell, yeah! And, the SO goes too!

There is no presumption of innocence with the crusaders. And, these fine citizens and businesses are dogging city officials to drive them out. But, the revenue is hard to refute. So, cities will leave them alone, until a development venture or politics pushes for closure.
one of the anti-trafficking crusader groups took the spa location database from RM and over laid it on a map with schools, so people could see that their kids were within feet of these dens of ill-repute. Of course, many of them were legit (L0) establishments. But, that doesn't fit the narrative. The assumption was made that all massage places, especially Asian, were centers of human trafficking. Originally Posted by Billogoods
oh yes! absurdity compounded!

and don't forget the big poster of the scared-looking Asian girl, that is plastered at Airport baggage claim areas, AND Hospitals, as I learned while listening to the Mark Davis radio show this morning.. Davis recounted his hospital visit yesterday, even he mused on the absurdity of that poster, concluding with "it's a different world".. and remember that Texas made it mandatory for Nail Salons to post about trafficking initiatives on their windows, the not-so-subtle whisper being that your Nail Tech may be there held against her will. these Lunatics are after Federal Dollars, that is the only thing I can conclude about this madness.
Spas & nail salons. No racial profiling here. Forget the stats showing over 50% of trafficking victims are Caucasian and over 55% of arrests/rescues are made in hotels.
The benefits of massage are well known and can be a part of a healthy lifestyle.

That being said why does anyone care if I develop a consensual relationship with a massage provider and pay for extra services when no one is forced to participate or is injured? The velocity theory of money posits that more economic transactions enhance the general economy and create conditions in which all the citizens prosper.

I'm in favor of prosperity!
Don't forget to remove from your equation the sums of money being sent back to China, and the lack of income taxes paid by these providers.
Don't forget to remove from your equation the sums of money being sent back to China, and the lack of income taxes paid by these providers. Originally Posted by junebug
I am troubled by those two points - I hate tax cheats.