A NEW HOBBY TERM?

So we call a gent that overdoses on chivalry to the point of being an ass when it comes to inserting himself in between a provider and another hobbyist a WHITE KNIGHT.

What would we call the female version of this type of person?

Perhaps a JOAN OF ARC?

Acronym: JOA
Slang Usage: "Don't worry about her, she's just being a Joan."
There has never been a provider charitable enough to defend a hobbyist that I am aware of.

I think the term you are looking for is simply an illusion or just a figment of your imagination!

No you nit, a provider that defends another provider.

As in this thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=45167
With all due repsect, Anonone, I read your initial post in the same way as Fast Gun.

Be that as it may, JoA fits as well any thing I can think of, but do we really need a term for this?
a provider that defends another provider. Originally Posted by ANONONE
IMHO, such a term would be a waste of time. All providers defend other providers, without question.
  • bbkid
  • 05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
All providers defend other providers, without question. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Kinda like male hobbiests do one another???
Kinda like male hobbiests do one another??? Originally Posted by bbkid
I've never "done" another hobbyist and don't intend to...

Just sayin'

H
IMHO, such a term would be a waste of time. All providers defend other providers, without question. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Kinda like male hobbiests do one another??? Originally Posted by bbkid
Get crossways with one provider on this board and see what happens. It's like you're a plane flying peacefully through the air, and all the providers let loose their SAMs.

And, as a matter of fact, I don't think hobbyists blindly defend other hobbyists.
Get crossways with one provider on this board and see what happens. It's like you're a plane flying peacefully through the air, and all the providers let loose their SAMs. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Sometimes you get a couple that are in your corner.
Sometimes you get a couple that are in your corner. Originally Posted by Ansley
TY, TYVM.
I dont like the whole idea of the Joan Term.
This is different than just mere solidarity.

There is nothing wrong with providers looking out for providers and gents supporting other hobbyist, but that is not what we are talking about here. We are talking about the obsessive and intrusive form that becomes extremely unhealthy:

". . .overdoses on chivalry to the point of being an ass. . ."
Originally Posted by ANONONE
Read that thread, and then tell me there is no need for such a term.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=45167

Everyone expects there to be some partisanship when it comes to topics on this board--nothing wrong with it--this is a whole other animal. Gents typically police their own, hence the application of the term White Knight. I guess i am curious if the ladies have a similar perspective--they support each other to a point, until they see a clear indication they are dealing with someone with a bizarre agenda.
Right is right, and wrong is wrong. In this case, I don't know wbat made her feel like she had to comment on her friend's review. unless she was there, she has no idea what happened BCD, as this can vary vastly from person to person.

We may polarize here, but that be expected. No one will see your point of view like someone of the same sex. Yes we defend each other because sometimes you need someone on your side, but We stick up for you guys all the time too.

Actually, I think Joan of Arc is very fitting for certain situations I've seen here. Sometimes it's best to let people fight their own battles, friend or not.
Dbl post
There has never been a provider charitable enough to defend a hobbyist that I am aware of.

I think the term you are looking for is simply an illusion or just a figment of your imagination!

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
So not true.... read more...