The Cost Of A Keystroke

Hmmmm. . .

Looks like the FLASH CRASH Thursday was just do to inexperience and a typo. Apparently a fairly normal trade was to be executed and a new young clerk was trusted to type the order in and apparently he was supposed to sell a few million, rather than a few billion shares of P&G stock.

That's right, two keys over--his finger slips and boom we experience economic free-fall.

Typing teachers everywhere are gloating.

So what is the worst typo you have ever seen in the hobby?
So what is the worst typo you have ever seen in the hobby? Originally Posted by ANONONE
The one I made about two months ago when I thought I clicked the X in the top right corner but had just minimized my hobby-mail instead. That was the weekend my wife's computer crashed and she had to use mine to check her e-mail. OOPS! Two+ years of secret hobbying is a secret no more. Not quite a typo but definitely the worst keyboard error I've done.

Here's the funny thing though. I think she lurks on these boards more than I do now. She is fascinated by the whole thing and has actually told me she "gets" why I did it and "appreciates the ladies who saved our marriage" and kept me happy when she wasn't there for me. Better yet, she wants to be my "hobby" now and our marriage has never been better! She even mentioned asking one of "my girls" over to join us for my birthday!! I never knew she had it in her, but the more she learns about what I've been up to these past few years, the hornier and more open to things she seems to get. I'm in heaven..lol. So I guess it's the worst and the best typo I ever made at the same time.

BTW, the wife really wants to join in on these discussions but she doesn't know if she is allowed to register her own screen name or if she will be shunned as an SO and not a hobbyist or a provider. Any thoughts on that? I told her if she was up front that it would probably be ok but I thought I'd put it out there. I know most of you don't know me because I've quietly lurked the past few months, but a few here should know who I am from other boards and such.
. . .but the more she learns about what I've been up to these past few years, the hornier and more open to things she seems to get. . . Originally Posted by JT93Drew
I will spare you the obvious rude and juvenile responses like is she interested in becoming a my new UTR/ATF. . .

It does sound like somebody would be a fun addition to a social after-party, if we had socials here. I would contact St. Christopher and his staff directly for help in this area about whether she can register as a member and how she should conduct herself. John Bull is the moderator for the region you live in, JT.
She would just ask me what UTR/ATF was and then ask me if I minded. LOL She can take the rude and juvenile as long as it's in good fun I'm sure. Thanks for the tip. I'll talk with her tonight and see if she wants me to contact them for her.
See below.

The one I made about two months ago when I thought I clicked the X in the top right corner but had just minimized my hobby-mail instead. That was the weekend my wife's computer crashed and she had to use mine to check her e-mail. OOPS! Two+ years of secret hobbying is a secret no more. Not quite a typo but definitely the worst keyboard error I've done.

Here's the funny thing though. I think she lurks on these boards more than I do now. She is fascinated by the whole thing and has actually told me she "gets" why I did it and "appreciates the ladies who saved our marriage" and kept me happy when she wasn't there for me. Better yet, she wants to be my "hobby" now and our marriage has never been better! She even mentioned asking one of "my girls" over to join us for my birthday!! I'd lock the triggers on all guns and keep the keys myself. Hell, I might just melt them down. This could be a disastrous path you're on. I never knew she had it in her, but the more she learns about what I've been up to these past few years, the hornier and more open to things she seems to get. I'm in heaven..lol. So I guess it's the worst and the best typo I ever made at the same time.

BTW, the wife really wants to join in on these discussions but she doesn't know if she is allowed to register her own screen name or if she will be shunned as an SO and not a hobbyist or a provider. Check w/ St Chris, but my guess is that if a reporter and LE can make it in, so can an SO. Any thoughts on that? I told her if she was up front that it would probably be ok but I thought I'd put it out there. I know most of you don't know me because I've quietly lurked the past few months, but a few here should know who I am from other boards and such. Originally Posted by JT93Drew
She would just ask me what UTR/ATF was and then ask me if I minded. LOL Originally Posted by JT93Drew
Well in that case. . .LOL. . .please drop me a line when her Showcase is up and running on ECCIE.
BTW, the wife really wants to join in on these discussions but she doesn't know if she is allowed to register her own screen name or if she will be shunned as an SO and not a hobbyist or a provider. Any thoughts on that? I told her if she was up front that it would probably be ok but I thought I'd put it out there. Originally Posted by JT93Drew
I'm in no position of authority, but I think it would be great to have someone with that perspective join the board. And, it would be great insurance for you if you and she were to get divorced some time. Great proof that she condoned your hobbying.
Hmmmm. . .

Looks like the FLASH CRASH Thursday was just do to inexperience and a typo. Apparently a fairly normal trade was to be executed and a new young clerk was trusted to type the order in and apparently he was supposed to sell a few million, rather than a few billion shares of P&G stock.

That's right, two keys over--his finger slips and boom we experience economic free-fall.

Typing teachers everywhere are gloating.

So what is the worst typo you have ever seen in the hobby? Originally Posted by ANONONE
Um I think you meant a few billion worth of stock...not a few billion shares...but don't let the facts get in your way when when starting a thread about the cost of a keystroke.....
Well, ALT, all I can say is that was the lead in for the local news here in Cincy where P&G is headquartered. The anchor claims it was a mistake of typing a "B" instead of an "M" on the order.

Of course, you probably know more than them as well so why I am even bothering to explain this to the great omniscient one from Atlanta I have no idea.
Hi, this is Drew's wife here. Thanks for your replies to his post, although I didn't know he was doing it and he maybe said too much..LOL. I'm glad he did and we will be pm'ing the boss this weekend - that was good advice.

To CharlesTudor: re:"I'd lock the triggers on all guns and keep the keys myself. Hell, I might just melt them down. This could be a disastrous path you're on." Unfortunately in many cases like this you are probably 100% on the mark as most wives I know would have considered something along these lines and more. Fortunately I'm not one of those wives. Of course I was pissed off and hurt, but after considering why he started doing it, and taking the responsibility for my part of the why, I can't totally blame him and am able to work together with Drew to make our marriage work from this point forward. We can't change the past, only use it to make our future better.

To Tex: re: "I think it would be great to have someone with that perspective join the board. And, it would be great insurance for you if you and she were to get divorced some time. Great proof that she condoned your hobbying." Thank you, and yes, great insurance for me because I've taken the time to learn all I can and forgiven him because of it. But no, I don't condone future hobbying as long as I can do the job at home for him.. for free. LOL If for some reason I was unable or unwilling to do that, then yes, I would certainly want him to be satisfied sexually and I would want him to use someone as discreet and professional as the ladies on this and other sites seem to be - as long as he is honest with me about it. As for divorce? See Charles' post.. ;D

To Anonone: re: "please drop me a line when her Showcase is up and running on ECCIE." That was sweet, thank you!! But don't waste any time looking for a showcase from me! I could not come close to comparing to the beautiful ladies here. I would probably lose money in this profession giving refunds... LOL. But it is fun to "be all that I can be" for Drew, and only Drew.

That said, I would love to be able to join the conversations here with my own screenname and not be seen as a threat, because I am not one I can assure you.

On topic.. The reports that I have seen on the national news yesterday will only say that it "may have been" a typo but that nobody is confirming. I don't know much about financial matters, Drew does all the investing around here, but it seems to me that Wall Street should have some sort of safeguards in place for just such a faux pas, like an OOPS button that they have say 30 minutes to hit if they entered a number incorrectly.
JT93Drew-
Just sent you a Private Message!
Well, ALT, all I can say is that was the lead in for the local news here in Cincy where P&G is headquartered. The anchor claims it was a mistake of typing a "B" instead of an "M" on the order.

Of course, you probably know more than them as well so why I am even bothering to explain this to the great omniscient one from Atlanta I have no idea. Originally Posted by ANONONE

I'm sure it was the lead there...

but it was 15B in dollars not shares...

in case ya want to do the reality check...P&G only has 2.88 B shares outstanding...

& yes disagree...I'll suggest I do know them (and probably most of the rest of the NYSE listed firms) better than you...

but then like anything on eccie.net, why let the facts get in the way of the idiots....
I will be the second person to stray from the exact definition of a "typographical error" here and say that the worst typo was this: A man contacted me with many compliments seemingly catered to me and me alone, but he forgot replace the previous provider's name when he copied and pasted.
China Doll
I hope that was not me
Why, did you do that, OSD?