Remember when...

Doctor: I'm a pretty good doctor but I'm not good enough to help you on this. You need a better doctor than me.

Patient gets a new doctor and recovers.

Soldier: I'm good, damn but I'm good. This though...I can't see how it can be done. It's just impossible to do it with what we got.

Resistant leader finds a new soldier to command his troops and overthrows the evil king.

Engineer: I'm not your man. I've never seen anything like this and I don't know where to begin.

Company owner finds a new engineer the job is successfully completed.

Project manager: It can't be done. I'll say it again, it can't be done...at least not by me. It's impossible.

President finds someone who can get it done and the problem is solved.

These are all examples of what used to be in this country. Today we have an energy secretary (Jennifer Granholm) failing to predict $5.00 a gallon gasoline. Instead, she told us that releasing fuel from the strategic reserve would reduce gas prices.

We have a treasury secretary (Janet Yellen) who admits that she made a mistake when she said that inflation was not happening, then she it would be mild and transitory, then it would just be transitory, and finally she admits that she doesn't know how to fix it. the cherry is that she claims she could not have predicted it despite all the correct predictions on the internet.

We have a transportation secretary (Pete Bootypig) who is not even on the job when the shit hits the fan and now, he says that he cannot control events and it is a good sign of things to come.

We have a speaker of the house (Nancy Pelosi) who when given the authority to call in the national guard, refuses to do so. Then she claims that our very democracy (constitutional republic) is in danger but it's not her fault for falling to do the minimum. She throws up her hands and shrugs her narrow shoulders

We have a president who says that he is powerless to do anything about all of the above when he has the power to fire and replace all but Pelosi. When will we see real leadership before the country has to take matters into our own hands?
When will we see real leadership before the country has to take matters into our own hands? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Spoiler Alert: Never.
There is a dearth of Leadership, no doubt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSC7pPzMRs

You're recounting the present. Fantasizing about the past. What the fuck is this? Remember what?

Pontificate man.
Okay, I'll dumb it down for you.

If Biden did not want things like this to happen, he would fire those that he appointed to fix them. He would get someone who would and could do the job. Just like FDR, Patton, and Reagan. Men known for getting things done after those in place were not up to the job.

At this point in time, Biden is responsible for everything that is wrong.
I'm not certain Biden is truly in charge of hiring and firing. His Office is, but is he? Really? Doubtful.
I'm not certain Biden is truly in charge of hiring and firing. His Office is, but is he? Really? Doubtful. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
... Crikey! ... ... Now you're surely hurting
me feelings, mate.

Biden's NOT in-charge??! ... Then who is?

When Trump was on - you thought Putin was in-charge.

Now, with Biden - maybe it's China --- or the PGA. ...

#### Salty
... Crikey! ... ... Now you're surely hurting
me feelings, mate.

Biden's NOT in-charge??! ... Then who is?

When Trump was on - you thought Putin was in-charge.

Now, with Biden - maybe it's China --- or the PGA. ...

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Why the continuous bulllshit? I didn't think Putin was in charge. China and the PGA? You are a Silly Fool. Why bother?
I'm not certain Biden is truly in charge of hiring and firing. His Office is, but is he? Really? Doubtful. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
You voted for this shit show... what does it matter to you who's really in charge?
You voted for this shit show... what does it matter to you who's really in charge? Originally Posted by texassapper
How many dumb questions you still got?
How many dumb questions you still got? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
If they're so dumb, why are you unable to answer them?
If you’re so smart, JL, why do you continue to promote the Big Lie?
If they're so dumb, why are you unable to answer them? Originally Posted by texassapper
I can. But you don't deserve the dignity of a response. Because you don't really want one. You are looking for a fight.
  • WTF
  • 06-11-2022, 02:54 PM
It is just a business cycle coupled with a world wide shutdown caught between a war and the shuffling of superpower alliances.

No biggie...
Okay, I'll dumb it down for you.

If Biden did not want things like this to happen, he would fire those that he appointed to fix them. He would get someone who would and could do the job. Just like FDR, Patton, and Reagan. Men known for getting things done after those in place were not up to the job.

At this point in time, Biden is responsible for everything that is wrong. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Pontificate on that. Your thread title is a joke.

I thought of this thread and you when I read the following: (if only you had the intellectual capacity or verbal cunning). I do recognize your attempt at caustic replies though.

Dorothy Parker
1893–1967

https://poets.org/poet/dorothy-parker

In 1919, Parker became a founding member of the Algonquin Round Table, an informal gathering of writers who lunched at the Algonquin Hotel in Midtown Manhattan. The “Vicious Circle” included Robert Benchley, Harpo Marx, George S. Kaufman, and Edna Ferber, and was known for its scathing wit and intellectual commentary. In 1922, Parker published her first short story, “Such a Pretty Little Picture,” for Smart Set.