What kind of heat do you pack?

• grean
  • 03-01-2018, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Glock and Sig are good guns. I have a Sig P229 in 40 cal. and a Ruger LC9. The Sig is very accurate more so than Glock in my opinion. The slide spring on Sig is helical where as the slide spring on Glock is single stranded less ejection malfunctions.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I'm asking this seriously and not trying to make a crack.

Why not go to a 45 if you were considering 40?
9mm is good cheap ammo and with a 17 round clip you can make a lot of holes. Just make sure you always double tap; with kill shots and if not empty the mag so they don't take it away from you and kill you with what is left.

Kimber CDPll .45 nice and comp;act with plenty of kill power loaded with HP
But at close range, most anything with kill shots will work; I am talking from the car seat to the window.

Al most all of my guns are fun guns. I have them for fun. I have no intention of killing anybody at any time. I have a lot of fun unloading a clip from my AR at some targets or melons. It is a kick and a half. Probably one of the most fun guns to shoot there is.
I'm asking this seriously and not trying to make a crack.

Why not go to a 45 if you were considering 40? Originally Posted by grean
I guess I've never considered a 45 cal. Most of my Firearm training and experiences have been with 40S&W and 9mm. Besides Sigs are typically heavy firearms. I would say although they are excellent firearms they are not the most comfortable concealed carry firearms so 45 makes them that much heavier. When and if I do carry, I carry the 40 in the winter months easier to conceal with winter clothing and in the summer months, I resort to the Ruger LC9.

Jim
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/13/new-hudson-h9-pistol-released/

Just got an H-9. Awesome!!!
I've got around 40 guns and 5000 rounds of ammo. 5 are the AR style!!!
2 class III bullet hoses.

Suck that lefties. LOL
22 magnum on person, 24 x 7- have used twice

380 in office- never used

Multiple shotguns and rifles at home-never used
I guess I've never considered a 45 cal. Most of my Firearm training and experiences have been with 40S&W and 9mm. Besides Sigs are typically heavy firearms. I would say although they are excellent firearms they are not the most comfortable concealed carry firearms so 45 makes them that much heavier. When and if I do carry, I carry the 40 in the winter months easier to conceal with winter clothing and in the summer months, I resort to the Ruger LC9.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
40 cal is the happy medium. I prefer 45 cal. I've seen too many situations on livelinks and bestgore.com where it takes 5 to 7 point blank 9 mm pellets to take down a perp/gorilla. 45 cal does it in one or two.

However, it's all about accuracy. Accuracy is all about the trigger!! The H-9 has about the best "out of the box" trigger I've ever pulled. Of course your gonna pay about $1200 for that privileged.
These threads are getting gayer and gayer....

Originally Posted by WTF
Hey WTF, you low I.Q. SUB. OP was not asking about your fantasy to pack his mud. But about the gun a MAN (huMAN) would carry.
. Of course your gonna pay about $1200 for that privileged. Originally Posted by Muscleup
I'd love to be that lucky i could toss 1200 just on a piece..
However, it's all about accuracy. Accuracy is all about the trigger!! The H-9 has about the best "out of the box" trigger I've ever pulled. Of course your gonna pay about $1200 for that privileged. Originally Posted by Muscleup
H-9?

Hudson?
why are some pistols expensive? limited production run?
H-9?

Hudson? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

Hudson is a new gun manufacturer. they have only one gun in their lineup.

https://www.hudsonmfg.com
why are some pistols expensive? limited production run? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Some of them are dam pricey. I bought my Sig in a pawn shop. I was trying to negotiate him down in price and he wouldn't budge. That gun looked like it had never been shot. I mean it looked pristine. So I gave him what was on the tag. After all was said and done it came out to 650.00, when I got home I got on Sig Sauer's web site, that gun was a little over 1100 bucks when it was new. It has night sights and a accessory rail and it came with a 14 round magazine. To think I was trying to give them 400.00, lol. It's a quality gun so I really can't complain.

Jim
Good choice. Just for grins check out the Zastava M70A and M88A.

Which is better? The mass of the .45 vs the speed of the 9mm? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

10 mm

Delta elite combat commander

45 is the muscle car

10mm is the sports car

9mm is ww2 nazi,s
10 mm

Delta elite combat commander

45 is the muscle car

10mm is the sports car

9mm is ww2 nazi,s Originally Posted by slickahhughs
9mm is volkswagen bug!