Visiting First Time in South Austin...Any Suggestions?

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope all is well on your end.
I usually visit in North Austin but I figured that I try a different area this trip. Any preference of a Mall close by?

Any cool bars?
I am around 5 miles west of the Airport so the closer the better.
In the meantime enjoy your day as best you can and wishing everyone
the very best.

Rachelina
Any preference of a Mall close by?
The closest mall to you is Southpark Meadows on I-35 at Slaughter Lane. It's laid out like a huge strip mall with all the usual suspects in a line -- Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. The only thing they don't have is a lingerie store, I just realized.

Any cool bars?
Nearer you, there are hotel bars up and down I-35, and they're up and down the money scale, with their restaurants. There are chain bars such as Texas Road House at Southpark Meadows. Farther from you, the areas of downtown, South Congress, and the east side are happening for bars.

How long are you in town?
You're quite welcome! I'm glad you are so appreciative of my answers that you also answered my question about how long you're in town. So gracious of you that I can tell you're also warm, responsive, and appreciative BCD.
Check out Rainey St
for groovy shopping, bars and restaurants check out south congress starting by continental club ( austin's premier rock and roll club) and walk south on the west side of the street. it is good people watching and safe area with cool stuff for several blocks. this is an independently owned area of business, very unique and cool stuff. another good bar down there is cboys on south congress. and a fun place to eat is Lucy's fried chicken and opal devines which are both very near oltorf.