Musings on Days Gone By....

Was returning home the other evening after helping a co-worker assemble a storage shed, and passed through a part of town I seldom visit. Not a bad part – just not on my route. Along the way I passed a small bar – a typical roadhouse – but one that jogged my memory from somewhere. But alas, I couldn’t reconcile the time/location. This feeling continued to nag at me for the next few miles – at which point I decided to circle back. Perhaps if I stopped for a beverage, I might remember.

The moment I entered the establishment – it all came flooding back.

This bar was the rendezvous point for an initial visit with a certain Dear Lady. We had met socially before – so the location worked well for both of us.

It was the evening of an AL-LSU football game. I got there a bit early and this Dear Lady was running a bit late. So I passed the time watching Al run all over LSU – all the while feeling a bit overdressed.

Then she arrived – with a grin a big as Texas saying “Boy, Have I Got Something to Show You!” Folks – for this old man, things don’t get off to any better start than this….ever.

Imagine my chagrin when the “Something” this Dear Lady was so excited to show me was……..her newly minted Concealed Carry License. Guess that’s one way to make certain a client stays in line – show up packing!!!

I figured we would catch a quick drink then adjourn to an alternate location. This Dear Lady had other ideas. Now I consider myself to be somewhat schooled in the world of Applied Vector Analysis: aka pool. I was intrigued when this Dear Lady challenged me to a game on the table.

I felt I was going to have to soften my game somewhat, otherwise I’d put a real damper on the rest of the evening. Well – that didn’t go quite as well either, as this Dear Lady proceeded to whip my ass ON the pool table and drink me UNDER the same damned table. Yep – it was the start to a very memorable evening!!!

If you’ve stayed we me this far, two questions have probably cropped up: 1) What’s the bar?; and 2) who’s the Dear Lady?

The establishment is the Relay Station and the Dear Lady is none other than the imitable Ms. Ginger.

Dear Lady, thanks for the memories (and the pool lesson!)

BTW: Do you still have my clothes?

B2
  • kman
  • 05-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Spent many a night in the Relay myself
Oh wow, B2! Your anecdote brought back some really great memories! It doesn't feel like that long ago, but it was. It's actually almost time to renew my CHL.

Your clothes... Ha! I think I may still have your underwear but PamelaToo confiscated the hat. She said she wanted to add it to her 'B2 collection.'

I had so much fun that night! We will definitely need to do it again when I'm back in central Arkansas. My pool skills are a little rusty, but I think I can still take you.

P.S. I'd like to add that I haven't shot anyone yet.
Take me? I'll take that challenge!!!

And I'm glad to hear you haven't shot anyone.......yet. There's still time for me to be a First on your list!!!

Thanks for your most kind comments...and the 411 on some of my clothes!
B2, you have certainly dredged up some memories from days gone by. We need to meet at one of those other watering holes where lots of good hobby times were made real soon and catch up.
I wish one of you old timers would send me a pm if you know where BD went. That was a fantastic trio - B2,BB, and BD. And Pamelatoo was a fantastic lady.
Ha! "B2, BB, BD and PamelaToo" - sounds like a classic musical! Cant' speak with certainty, but think we lost track of BD quite some time ago. There was a most unique character!

MrHappy - You are correct, Sir - and you're on. Will make contact soon. (Now where did I leave my walker........)

B2
B2, If memory serves me correctly, I think I had a hand in introducing you and Ms. Ginger.
LRL - Your memory serves correctly, Sir!
While I never did thank you appropriately for that intro, please accept my belated Thanks!!!

I owe you....again!!

B2
LRL - Your memory serves correctly, Sir!
While I never did thank you appropriately for that intro, please accept my belated Thanks!!!

I owe you....again!!

B2 Originally Posted by B2driver
The pleasure was all mine!
I wish one of you old timers would send me a pm if you know where BD went. That was a fantastic trio - B2,BB, and BD. And Pamelatoo was a fantastic lady. Originally Posted by Lonesome
I've had the pleasure of enjoying time with two of this legendary trip!