INDEPENDANTS? TRUE OR BS

I was watching the news last night and it was about craigs list/backpage sex advertising. What I found very interesting was that a detective stated that the word "independant" was a marketing technique. He stated %90 of all providers on those sites that use "independant" had pimps.
Hobbiests, does the fact of a woman having a pimp affect your decision to see her? Why?
Not a hobbiest but I use to have several Pimps.... lol
That's how I got where I am now...
MHO...
A real provider will never release that info to a client that was not cool with the situation. And you would be surprised how many clients work hand in hand with the pimps. They are on all the boards too.
If I was a hobbyist, I definitely wouldn't see a girl if she had a pimp! Too many things that could go wrong.....scheduling (overbooking), violence, and most of all, drama!
Ebony~
GIrl, it takes some real 'innards' for you to say you've had your share of 'Management' & I'd have to agree with you in retrospect that, not only are they on the board... they ALL are in communication with hobbyist..whether you think so or not!!
Speaking from experience.. ((my first couple months in the hobby-3yrs ago)) Some of the girls may need someone dealigating & keeping an eye out for them. Other's however, embrace what was learned & do what they came here to do..
Makin that paper Boo-Boo!!!
But, I got to where I'm at with the INITIAL aid of "Management"... But Today.. It's all me..

Ebony~
GIrl, it takes some real 'innards' for you to say you've had your share of 'Management' & I'd have to agree with you in retrospect that, not only are they on the board... they ALL are in communication with hobbyist..whether you think so or not!!
Speaking from experience.. ((my first couple months in the hobby-3yrs ago)) Some of the girls may need someone dealigating & keeping an eye out for them. Other's however, embrace what was learned & do what they came here to do..
Makin that paper Boo-Boo!!!
But, I got to where I'm at with the INITIAL aid of "Management"... But Today.. It's all me..
Originally Posted by Vixen DeVain
So what do you consider a pimp? In my mind, they have to take a cut of the money and be actively involved. Someone that helps a provider, whether it be through advice, referrals, reviews,etc, I don't consider pimping. The latter happens a lot I'm sure, the taking a percentage I'm not so sure. I may be wrong . I know several Indy providers personally and on more than just a client relationship and can say for sure they are independent . This should probably be a poll directed to the providers. Who knows how true and up front the replies would be. Maybe on Craigslist and Backpage the ratio is higher than on a site like ECCIE . All I can go by are the women I know personally, non of which are on Backpage or Craigslist. Does it really make any difference as long as everyone is happy?
I think those that have a "manager" in the background are deceiving themselves as well as the hobbyist.

I have huge issues with the girl's work money going to someone else, be it an overt pimp or the AMP or even an agency. The girls I see all claim to be indies, and if I discovered they did have a pimp/"manager" they'd be off my rotation, and exposed here, so there is an enormous pressure on the girls to keep their pimps hidden.
URAPNES: There's a recent thread about this in the Men's Lounge...the conclusion was inconclusive.

You have Premium Access why do you have to dredge up old subjects that have been cussed and discussed too many times on this and other boards?

FWOG
Wow. Really? I tend to assume that the ones that have pimps are the exception to the rule. It seems I may be wrong. Learn something new every day.
Well I will tell you this......I am 100% independent! Ain't nobody going to tell me where, when, or who with! And damn sure not going to give anybody one single dime! Oh wait, I lied........just gave my college kid his allowance for the month! LOL!
Well not only are we broke, but we got pimps to.....well damn. LMAO kidding

Some of us are independent. Its not hard to figure out, if the hobbyist has some good wits about himself. Its little things that stand out to let guys know we are independent. We don't need to say a word.
Wow. Really? I tend to assume that the ones that have pimps are the exception to the rule. It seems I may be wrong. Learn something new every day. Originally Posted by tracibrooks

Its often more complicated than that - many girls have "managers" who are pimps, but some are "exes" , SO (significant others), or boyfriends who control them and get a cut.

You would be surprised how many girls split their money with another person for an incall, services, or what ever.
Its often more complicated than that - many girls have "managers" who are pimps, but some are "exes" , SO (significant others), or boyfriends who control them and get a cut.
You would be surprised how many girls split their money with another person for an incall, services, or what ever. Originally Posted by Saturn
Well I will tell you this......I am 100% independent! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
...and you also know how to spell it.
Glad to know I'm not the only spelling cop on here!!!