Crane Collapse Downtown Dallas

A construction crane collapse during a storm Sunday afternoon in downtown Dallas. The crane hit an apartment complex on the east side of downtown. Yes I knew a provider that worked there.
Was there and saw the whole thing go down. Lots of people hurt and cars ruined
Terrible.

As much construction in the DFW area, I am surprised it is not more often.
Those things are built to withstand 140mph winds https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/us/da...pse/index.html
A 29 year old woman has died and a father of 3 has been seriously injured based on the news article I read earlier today. There were other people who were injured too. The woman who died was inside the apartment building from what I understand.

The crane manufacturer was apparently known for manufacturing low quality defective cranes and already had a previous lawsuit against him because of another one of his cranes.
My condolences and prayers goes out to the family of the 29 year old young woman who had her life tragically taken, to the injured father of 3 and to the other victims who were injured in this accident. My prayers also goes out to the residents who have lost their homes and are now forced to find new places to live.
Those things are built to withstand 140mph winds https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/us/da...pse/index.html Originally Posted by hangryhip
I’ve be4n involved in two crane collapse cases. Yes, they’re designed to withstand 100+ mile winds, but the have to be installed correctly. And there are very weak inspection procedures in most cities, especially in Texas, once they are set up. Cranes not being set up correctly is a not uncommon problem, particularly on low and mid rise projects where corners are all too often cut.
I know the wind was incredibly strong, i was on one of my wandering around dallas days and the storm set in fast. It is a shame that tragedy struck.
sad news indeed...
I hear all the residents need to move? Is that correct? Not just the ones whose units were directly hit by the crane?
I hear all the residents need to move? Is that correct? Not just the ones whose units were directly hit by the crane? Originally Posted by LuvHerMadlyEverytime
Yes the whole building in structurally deficient so bye byee
That's awful. I assume some units are not even safe to enter for those unlucky residents to retrieve their stuff. Bet most of them don't have renter insurance.
SHIT! It's 500 total residents and none of them are allowed to return to retrieve their belongings and many have cars buried in the collapsed multi floors parking garage. The complex is refunding their security deposit and June rent and giving them $100 a day spending money this week through Friday while those residents are looking for new places. That's not even enough to cover everything a person had in their apartments! Beds, furniture, clothes, kitchen stuff, electronics, all that cost money. New residences will require credit check fees, application fees, deposits, first and maybe even last month rent up front. Some residents lost more important things they cannot retrieve like passports and work documents and IDs and those cost money and time to replace.
SHIT! It's 500 total residents and none of them are allowed to return to retrieve their belongings and many have cars buried in the collapsed multi floors parking garage. The complex is refunding their security deposit and June rent and giving them $100 a day spending money this week through Friday while those residents are looking for new places. That's not even enough to cover everything a person had in their apartments! Beds, furniture, clothes, kitchen stuff, electronics, all that cost money. New residences will require credit check fees, application fees, deposits, first and maybe even last month rent up front. Some residents lost more important things they cannot retrieve like passports and work documents and IDs and those cost money and time to replace. Originally Posted by LuvHerMadlyEverytime

Its downtown dallas so i would say most people leaving there make a good living so starting somewhere new is not really a problem.
very sad they all have to leave , no cars no clothes just damn