SuperBowl, Prostitution sting =249

There was some speculation on the board about the probability, and availability of sting operations during the SuperBowl.. I just saw this headline, FYI
:http://www.statesman.com/news/nation...pdK3KFiwJ8t2O/
Efrail Velasquez, who had his 4-year-old child in the car when he tried to buy sex, according to HPD; Wayne Jones, a retired HPD Sergeant.
http://abc13.com/1742319/

HOLY CRAP
I would like to know the full stories. Was it heavy on the entrapment? Could some of these guys (maybe even the one with the 4 yr old) be just playing around? When I was younger, we would drive 10th and 11th Ave in Manhattan as a joke, checking out the streetwalkers. We never intended to actually do anything other than bullshit with them.
Houston has been plagued by violent crime since the '70s at least. I can never understand why the police waste their time and taxpayer money on prostitution. Everyone knows it's going to continue regardless of what the authorities do.
However, the guy who solicited with his 4yo girl in the car does need a serious ass whipping.
I would like to know the full stories. Was it heavy on the entrapment? Could some of these guys (maybe even the one with the 4 yr old) be just playing around? When I was younger, we would drive 10th and 11th Ave in Manhattan as a joke, checking out the streetwalkers. We never intended to actually do anything other than bullshit with them. Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
The article I linked said it was a ten day sting operation.
The festivities surrounding the Superbowl were at least 7 days, if not more.
We might need to watch for the same type of action here in ATX with COTA, SXSW, and ACL events. In general, it seems that APD doesn't focus on this, but will not ignore it when seen.

WRT to probable cause, etc. You may very well be able to beat the formal charge and be dismissed, but you will not beat the cop car ride to the station, booking, and a news report in the Austin-American Statesman for all your friends, family and employer to read.

Use common sense and don't troll for SWs in your car in DT ATX. Don't know about the burbs, but Wilco and north burbs are tough on any perceptions of criminal activity.