Let's Expose Some of the State's Best Food

Food that you will literally travel to enjoy. Casual food, you know, the good stuff.

I love the Bluegrass Grill in Chattanooga, the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, and Rendezvous in Memphis.

What am I missing?
Joey's New York Pizza in Nashville is my current favorite! Best foldable slice I've found in the area so far.
Memphis:

Central BBQ, Madison location always seems the best with summer location close.

Folks Folly for steak

Erling Jensen-Awesome food
Wow.... I just posted this on my board...
Memphis:
Ribs - Corky's, Poplar Ave and ONLY Poplar Ave
Steak - Buckley's, not too far away from Corky's, prices will still allow you to hobby
Beer and a good burger - Flying Saucer, waitresses sport plaid skool girl outfits that beat Hooters all to death
More beer and great food - Bosco's Squared
Thai - Emerald, Wolfchasish
Sushi - Sekisui, due to FedEx Center we have pretty good fresh fish compared to other landlocked cities
Memphis:

Central BBQ, Madison location always seems the best with summer location close.

Folks Folly for steak

Erling Jensen-Awesome food Originally Posted by Sonoman

"Erling Jensen-Awesome food" Been there, love it
Arnolds Country Kitchen in Nashville is where I have to eat EVERY time I'm in Nashville. Lunch is the best meat and veggies in town. In CA we just don't get it and as a proud southern boy, Its missed.

For BBQ, I drive up to Gutherie KY, just a short hop from Clarksville. I think they have some of the best I've found when traveling.
In Memphis, the commissary is pretty good. I also like Tom's bbq, nice little hole in the wall place
If you have a craving for gumbo while in Nashville, you have to stop at Razz's in Smyrna. It is the best gumbo and jambalaya in Nashville. Also great seafood, prime rib, and if you are there during the evening, near the weekend, someone might be playing some Jazz for you as you dine. It is reasonably priced, and one of my favorites in Nashville.
In Memphis, the commissary is pretty good. Originally Posted by rebel97
Are you talking about the Germantown Commissary? That place is off the hook good.

In Nashville I love eating at Demos'. It's like if your Italian grandmother was raised and learned how to cook in the south.