Weird Interaction

Was wondering if anyone might have an answer for a weird situation I encountered recently. I had a provider who wanted me to take a selfie holding up my pinkie and ring finger in the pic? Is there some type of significance or red flag? I didn't follow through since I got a weird feeling about it. Just thought that was a weird ask for verification and wondered if anyone else has come across this or what it might mean?
Honey we get all kinds of requests...weird that a provider may ask another provider that. If in fact it was a provider and not a manager?
Who knows...

Maybe it was a dexterity test?

At least they didnt ask for the Shocker sign...lol
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_(hand_gesture)
The same idea as holding up a recent newspaper for a timestamp - proof of being a recent photo. When you respond with a photo that has the requested gesture (in this case) in it, that is an indication that you took the photo in response to a live request.
Years ago, I asked a provider to send me just a face pic, holding up 2 or 3 fingers. It was my way of verifying whether her pics in her profile were accurate or not.

It was just a head date. Was not concerned about body. She complied and I had a great date. LOL, the face pic she sent was way better than her face pics in her profile.
Honey we get all kinds of requests...weird that a provider may ask another provider that. If in fact it was a provider and not a manager?
Who knows... Originally Posted by BigDeal
Unless it is another provider looking to verify and interact in some fashion but your rep should circumvent any further verification.