Ever notice

• ktiix
  • 09-02-2014, 11:22 AM
How many more friends you have when you're cooking out? I am in California right now. No family here, no friends etc. It is not my neck of the woods. I rented out a small bungalo on Lake Tahoe to relax and boat. Haven't said a red word to anyone since I got here other than the owner. I started smoking a brisket with some good spice rub (Mesquite and Pecan in the smoker) and low and behold, suddenly I have visitors. greedy bastards.
If I was there I'd bring the beer and slaw. Nothing like a slow-cooked brisket to perfection.
  • ktiix
  • 09-02-2014, 12:09 PM
If I was there I'd bring the beer and slaw. Nothing like a slow-cooked brisket to perfection. Originally Posted by Prolongus
Got the beer, made barbeque taters as a side. Didn't have everything I needed for potato salad or slaw. And indeed, few things compare to the flavor of a slow smoked. The smell carries for a goodly while too, especially when using onion, garlic, and hickory. Those smells blend together good enough to give a fatguy a hardon.
I just had lunch and I'm still hungry.
  • ktiix
  • 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
I just had lunch and I'm still hungry. Originally Posted by Prolongus
I haven't eaten all day, been listening to the lake lick my boat, smelling the smoke lick my brisket, and feeling my feet in the mud. I guess Old Rasputin could technically count as a snack. Can't wait to cut up a fat slice of brisket, dripping with smoky juices with a crisp texture on the outside all full of spicy goodness, and that tender smoky taste inside. It's like a meat sandwich.
You're killin me. BBQ tonight for me.
I over-indulged all summer so now I'm paying the price!
Please don't discuss brisket!!!
OP you just F'ed up my diet..

j/k, cool coincidence, I just had some brisket for lunch today.

Maggie, it looks like your overindulgence went straight to your tatas!

Damn brisket is too expensive now to cook.

That has allowed me to perfect my ribs recipe, however. The neighbors don't seem to mind
  • ktiix
  • 09-02-2014, 02:59 PM
I over-indulged all summer so now I'm paying the price!
Please don't discuss brisket!!! Originally Posted by Maggie_May
I am going to do some pulled pork before I leave. I make my own BBQ sauce with cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and bourbon and never have any left if I break it out. Maybe fry some onions to add to the sweet and spicy BBQ pulled pork, goes good with mesquite and pecan smoke.

OP you just F'ed up my diet..

j/k, cool coincidence, I just had some brisket for lunch today.

Maggie, it looks like your overindulgence went straight to your tatas!

Originally Posted by muffin101
Was it pdg?

Damn brisket is too expensive now to cook.

That has allowed me to perfect my ribs recipe, however. The neighbors don't seem to mind Originally Posted by TinMan
You have to feed your carnivore or it will eat your stomach.
How many more friends you have when you're cooking out? I am in California right now. No family here, no friends etc. It is not my neck of the woods. I rented out a small bungalo on Lake Tahoe to relax and boat. Haven't said a red word to anyone since I got here other than the owner. I started smoking a brisket with some good spice rub (Mesquite and Pecan in the smoker) and low and behold, suddenly I have visitors. greedy bastards. Originally Posted by ktiix
Why would you do Lake Tahoe? Most that visit there are greedy bastards on the cheap. What's wrong with a Texas lake? Close to DFW?? Be among gentle southern men. Whom as you see from the foregoing?
I have noticed that every time I put the coals on the grill and start cracking coldies and go through my whole routine (yes it's a series of steps to prepare) and get everything ready and cooked just right, I'm drunk as fuck.
  • ktiix
  • 09-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Why would you do Lake Tahoe? Most that visit there are greedy bastards on the cheap. What's wrong with a Texas lake? Close to DFW?? Be among gentle southern men. Whom as you see from the foregoing? Originally Posted by doug_dfw
I am collecting something in the area, and I wanted to hit the lake. Plus this is one of the states I have a boat in. (I also have one in Lake Ray Hubbard at the Harbor Bay Marina in Rockwall, but I was in Cali not Dallas). Plus Dallas is cram packed with people right now on the water, trying to do god knows what with those nasty reservoir fish.
I am collecting something in the area, and I wanted to hit the lake. Plus this is one of the states I have a boat in. (I also have one in Lake Ray Hubbard at the Harbor Bay Marina in Rockwall, but I was in Cali not Dallas). Plus Dallas is cram packed with people right now on the water, trying to do god knows what with those nasty reservoir fish. Originally Posted by ktiix
Funny that is where my boat is.
  • ktiix
  • 09-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Funny that is where my boat is. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Permission to board, captain?

I have a Sun Tracker there myself, I haven't put out in a while though. I probably should have it taken out and cleaned. I had the trailer for it stolen while I was snowshoeing last year. =\ Who steals a damn boat trailer without a boat on it Dallas.