Do you remember your first concert?

I did not like the group at that time I think I was 15. But the boy I was dating was into heavy-metal so I let him take me to see Black Sabbath . Would’ve been around 1982 I think. I didn’t enjoy it at the time but when I saw Black Sabbath last time they toured which was a lot like five years ago? I don’t know the drummers name at the time but he did the most amazing drum solo I’ve ever seen or heard. He must’ve gone on for at least 30 minutes. He would stop and pause you would think he was done and then I would start back up again. I’ve seen a lot of groups and artists over the years but I can’t remember for sure all of the concerts that I’ve been too I wish I had a better memory
1971. Frank Zappa and the Mothers at Cowtown Ballroom. I doubt if anybody is old enough to remember that place, but it had like a gymnasium floor that you had to sit on and they wanted people to take off their shoes so they wouldn't mar the floor. The concert cost was $5!
Cowtown Ballroom. I doubt if anybody is old enough to remember that place Originally Posted by Smoking Monkey
Beginning in 1972
Finnigan & Wood and Wishbone Ash. 3.50
ELO. 1.00
Kansas. 1.00
Ozark Mountain Daredevils. !.00
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. 1.00
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Last big show. ?? I think it was 5.00 but I'm not sure. I still have the poster. 1974
Just the ones I remember. I think there are a few more.

Elton John, Brewer Field House at MU.
1988 or '89 it was Ratt, Kix, Britny Fox at Kemper Arena, the height of the hair metal years. It was hard to get tickets back then you either had to stand in line long before the ticket master outlet opened or sit on the phone hitting redial over and over again trying to get through. I figured out later on that you could call a ticket master in other cities when the tickets went on sale in your city and get right through.
WOF BTO, Been to a lot of really good ones since to name a few, BOA, Steppenwolf, Bob Segar, styx, Pat Benetar, Boston & many more. Went to some I couldn't remember so I stopped drinking before concerts. Malwoody nitty gritty is coming to uptown. I challenge you to find a good concert ticket for $1 or $5 now lol
LA Guns late 80s
$7.50 ticket.
Grand Funk Railroad in 1973

I don't recall where it was at or how much it cost
Alice Cooper Band w/ ZZ Topp opening. Crisler Arena Ann Arbor 12/12/1973. I got a pass from the teen psych ward to go. Truly !

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice...-4bc5a31e.html
LA Guns late 80s
$7.50 ticket. Originally Posted by lookintoo1
At Memorial Hall probably '89 or early '90? I think I went to that one.
"Alice Cooper Band w/ ZZ Topp opening. Crisler Arena Ann Arbor 12/12/1973. I got a pass from the teen psych ward to go. Truly !"

If you can stream or find the dvd of "Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper", it pretty much has all the footage from the Billion Dollar Babies tour
Feb 13 1985. Deep Purple at Kemper. Perfect Strangers tour. Sat front row.
"Alice Cooper Band w/ ZZ Topp opening. Crisler Arena Ann Arbor 12/12/1973. I got a pass from the teen psych ward to go. Truly !"

If you can stream or find the dvd of "Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper", it pretty much has all the footage from the Billion Dollar Babies tour Originally Posted by Smoking Monkey
I liked the part at the end when the band beat up Santa.
Eric Clapton
April, 1975, Honolulu, Hawaii

Eric Clapton Norman,OK 1976