Women seem to prefer voice calls so...

The Women seem to prefer voice calls so what do you want us to say.

No offense serious question really... What would make you comfortable dealing with someone. Good voice? Good questions? Seems to know how things work?

Are there bad things to say? Good things? Do you care if someone has a speech problem? What if they Ghetto?

// flame gear on... I know it's coming.
It's kind of a screening.

You can tell a lot by how a person talks and the tone of their voice....health, class, age, sometimes race, and whether they are assholes.
It's a sales tactic. You are more likely to pull the trigger if u get a personal feel for the gun. Sometimes it may be screening but I'm guessing its more likely a lady's way of reeling you in. I don't converse with anyone over the phone who I haven't already screened. I can do all the screening I need through their hobby number and references. Kind of a strange request and even stranger that it happens so often you asked publicly about the practice of it. Weird.
I like an initial call after screening has been done. For me, it's an ice breaker. I am always nervous about meeting a client for the first time and it honestly puts me at ease. I am a tad quirky that way. I will say I haven't had any gentleman get bent out of shape when I ask them to give me a call.
I like an initial call after screening has been done. For me, it's an ice breaker. I am always nervous about meeting a client for the first time and it honestly puts me at ease. I am a tad quirky that way. I will say I haven't had any gentleman get bent out of shape when I ask them to give me a call. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
+1 "after screening". I disagreed with a previous post that said the call is part of the screening. I don't mind chatting briefly with a gent before a visit but its not for screening.
I agree with K4U...everyone screens over the phone, often without realizing it. The screening can go both ways too:
  • If a provider sounds ghetto,..... I change my mind
  • If I hear a man's voice in the background,.... I bail
  • police radio in the background? forget it.
  • If she sounds too young?... no way
  • Is she sounds like a guy,.... hell no
What do I wish for you to say when you call me?

Sharing with me your name, and a casual but polite greeting, is a good start.

You would be surprised how men ask the most invasive of questions but haven't even introduced themselves.

With responding to what some of the others have written, guess I'm different. I use a phone call to help with screening and always have.

There have been a few examples of men who have passed screening and once we speak over the phone for a few moments, I KNOW that we're not a good match. It happens quite a bit, actually. Are they "ghetto"? Do they not speak well? Language barriers generally aren't an issue with me.

I try to not judge people by the way that they speak but I WILL judge men by their tone. That is generally what I'm looking for. When someone calls and shows a complete lack of respect, then I won't see them. Period. That's why I will not ever see someone unless I've spoken to them, even briefly.

I'm not going to visit with someone who thinks that I'm trash ... unless they're delightfully naughty about it. Then, I'll be their nasty slut for life (or the hour or three that we're together!). But I think you know what I'm trying to say.

Also, there are times when men just don't send me any type of information and I speak to them.

I do respect that some ladies are able to screen before speaking to someone. Lucky girls!!! But I have men that just pick up the phone and call me. And I do answer.

When that happens, I'll do a gentle screening right then.

My preference would be for a guy to write me, immediately send me his screening stuff and then after a short phone call, we meet and do the dirty.

But in my experience, my business rarely is that simplistic.
  • L.A.
  • 09-04-2013, 06:49 AM
I've never called a provider to setup an appointment or for initial contact...never.
So I'm not sure the statement that they prefer voice calls is accurate.
I imagine each person has their own preferred method of contact whether it be text, PM, email, or contact thru p411 or their website.
I would find it awkward to just call somebody out of the blue like that.