Why Do Men Go For Cheap Rates?

I always was a firm believer of you get what you pay for cheap does not equal better. I am new to this business and potential clients have told me I am to expensive my current rate is 220 for an hour . I do not feel that is expensive because I bring a lot to the table. Can somebody explain to me why would someone reduce themselves to charging 40& 50 $ and why would a man pay for that?
My only guess is because some of us are ultra cheap and prefer quantity over quality,I however am not one of them.I would much rather pay what some may deem a higher cost for better service any day.
Don't know why some ladies charge so little, but a couple things to think about from the guys point of view. First, there are stories everywhere of guys who find that "diamond in the rough", a provider who provides a great experience at a bargain price. Second, some guys can play and never consider the cost, while some have to sacrifice and save to see a provider. Most clients fall in between these scenarios, but the money spent is significant to most. With that in mind, many will try to meet their needs at the lowest possible cost. Third, there are stories everywhere of guys who paid far more than your rate and had horrible experiences using the "you get what you pay for" theory. Since you seem to be fairly new, at least to ECCIE, remember that your reputation will be made by your service more than your rate.
Rates do not equal a particular type of time.

Guy's reasons for picking certain providers vary so much you would likely get an answer to fit each scenario from at least one guy here. I don't search out the lower cost ladies nor do I look for higher rates. I look for one that fits what I'm looking for
We are paying for the experience. So much of it is the provider's attitude and how she makes you feel. In my area, there are very few providers worth paying $$. I Can get the same service for .8. The providers that do make it special are worth the extra fee. While not nearly as satisfying, we can all get the end result by taking care of it ourselves for free, so it's not about the destination, but the journey.
Now that you Put it like that I have a better view of things now.
I would think low cost means high volume which is not good for both sides .
While not nearly as satisfying, we can all get the end result by taking care of it ourselves for free, so it's not about the destination, but the journey. Originally Posted by hittingcoach
A MEN TO THAT!

Just keep that whole you get what you pay for thing in mind next time you swing into some fast food place and look at the dollar menu. I mean does a Big Mac really taste that much better because it cost more?

Just saying.
I understand but I would never reduce myself to charging 40&50$ I feel I'm worth way more I am not judging anyone that charges that rate to me it's unacceptable .
I understand but I would never reduce myself to charging 40&50$ I feel I'm worth way more I am not judging anyone that charges that rate to me it's unacceptable . Originally Posted by KiaKiss
I totally agree with your feelings about it. But in a males world I have many friends that say I am a fool for paying for sex. The thing no one seems to get is I have never in my life ever paid a woman to have sex. I have paid for many other things but never sex. I had a provider make me understand something about myself in our first hour of meeting. When I went to my therapist I told her what I found about myself. She told me she was going to get to that after a few more sessions. I am trying to see if I can get Blue Cross to pay for my provider now. Lol It is just all how you look at it.
I understand it's really refreshing to hear other points of view.
220 isn't expensive for GFE for 1 hour at all.

the quality providers if you do a search typically charge 200-300 in the bible belt. anything more than that can be argued as expensive. you could do an experiment where you averaged the prices and I think you would get somewhere around 250 area and that counts discounts.

now if you are in texas then it would be less due to the competition
Exactly I thought 220 was cheap but a hobbyist told me because I am new with no reviews I don't have the right to charge 220 for an hour . I found that comment ridiculous .
Exactly I thought 220 was cheap but a hobbyist told me because I am new with no reviews I don't have the right to charge 220 for an hour . I found that comment ridiculous . Originally Posted by KiaKiss
Charge what you want, people will pay it or not.
Yes your right about that I just wanted to hear other points of view on that subject.