Stupid pop-ups...

Do we really have to see stupid pop-up ads for other sites if we're paying $40 a month?

I mean really...what do I have to pay for no pop-up ads?

Sheesh!

Do we really have to see stupid pop-up ads for other sites if we're paying $40 a month?

I mean really...what do I have to pay for no pop-up ads?

Sheesh!

Originally Posted by SplinterCell
From the owner:

The popup window, like the banners and tabs and text links, is an advertising campaign.

I agree with the folks that feel popups can be annoying, so I set this up with certain restrictions...I fully recognize the intrusive nature of popup windows and for this reason I've put several controls in place to make it as little of a nuisance to our members as possible....

If you're not logged in, and browsing as a guest, you WILL get the popup when you visit ECCIE and then click on a forum. Simply close it and it won't come up again, for 24 hours.

If you're logged in to your account, you might get the popup when you first log in , but you shouldn't see it anymore.

The problem exists with those who have programs that block cookies or clear cookies when they close their browser or in time increments, like every 5 minutes or something like that. Those people may repeatedly get the popup because it recognizes that there's no cookie and sends the popup.

The majority of people who stay logged into the site should not have a major problem with this popup.

Since the popup went up, I've been watching the threads closely and while there have been 4 or 5 threads about it, it doesn't appear to be a massive problem out there.

Some of these companies, like Eros, Ashley Madison and a handful of others have an excellent track record with us and have stayed loyal and supported ECCIE from the beginning. I know for a fact that they bring us traffic....it's not just one-way, and for that reason, I do not mind letting them promote their site here on ECCIE.