Dumbest Hobby Mistakes. What have you done or know about?

I'll start this by saying my best friend, and yes it was my best friend and not me, used his ATM card at the machine inside a MP. A short time later the place is busted. Several months later the FBI shows up at his work. Long story they put pressure on him to testify that he withdrew the money and what services he received at the parlor. He didn't tell me about it until it was all over. We know he could have kept his mouth shut and they would have probably gone away, but he didn't. That is not what this thread is about. It is about the mistakes made.

So what have you done that was really dumb?
Calling on questionable BP ladies.
On two different occasions going through with appointments when they were not even close to my standards. This was before days of Internet and pics. Plus after 2nd time I started turning them away. The agency should have at least tried to get the type right. When they say they are sending a petite lady and someone who weighs 180 shows up, not good.
Using my home phone to call a provider instead of my cell phone at first when I was a brand new newbie.It took a 19 year old provider at the time to teach a 39 year old new hobby guy that LE can trace a home phone but not a prepaid cell phone.
Not doing your research and letting the little head do all the thinking.
Not following my Gut Instinct when talking to a provider on the phone. She seemed unmotivated & tired on the phone. My Gut Instinct told me that I should just cancel the appointment and spend my hobby money on a Provider that was motivated and would give me a good time.

Unfortunately I was thinking with the other head & ended up having a lously time with the provider. Never Again! The phone call will always be the first impression in my book--Providers & Agencies!
Many years ago after the provider had arrived and been paid, she told me she left the condoms in her car. She said hold my purse and I'll be right back. As I watched out the window she drove off. The purse was empty. I got F U C K E D that night.
On two different occasions going through with appointments when they were not even close to my standards. This was before days of Internet and pics. Plus after 2nd time I started turning them away. The agency should have at least tried to get the type right. When they say they are sending a petite lady and someone who weighs 180 shows up, not good. Originally Posted by CarolinaGent
I've been in that same position as well. Even in the day of the internet, I have had providers arrive and were not who they portrayed themselves to be (see the whole thread on providers shaving age). I guess I consider myself too much of a gentleman to turn the lady away after a date has been agreed to. I won't go into the whole "you never know if she has a pimp/thug" to ensure she gets paid.

Almost mistakes: leaving out research/contact information for SO to see and also leaving hobby phone on (thankfully no calls came in before I noticed).
Late at night...a little too much to drink. Provider contact email. Thought I closed it. Just minimized it to the toolbar. Wife opened it. SHTF. Yikes!

Worked through it. Still married. VERY STUPID.
Late at night...a little too much to drink. Provider contact email. Thought I closed it. Just minimized it to the toolbar. Wife opened it. SHTF. Yikes!

Worked through it. Still married. VERY STUPID. Originally Posted by jsparrow
Thats not a mistake associated with the hobby. Thats a mistake associated with marriage.
Many years ago after the provider had arrived and been paid, she told me she left the condoms in her car. She said hold my purse and I'll be right back. As I watched out the window she drove off. The purse was empty. I got F U C K E D that night. Originally Posted by RickForFun
Kind of like what my dad used to say about strip joints. "You may or may not laid, but you'll always get fucked".
Getting involved with a provider who would never tell the truth about anything and my being stupid enough to believe her. The wench was so bad that it took her years to STFU @ me and I am nothing special.

Crazy in the heard is one thing but a freak in the sheets who has a switch back to normal land, now we're talkin! The hunt continues to find that elusive lady...