Can book burnings be far behind?

• Old-T
  • 09-22-2013, 11:04 AM
What a shock! (Not). Another Thumper attack at free speech. “I don’t think this book is appropriate for MY kid, and I have so little influence over MY kids to do anything about it, so my only recourse is to insist that MY moral judgment must be forced upon everyone else. It is amazing how the RWWs want freedom of speech as long as it matches their views.
Yep, the Taliban has nothing on this North Carolina school board in this regard. Well done Bubba.
Right wing evangelical Christians are as dangerous to our freedom as Muslim extremists. Anyone who thinks God has given them a special right to decide how others live, in matters unrelated to protecting one's life, liberty or property from seizure without due process, or by force or fraud, is extremely dangerous.
Right wing evangelical Christians are as dangerous to our freedom as Muslim extremists. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
No, they're not, knucklehead. And they never have been.

And I say this as someone who really doesn't like Bible thumpers. You can read all my battles with Bojulay and WellEndowed1911 about evolution and creationism over in The Sandbox.

Right now, over in Kenya, about dozen or so Islamic militants have invaded a mall, killed about 70 Christians and other non-Muslims while allowing Muslims to walk out unmolested, and taken dozens more hostage. Their only apparent goal is killing non-Muslims in order to bring about their stupid caliphate.

When Bible thumpers start capturing malls in the US and start killing non-Christians, then come back and see me.
No, they're not, knucklehead. And they never have been.

And I say this as someone who really doesn't like Bible thumpers. You can read all my battles with Bojulay and WellEndowed1911 about evolution and creationism over in The Sandbox.

Right now, over in Kenya, about dozed or so Islamic militants invaded a mall, killed about 70 Christians and other non-Muslims while allowing Muslims to walk out unmolested, and took dozens more hostage. They're only apparent goal is killing non-Muslims in order to bring about their stupid caliphate.

When Bible thumpers start capturing malls in the US and start killing non-Christians, then come back and see me. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I'm with you on this NY. COG sometimes you disappoint...
Let's see.. Christian Bible thumpers have been responsible for bombings and deaths at abortion clinics, they have shot doctors and threatened them, they have also taken big groups to the burial sites of our fallen soldiers with nasty signs and chanting, yelling horrible things to the family who are greiving and trying to peacefully bury their dead. In addition we have had these fanatical religious groups ban so many good books and literally try and re-write history because they are so avert to anything sexual, I mean the list goes on. And yes, we have had our Waco's too and Jim Jone's.. the list goes on. There are many christian fanatics and I put them right up there with the Jihadists that are killing people in that mall in Africa. Religious fanaticism of any kind is unacceptable in my opinion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_fanaticism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns-kPDVXACE George Carlin Religion is Bullshit Penn & Teller's the bible is Bullshit
Let's see.. Christian Bible thumpers have been responsible for bombings and deaths at abortion clinics, they have shot doctors and threatened them, they have also taken big groups to the burial sites of our fallen soldiers with nasty signs and chanting, yelling horrible things to the family who are greiving and trying to peacefully bury their dead. In addition we have had these fanatical religious groups ban so many good books and literally try and re-write history because they are so avert to anything sexual, I mean the list goes on. And yes, we have had our Waco's too and Jim Jone's.. the list goes on. There are many christian fanatics and I put them right up there with the Jihadists that are killing people in that mall in Africa. Religious fanaticism of any kind is unacceptable in my opinion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_fanaticism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns-kPDVXACE George Carlin Religion is Bullshit Penn & Teller's the bible is Bullshit Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
Try again! The "religious fanatics" are trailing far behind the atheist mass murders of the the 20th century.

Russian Civil War (1917-22): 9,000,000

Soviet Union: 61,911,000 democides in the USSR 1917-87, of which 51,755,000 occurred during the Stalin years. This divides up into:
■Russian Civil War (1917-22)
■War: 1,410,000 (includes 500,000 civilian)
■Famine: 5,000,000 (50% democidal)
■Other democide: 784,000
■Epidemics: 2,300,000
■Total: 9,494,000
■1923-29: 2,200,000 (plus 1M non-democidal famine deaths)
■1929-39: 15,785,000 (plus 2M non-democidal famine)
■1939-45: 18,157,000
■1946-54: 15,613,000 (plus 333,000 non-democidal famine)
■TOTAL: 51,755,000 democides and 3,333,000 non-demo. famine

WWII European War (military) Dead (1939-45): 28,736,000
■War-related (additional) Democides
■Hitler: 20,946,000 (including Jews: 5,291,000)
■Stalin: 13,053,000

Chinese Civil War (1945-49) Estimate:
■War Dead: 1,201,000
■Democide by Guomindang: 2,645,000
■Democide by Communists: 2,323,000
■Famine: 25,000
■TOTAL: 6,194,000

People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s regime (1949-1975) Estimate:
■Democide: 34,361,000 (1949-75)
■The principle episodes being…
■All movements (1949-58): 11,813,000
■incl. Land Reform (1949-53): 4,500,000
■Cult. Rev. (1964-75): 1,613,000
■Forced Labor (1949-75): 15,000,000
■Great Leap Forward (1959-63): 5,680,000 democides
■War: 3,399,000
■Famine: 34,500,000
■Great Leap Forward: 27M famine deaths
■TOTAL: 72,260,000

Under Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge imposed an extreme form of social engineering on Cambodian society — a radical form of agrarian communism where the whole population had to work in collective farms or forced labor projects. In terms of the number of people killed as a proportion of the population (2 million killed out of an estimated 7.1 million people), it was the most lethal regime of the 20th century. (Plus an estimated, additional 35,000 foreign democides)

•Estimates based on books by Rummel, Rudolph J.:
■China's Bloody Century : Genocide and Mass Murder Since 1900 (1991), Calculates the lives lost in 20th Century China.
■Lethal Politics : Soviet Genocide and Mass Murder Since 1917 (1990), Does the same for the Soviet Union.
■Democide : Nazi Genocide and Mass Murder (1992), The German rampage across Europe.
■Death By Government (1994), The full treatment for atrocities committed worldwide during the 20th Century.

North Korea's Kims atheistleaders. Unknown numbers have died.

Nicolae Ceaușescu atheistleaderof Romania from 1967 to 1989. Unknown thousands died each year during his reign.

Faced with a declining Romanian population in 1966, Ceaușescu issued Decree No. 770 prohibiting abortion, and contraceptives were not allowed and were not readily available. Celibacy was not an option for many Romanians, as anyone still childless over the age of 25 was required to pay a ‘celibacy tax’, a heavy burden for a population living in poverty.

He designated the title "Heroine Mother" for any woman who bore and brought up ten or more children. For seven to nine children a woman won the order of "Maternal Glory." For five or six children she was given the "Maternity Medal." He was not motivated by concern for families or unborn children; he wanted a larger labor force.

http://caraobrien.tumblr.com/post/35...munist-romania

http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/ceausescu.html

http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=2299725&postcount=111
Let's see.. Christian Bible thumpers have been responsible for bombings and deaths at abortion clinics, they have shot doctors and threatened them, they have also taken big groups to the burial sites of our fallen soldiers with nasty signs and chanting, yelling horrible things to the family who are greiving and trying to peacefully bury their dead. In addition we have had these fanatical religious groups ban so many good books and literally try and re-write history because they are so avert to anything sexual, I mean the list goes on. And yes we have had out Waco's too and Jim Jone's.. the list goes on. There are many christian fanatics and I put them right up there with the Jihadists that are killing people in that mall in Africa. Religious fanaticism of any kind is unacceptable in my opinion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_fanaticism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns-kPDVXACE George Carlin Religion is Bullshit Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
There is no arguing about the potential for religious fanatics to do something. But you will never achieve ZERO acts of violence, because there are always insane, unbalanced people.

But the degree of fanaticism means everything.

You wrote "they have also taken big groups to the burial sites of our fallen soldiers with nasty signs and chanting".

You are obviously talking about Westboro Baptist and you are wrong on number of points. First they have never constituted a "big group". There are about 2 or 3 dozen of them.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but that "church" is made up almost entirely of the family of Fred Phelps, the so-called "minister". It is more of a cult of personality than anything else.

So, I don't know any one who regards it as a church.

And the overwhelming number of critics of Westboro Baptist are themselves Christians, including "real" Bible thumping Baptists.

Also, I don't think Jim Jones was running a Christian denomination. Also, what threat did the Jonestown cult pose to greater American society? They were paranoid nuts, not really religious proselytizers, who killed a Congressman who was investigating their jungle encampment looking for kidnapped people. But, the Jonestown cult primarily killed themselves, not others. Mighty decent of them if you ask me.

Also, the Waco nuts weren't really attacking anyone prior to the siege. Yet another small cult of personality that kept to itself until the law suspected they had guns and were molesting kids. But they are primarily known for mass suicide, not mass killing.

On the other hand, NOTHING is like fundamentalist Islam. About 99% of the acts of terror committed in the world are committed by Muslims and they have a large degree of support in Muslim society, even if not quite a majority.

The Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Shia that run Iran, the Salafists and Wahabbists that are running Iraq, Egypt, Libya, and Saudi Arabia - they are not all insane and unbalanced.

They are just cold-blooded. They don't think twice about hanging homosexuals, beating women, arresting women who have been raped. Christians and other non-Muslims are being murdered in Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan, Syria, and Kenya, just to name a few places.

And I always find it interesting that the folks who are always trying to build up the Christian right into a domestic version of Al Qaeda can always name the individual abortion doctor killings and clinic bombings. Perhaps because there have been so few that you can remember them by name?

But if you asked the same progressives to name one of the twenty 9-11 bombers, or the guy who planned the Lockerbie bombing, or the name of the blind sheik who planned the first WTC bombing, or what the 7/7 bombing refers to, or what the USS Cole was, or what the embassy bombing refers to, or what the Mumbai attacks refer to, you just get a slack-jawed look from them.

Nothing else remotely compares to Islamic religious fanaticism.
What a shock! (Not). Another Thumper attack at free speech. “I don’t think this book is appropriate for MY kid, and I have so little influence over MY kids to do anything about it, so my only recourse is to insist that MY moral judgment must be forced upon everyone else. It is amazing how the RWWs want freedom of speech as long as it matches their views.
Yep, the Taliban has nothing on this North Carolina school board in this regard. Well done Bubba. Originally Posted by Old-T
What a shock! Old-Twerp has started another thread illustrating his ignorance. Stalin wasn't a "right-wing" Bible thumper, but he destroyed books -- and the books' authors, Old-Twerp! And it's ignorant, lib-retard assholes like you, Old-Twerp, that want to keep Mark Twain's works off library shelves in public schools. Guess that makes you a "bubba", Old-Twerp.
typical whiny deflection.

Justify the fucked up behavior of one group by pointing out the fucked up behavior of another group.

I suppose the fact that IBIdiot, SimpleJack and JL are insufferable assholes means you're any less of one!

what a bag of douche!
Yep, the Taliban has nothing on this North Carolina school board in this regard. Well done Bubba. Originally Posted by Old-T
Really? What the fuck are you even talking about? Link?

Did the NCSB shoot any girls in the face? Forbid them from going to school? Forbid anything other than the Koran be taught?

Dumbshit racist.
You people really ought to read what I post before you start commenting. You might learn something. I said they are dangerous to our FREEDOM! Radical Muslims don't hold positions of power and influence in government. (Well, maybe one does.) RWECs are always trying to enforce a Dispensationalist world view on us, by law. There is no need for them to use violence to any extreme. They are an accepted part of the mainstream. They are not throwing hand grenades or blowing up buildings, but they are extremely dangerous, as the OP observed. If you love liberty, don't side with those guys.

Now, not all RWECs are dispensationalists, but that is the root of their legalism and hypocrisy. A theocracy based on the Bible, as the RWECs interpret it, would be every bit as harsh as an Islamic theocracy.
Number one, there is a lot of confusion about what is what. A hard core conservative is not necessarily a religious person. The two things are not mutually inclusive. Also individuals have done some things like kill and blow up bombs but NO ONE has ever connected these acts to a conspiracy of "bible thumpers". These were all the acts of individuals.

Also those religious nuts who protest at funerals...they are registered democrats! Fred Phelps ran for office as a democrat and his tactics are the tactics of liberals.

I wonder who they replaced the real COG with? Sounds like a nut. Now he is going off on religion and those who practice it. I'm curious, where does he thing we got our code of conduct, ideas of right and wrong, and the basis for our constitution? Did it just drop out of thin air? This may surprise this new COG but our law code is based on religious documents but not everything in religion is in our laws and the vast majority of people would not stand for it. You understand fake COG? The vast majority, left and right, would not stand for it. Now the left uses the courts. They don't come out and do thing in front of you. Take California for example; they are trying to ban lead bullets using the environmental agenda. Now what happens if they take the lead out of bullets? They won't have anymore bullets to speak of. Without bullets, they get a gun ban by way of the back door. The repeal of Obamacare is straight forward. Too bad the irreligious left is not as honest.
JD, what the hell are you talking about? You've thrown a lot out there that I did not say. Did I mention conservatives, gun control or Obamacare? I'm not a conservative, but I oppose gun control and Obamacare. That's got nothing to do with the OP. And I fully support the right of anyone to practice their religion, I just oppose those who want me to practice their religion. That includes Christians and Muslims. And our system was not based on Biblical principles, except where those principles reflect the Natural Law. Read the Code of Hammurabi. Bible based? I don't think so.

But be a Christian if you want to. Or Muslim. Or whatever. Just don't try to impose limits on my freedom based on your religion.

Gawd you people are dense.
Try again! The "religious fanatics" are trailing far behind the atheist mass murders of the the 20th century.

Russian Civil War (1917-22): 9,000,000

Soviet Union: 61,911,000 democides in the USSR 1917-87, of which 51,755,000 occurred during the Stalin years. This divides up into:
■Russian Civil War (1917-22)
■War: 1,410,000 (includes 500,000 civilian)
■Famine: 5,000,000 (50% democidal)
■Other democide: 784,000
■Epidemics: 2,300,000
■Total: 9,494,000
■1923-29: 2,200,000 (plus 1M non-democidal famine deaths)
■1929-39: 15,785,000 (plus 2M non-democidal famine)
■1939-45: 18,157,000
■1946-54: 15,613,000 (plus 333,000 non-democidal famine)
■TOTAL: 51,755,000 democides and 3,333,000 non-demo. famine

WWII European War (military) Dead (1939-45): 28,736,000
■War-related (additional) Democides
■Hitler: 20,946,000 (including Jews: 5,291,000)
■Stalin: 13,053,000

Chinese Civil War (1945-49) Estimate:
■War Dead: 1,201,000
■Democide by Guomindang: 2,645,000
■Democide by Communists: 2,323,000
■Famine: 25,000
■TOTAL: 6,194,000

People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s regime (1949-1975) Estimate:
■Democide: 34,361,000 (1949-75)
■The principle episodes being…
■All movements (1949-58): 11,813,000
■incl. Land Reform (1949-53): 4,500,000
■Cult. Rev. (1964-75): 1,613,000
■Forced Labor (1949-75): 15,000,000
■Great Leap Forward (1959-63): 5,680,000 democides
■War: 3,399,000
■Famine: 34,500,000
■Great Leap Forward: 27M famine deaths
■TOTAL: 72,260,000

Under Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge imposed an extreme form of social engineering on Cambodian society — a radical form of agrarian communism where the whole population had to work in collective farms or forced labor projects. In terms of the number of people killed as a proportion of the population (2 million killed out of an estimated 7.1 million people), it was the most lethal regime of the 20th century. (Plus an estimated, additional 35,000 foreign democides)

•Estimates based on books by Rummel, Rudolph J.:
■China's Bloody Century : Genocide and Mass Murder Since 1900 (1991), Calculates the lives lost in 20th Century China.
■Lethal Politics : Soviet Genocide and Mass Murder Since 1917 (1990), Does the same for the Soviet Union.
■Democide : Nazi Genocide and Mass Murder (1992), The German rampage across Europe.
■Death By Government (1994), The full treatment for atrocities committed worldwide during the 20th Century.

North Korea's Kims atheistleaders. Unknown numbers have died.

Nicolae Ceaușescu atheistleaderof Romania from 1967 to 1989. Unknown thousands died each year during his reign.

Faced with a declining Romanian population in 1966, Ceaușescu issued Decree No. 770 prohibiting abortion, and contraceptives were not allowed and were not readily available. Celibacy was not an option for many Romanians, as anyone still childless over the age of 25 was required to pay a ‘celibacy tax’, a heavy burden for a population living in poverty.

He designated the title "Heroine Mother" for any woman who bore and brought up ten or more children. For seven to nine children a woman won the order of "Maternal Glory." For five or six children she was given the "Maternity Medal." He was not motivated by concern for families or unborn children; he wanted a larger labor force.

http://caraobrien.tumblr.com/post/35...munist-romania

http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/ceausescu.html

http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=2299725&postcount=111 Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Oh I see, so who ever kills the most is the winner?? In my book it doesn't matter if one religion killed more and another killed less, they are both equally destructive, offensive, and fanatical regardless.

"That is like saying my religion is better because we only killed a million and they killed 2 million!" Do even see how obsurd that is?

In addition everything you posted is debatable... and no Hitler and Stalin were not atheists, as much as so many people want to believe. Most of what you listed is inaccurate.

But to say somehow because one fanatical religion kills less, or hasn't done as much lately as the other again, is assinine.

ANY RELIGION in my book is destructive, and causes people to stop with all "critical thinking skills", and believe false things. It is a MASS DELUSION of the poor and the easily fooled to believe in such nonsense.

"That is like saying my religion is better because we only killed a million and they killed 2 million!" Do even see how obsurd that is?
Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
You're a hypocrite, Stan Duplicitous, because that's exactly what you did. The democides listed above were nondenominational and a-religious: just as you purport to be, Stan Duplicitous. So take your delusional and pretentious "Holier Than Thou" tripe elsewhere, Stan Duplicitous.