Drinks, Drinking, & Drink Recipes

I'm sure this thread will get as much traction as my last thread "OP eats corn on the cob longways," but nothing ventured nothing gained. Best case scenario we have some fun and maybe learn something. Worst case, I have an online bookmark for my martini recipes.

So, over the last several months I picked up a new hobby. Drinking! More specially, learning to make and enjoying martinis. I know every single person here drinks something (even if it is water) so no one should be left out. The thread should be about anything liquid you consume or having to do with drinking.
  • Cocktail/Drink recipes (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic)
  • Maybe a specific brand of (beer, hard liquor, soda, etc.)
  • Anything else...
So that is about it, except let's drop the drama and dislikes (I know, I am a big culprit) on this thread. Let's ignore what we don't have in common and embrace what we do have in common.

I will start things off....
One of the first martini's I learned out to make was a Blueberry Martini.
  • 1.50 oz Smirnoff Blueberry Vodka
  • 0.50 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 0.25 oz Simple Syrup
  • Lemon Twist / Blueberries

The one on the left is without blue food coloring and and one on the right has way too much.

It's really smooth and I have had a lot of compliments from people that never had a martini before. I originally started with a lemon twist but I thought taking blueberries and stringing them on a toothpick and freezing them added to the drink and to keep it cold.
One of the first martini's I learned out to make was a Blueberry Martini.
  • 1.50 oz Smirnoff Blueberry Vodka
  • 0.50 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 0.25 oz Simple Syrup
  • Lemon Twist / Blueberries

The one on the left is without blue food coloring and and one on the right has way too much.

It's really smooth and I have had a lot of compliments from people that never had a martini before. I originally started with a lemon twist but I thought taking blueberries and stringing them on a toothpick and freezing them added to the drink and to keep it cold. Originally Posted by Exchequer

That drink looks amazing! I might have to pick up those ingredients to serve to company in the hot tub!

I absolutely adore anything with blueberries. But I also love blueberry/lemon combos! Might have to add a wedge of lemon to mine!
I want to try this!
There are a lot of other great looking recipes to try out on their website, as well!

Whipped Pink Lemonade Cocktail with Raspberry and Ginger

INGREDIENTS:

2 oz raspberry-infused vodka
1 oz Barrow's Intense Ginger Liqueur
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz half and half (I’d use heavy cream for a richer flavor)
½ oz simple syrup (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Combine all ingredients in a blender with 1 cup of crushed ice.
Blend on high until smooth, about 10-15 seconds.
Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with a lemon wheel, raspberry, and mint sprig. This recipe only makes one cocktail, so I adjust the recipe according to how many guests you’ll have!
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 96BB1423-8C38-4375-988D-B9844BD07B14.jpeg (57.4 KB, 237 views)
I absolutely adore anything with blueberries. But I also love blueberry/lemon combos! Might have to add a wedge of lemon to mine! Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I might have to try that Whipped Pink Lemonade Cocktail! The only thing is I hate to have ingredients that have a short shelf life like Half & Half. As a bachelor I can't tell you how many times I have thrown away a half-gallon of milk without even opening it. Although lemons don't exactly last forever. LOL!

While looking for the Blueberry Martini recipe, I came across this:

https://tipsybartender.com/recipe/bl...y-drop-martini

The next one I make, I am going to add the "1/2 oz. (15ml) Blueberry Schnapps" cause it has a neat effect when it floats down in the drink.
Nice and simple
Nice and simple Originally Posted by Picksix
Which one?
The blueberry
The blueberry Originally Posted by Picksix
The Blueberry Martini is by far my favorite, and for me I try to use recipes that are very simple to make.

And yes, I am a huge geek, cause I turned all my martini recipes into Pokemon cards and laminated them so I don't have to keep looking them up.

I guess my second favorite easy to make martini is the Lemon Drop Martini.

Ingredients
  • 1 oz Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
  • 0.5 oz Triple Sec
  • 0.75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 0.25 oz Simple Syrup
  • Lemon Wheel

How to Prepare
  1. Optional Using a lemon wedge, rim a martini glass with sugar.
  2. Combine Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a shaker filled with ice.
  3. Shake well and strain into martini glass.
  4. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
For the rimming sugar I get Lemon Drop Cocktail Sugar from MacaDoodles.

A number of Ladies that I have enjoyed the pleasure of their company in a social setting have been very fond of an Appletini.

As with most Cocktails there are a number of variations of the recipe to make the drink.

2 versions can be found below:

Ingredients

1 1/2 oz. vodka

1 oz. apple schnapps

1/2 oz. calvados

Ice

Green apple slices, for serving

Directions

Place martini glass in freezer to chill.

Combine vodka, schnapps, and calvados in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until chilled, about 30 seconds.

Pour cocktail into chilled glass and garnish with apple slice.

Another version can be found below:

Ingredients

1 1/4 ounces vodka

1 ounce Calvados

1 1/4 ounces Granny Smith apple juice

1/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed

1/4 ounce simple syrup

Garnish: brandied cherry

Garnish: Granny Smith apple slices

Directions

Add crushed ice into a cocktail glass and set aside to chill.

Add the vodka, Calvados, apple juice, lemon juice and simple syrup into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.

Discard the ice from the cocktail glass and double-strain the mixture into the glass.

Garnish with a skewered brandied cherry and 3 Granny Smith apple slices.

A number of Ladies that I have enjoyed the pleasure of their company in a social setting have been very fond of an Appletini.

Ingredients

1 1/4 ounces vodka

1 ounce Calvados

1 1/4 ounces Granny Smith apple juice

1/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed

1/4 ounce simple syrup

Garnish: brandied cherry

Garnish: Granny Smith apple slices
Originally Posted by biomed1

Very nice indeed! I have a Green Apple Martini recipe I have been wanting to try but it required yet another flavored vodka. Glad to see your 2nd version didn't.

Newbie Question. How do you make brandied cherry?
Brandied Cherries can be purchased on line or in a well appointed (dare I say Gourmet) Grocery Store.

Alternatives could be to use the Luxardo Original Maraschino Cherries. These are not the glow in the dark neon red Cherries of our youth. Additionally, you could try the Peninsula Premium Cocktail Cherries.

Should these not meet your needs there are a number of video recipes on making your own.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the simplest way to make a Brandied Cherry (Fruit soaked in Brandy)

A bit more complicated Recipe

Another

https://www.blossomtostem.net/brandied-cherries/

Variations could include using a "Good" Brandy, Bourbon, Kirchwasser (German Cherry Brandy) or even Grain Alcohol (Care should be exercised when using Grain Alcohol around a heat source) - your imagination is your limitation in this case.

As noted in a couple of places, these Cherries are quite nice with Vanilla Ice Cream as an "adult" dessert in the cooler parts of the year.
Ok those look interesting enough to include on a recipe thread.. Hint hint.

*I do appreciate very simple drinks that are fantastic. The ones that look like you worked your ass off to make but you didn’t.

*If you are trying to figure out where the sarcasm is, there isn’t any. Originally Posted by Exchequer
None detected.

My daughter and I went to the store to pick up some wine and discovered these new margarita cocktails in a multitude of different flavors, ready to drink. Trying to remember all the different flavors they had? Strawberry, blueberry, regular margarita, mango. But her personal favorite is watermelon anything, so we grabbed a bottle.

Poured our first glass and wow, it was so sour!! So I added some of the new Cran-Watermelon juice, figuring the flavors would coordinate nicely & the sugar from the juice would balance some of the bite! It was perfect! The orange and lime slices were a great complement, as well.

It was more of an experiment than it was a recipe. My ratio of margarita to juice was about 50-50. I think it would also be excellent in a blender with some ice! Or maybe plan ahead & freeze the juice in an ice cube tray… So the flavor doesn’t become diluted.

Your blueberry Martini still looks the most interesting to me, so far!
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 6BA6D995-B646-4EF7-B88C-3BA029438C2A.jpeg (120.3 KB, 134 views) File Type: jpeg E9CF3754-826E-4540-8199-BDAF066DF05B.jpeg (92.1 KB, 125 views)
None detected.

My daughter and I went to the store to pick up some wine and discovered these new margarita cocktails in a multitude of different flavors, ready to drink. Trying to remember all the different flavors they had? Strawberry, blueberry... Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Once you mentioned blueberry, now I need to check this out. Not sure what I would be mixing with it to tone it down (provided it needed that). I guess blueberry for me is your watermelon.

Before I hammer blueberry to death, I'm going to mention a time saving trick. As hard as I try, I am unable to talk to a pretty lady while making martini's. The recipe gets messed up or takes forever for me to do.

So an hour before company arrives, I fill my shaker with ice and place in the freezer, rim my glasses, and premake four martini's and keep in the containers below.

Also get a proper Lemon Squeezer. I didn't realize how much juice I was wasting doing it by hand until I picked this one up at Target.