Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru,

If you know what this refers to, then you are a nerd. No shame in that.

If you don't know the meaning, it's a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.

Recently, I had to endure my own version of the Kobayashi Maru. I was faced with a situation where someone was going to be upset with me regardless of what decision I made and how it was handled.

I was faced with the choice of giving up my friendship with another or giving up my integrity. I really didn’t want to give up my friend but at the end of the day, my integrity is all I have. As an Eagle Scout, the 12 Scout Laws have been instilled into my consciousness from an early age.
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
I really try to practice those laws and yes, I come up short from time to time, but in all honesty, I really try to obey those.

Back to now, I know what happened will never be a win-win, but I really hope with time, those that are angry with me will eventually understand and maybe a peace will be achieved.

This reminded me of something my dad drilled into me. He said “Son, once a man gives up his integrity everything else is a piece of cake.” You chose wisely.
*Sad violin music*
Integrity to me has a very specific meaning…

It’s who you are. And it’s who you are not.

And maybe we all have different definitions…

But I for one know that I would never take out a thread on someone who could not defend themselves from accusations.

Not cool,

But maybe that’s just me.

Kinda one-sided. Unless that’s intentionally the way you wanted it.
Integrity to me has a very specific meaning…

It’s who you are. And it’s who you are not.

And maybe we all have different definitions…

But I for one know that I would never take out a thread on someone who could not defend themselves from accusations.

Not cool But maybe that’s just me. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll

Who said it was about anyone here, diplodocus? You are letting your mind wander. If it involved someone here it would have been posted in coed.

Chill out and listen to some relaxing music!

https://youtu.be/A1EhBdsTkl8
Blah blah blah

Estan no Bueno
Puenta
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 4A653015-4997-42FE-8206-DAB6565BBCF3.jpeg (150.1 KB, 715 views)
For once I actually know what this is about. I do not see this as an attack.
Integrity: to honor one's word. Actions speak louder than what comes out of your mouth, often two different things.
Well fuck, I have no idea what this was about. I was just commenting on choosing ones integrity over the strong desire to side with a friend.
  • AgFox
  • 11-09-2021, 08:14 AM
Guess I’m a nerd.
Diplodocus 😂😂😂😂 WTF
Kobayashi Maru,

If you don't know the meaning, it's a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.

Recently, I had to endure my own version of the Kobayashi Maru. I was faced with a situation where someone was going to be upset with me regardless of what decision I made and how it was handled.

I was faced with the choice of giving up my friendship with another or giving up my integrity. I really didn’t want to give up my friend but at the end of the day, my integrity is all I have. As an Eagle Scout, the 12 Scout Laws have been instilled into my consciousness from an early age.
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
I really try to practice those laws and yes, I come up short from time to time, but in all honesty, I really try to obey those.

Back to now, I know what happened will never be a win-win, but I really hope with time, those that are angry with me will eventually understand and maybe a peace will be achieved.

Originally Posted by Exchequer
Last week you were BANNED for posting photos of GIRLS under the age of 18..

This week it is BOY SCOUT CHRONICLES for the NEEDY...🙃

Ever thought of becoming a Priest?

I get it though...

Some people just VIBE with a MUCH YOUNGER crowd...

PS..

I'll stick with my dinosaur friend... I like a HO that keeps it real...😘
Who said it was about anyone here, diplodocus? You are letting your mind wander. If it involved someone here it would have been posted in coed.

Chill out and listen to some relaxing music!

https://youtu.be/A1EhBdsTkl8 Originally Posted by Exchequer
Ginger is just keeping it real...

Obviously, you started this thread to announce your break from Lauren... Which is cool.. You do you... As soon as she broke away from the "I HATE GINGER MOB" you didn't have the courage to stand by her...

Courage and integrity isn't your thing...

Now, when Ginger told me that she and Lauren had made up she was worried that I would be mad... Lauren had thrown some shade at me... I'm a small girl with a big mouth so, I slung some back... But, at the end of the DAY.. If Ginger and Lauren are HAPPY then I'm GOOD... 😊

When you care about your friends then you are there for them... Through the good times and the bad and not just when you can use them to take photo of her young charges...

So, carry on Cowboy, and keep selling this song... But, this thread is about as honest as the one that Victoria Jolie started in coed a few days before she arrived... 😊

Just own your shit and don't try to sugar coat it for what it is not...

Have a lovely day...😊

Kobayashi Maru,

Originally Posted by Exchequer

I am completely lost about this whole situation but fun fact (well not to me). When I was younger I came up with the concept of a Star Trek world get away. I had it all worked out had the land, the city was excited about giving me concessions to develop it in their small town. I had the engineers on board, some of the staff and someone who had built a building with a similar design. I had individuals signing NDAs and everything. Hired a lawyer to negotiate a deal with Paramount and everything was good. Then Paramount went completely stupid on me and I walked away from the project. One of those I wish I had moments in life.
Blah blah blah

Estan no Bueno
Puenta Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Damn, I wish that was my hand and not the one showing the finger.