College football

I think its even more interesting than the pro's!?? Does anybody else watch college foot ball or go to the games?
I’m a UT alumnus(class of 2000) for the last few years I have attended 3-4 home games a year including the red river shootout against OU at the state fair. I’ve always preferred college football over the pros. The atmosphere is so different compared to the NFL. I’m in Austin now celebrating the Longhorns victory over TCU.
I have been to college games at Nebraska, Baylor, College Station and a Cowboys game at Jerry World. College is a way better experience, including JUCO. I have to admit I am dreaming of going to Lambeau field because from what I read it has more of a college like atmosphere.
I love college football.
  • Go4it
  • 09-23-2018, 02:15 AM
Boomer Sooner season ticket holder. You can have Pro Football (Although Baker may make it fun again --- he still gets excited when he scores)
I haven’t consistently watched any football for 35 years. And every time I watch part of a game, I realize I made a great decision when I quit watching. It’s incredibly slow and boring to me. Huge amounts of just standing around and wasting time. The announcers are generally innane and have little interesting to say. And it’s unpleasantly violent. I just don’t see the attraction.
I haven’t consistently watched any football for 35 years...……. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Same here, but for different reasons.…..I was a Runner/Cross country in high school, and the Football team always got the Revenue, big fancy buses, the girls, and all the accolades and worship during my high school years.

Us runners had to string by on a shoestring budget, get beaten up and ridiculed by the Football Players, in one case - I still remember one spitting on me. That was over 40 years ago, and the memory is distinct and clear to me.

For this reason, I always hated the sport, never watched, cared for it, or understood it. I realize this makes me a minority in this part of the country, but that's my story on football.

OTOH I know many football fans that swear College ball is a lot more fun in person and TV, for many reasons. Good for ya'all, but not for me.
Yes the atmosphere is very different.. And college football is exciting as far going to the games, thats awesome.. I would love to catch a game with you lol
I’m a UT alumnus(class of 2000) for the last few years I have attended 3-4 home games a year including the red river shootout against OU at the state fair. I’ve always preferred college football over the pros. The atmosphere is so different compared to the NFL. I’m in Austin now celebrating the Longhorns victory over TCU. Originally Posted by DathBane1986

I attended that game last weekend and it was great. The fans...the students....everyone had a blast ('specially in the second half). Attended the USC game the week before, too....had a great time at that one, as well. Nice to win a few games, isn't it? Anyways, plan to be at Texas-OU in another week or so, God willing.

Hook 'em!