What is your favorite pizza?

Picked this idea up from another thread, but didn't want to hijack Lauren's list of (fairly) high class places.

UNOS best deep dish pizza ever! Originally Posted by lilsmurf
Ed Debevic's is another Chicago staple Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Toppings? Brand? Crust? Eat in? Delivery? Take out?

I can't stand deep dish or thick crust pizza. It has always been thin crust for me.

My favorite: Domino's delivery, sausage and mushrooms (sometimes with anchovies).

[And BTW, I love the new order online system.]
  • Mokoa
  • 08-22-2010, 02:01 PM
New York style cheese pizza!

I love pizza, I'm willing to try anything on a pizza but I've had some disappointments. I had this last week and it was okay Salsa Verde Spicy tomatillo sauce topped with roasted poblano peppers, pan-fried garlic and feta cheese...

Good Evening Mr. Tudor;

The Diavola here is fabulous, hand thrown & cooked in a wood fired oven.

The Diavola has tomato paste, mozzarella and topped with pieces of spicy sausage and pepperoni slices.

Good Evening
Cyclops
I've only been once, but I do like the Home Slice in Austin. A pizza slice I tried that I really liked:

Margherita (fresh mozzarella, tomato, garlic & basil)
I have ate at a few good pizza places but I think High Mountain Pies in Leadville, CO is my favorite. If you are in that area they are definitely worth checking out.
  • xtrem
  • 08-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I have ate at a few good pizza places but I think High Mountain Pies in Leadville, CO is my favorite. If you are in that area they are definitely worth checking out. Originally Posted by randomuser

I've actaully had pizza from this place. I've climbed Mt. Elbert several times, this is a nice treat when your done climbing..

Any pizzeria on Arthur Ave. in Bronx, NY is the best NY pizza.
  • Bliss
  • 08-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't like pizza. I'm told this makes me some sort of freak of nature.

I can't stand deep dish or thick crust pizza. It has always been thin crust for me.

My favorite: Domino's delivery, sausage and mushrooms (sometimes with anchovies).

[And BTW, I love the new order online system.] Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
BTW Ed Debevic's is not pizza just a place in Chicago (in)famous for its unique service

Domino's is horrible. All their "new" pizza did is grease up the crust like Pizza Hut's. Of the big chain delivery places, Papa John's is my favorite.

New York style cheese pizza!

Originally Posted by Mokoa
That's really the question to ask: Chicago style or NYC Style.

Personally I'm a vote for NYC
Give me Gino's in Chicago--deep dish. Don't much care for New York style. And the absolute worst is "St. Louis style"--Cheez Whiz on a cracker.
Donato's
Giordano's stuffed pizza in Chicago.

Haven't had it in ten years, hope it's still good.
  • AM
  • 08-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I rarely eat pizza, but wherever it comes from it better have mushrooms and olives.
Donato's Originally Posted by John Bull
I wish they'd expand down South. They started selling them in the refrigerated (not frozen) section at Kroger's. Kind of a heat and eat thing. Not as good but still had that unique Donato's flavor and much better than frozen.

Oh & I'd forgotten about St. Louis pizza. I agree. Horrible! & the sad thing is I know some folks up there that swear by it. One thing they did get right there though is fried ravioli
There is nothing like New York Pizza. Ray's .....Yum!!!!!!! I like thin crust the best and that picture had me drooling all over my computer. I'm starving now!