A Farewell from Natalie Reign

• Vyt
  • 06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I am going to abuse my moderator-status-granted pulpit and share an email I just received that may be of interest to a few.

When Natalie Reign, who some of you know and a few lucky ones know well, cancelled her account, I sent her an email that said, essentially, "WTF?". I suppose it's no secret that I carried a bit of a torch for her (a provider who had a subscription to the Economist? How could I *not*) so when she decided to retire without warning, I was of course a bit concerned. Here was her response.

--

Natalie Reign has officially retired and will not be returning to the hobby. For those of you who have inquired, she is not UTR or "laying low" because of some hypothetical drama or personal tragedy. She is simply focusing on other aspects of her life, and is no longer available for appointments of any kind. She has closed her phone and email accounts, and will no longer be available for references. Please respect her privacy, and refrain from speculating as to her current situation or showing up at her door unannounced "just to check on her." Natalie has fond memories of many members of this community, and wishes you all well in the future.

--

So, there you have it, from someone who, as she advertised, was indeed entirely fucking fabulous, and will be missed.
Thanks Vyt....

Natalie was a class act and someone I will never forget for my own reasons that are not hobby related.....

Sixx
Definitely a good friend as well as an excellent friend to a special friend of mine....

She is one of few that actually created a legitimate exit strategy and is following it.

I wish her the best and hope to hear from her again some day. Although we have had many an interesting conversation.... I was never a client of hers as some seemed to think..... Just one of those rare acquaintances that develop......
Natalie was a class act Originally Posted by sixxbach
That is an excellent description. Best of luck Natalie!
Farewell Natalie let her go in peace
Austin's sweetheart. Very priveledged to have known her.
I agree with everything that has been said, so I will not attempt to add to it. I am glad I had the opportunity to enjoy her company.
(a provider who had a subscription to the Economist? How could I *not*) Originally Posted by Vyt
How could you not, indeed. I regret I missed out on the chance to make her acquaintance.

'The Economist' To Halt Production For Month To Let Readers Catch Up
If it is any consolation, I have a subscription to The Economist as well. Know of any other provider who does so? I would love to friends with her.

Asian Ann
From Natalie I learned two things:

Digress: to stray off subject for a moment
Concur: agree or approve of

My vocabulary expanded because Natalie used collegiate words in her posts. What word(s) did anybody else pick up from Natalie?
Quote by Vyt:I am going to abuse my moderator-status-granted pulpit and share an email I just received that may be of interest to a few.

Abuse noted.....

Farewell Natalie let her go in peace Originally Posted by AustinsGurlz

In peace? It's not a fucking death.. It's a change of lifestyle...

My vocabulary expanded because Natalie used collegiate words in her posts. What word(s) did anybody else pick up from Natalie? Originally Posted by HunterGrace

Well now. Kind words. From Taylor. Who woulda thought... ? Did you ever find those shoes...?

All I have to say to "Natalie", is what I say to her each and every day. Which is

She is, indeed, Entirely Fucking Fabulous!

Best of luck to her in all future endeavors...

.... Goodbye miss Natalie...... .....I was glad to know you..... .... And let you go....

(FYI. She'll never see this thread....)

.... Goodbye miss Natalie...... .....I was glad to know you..... .... And let you go....

(FYI. She'll never see this thread....) Originally Posted by Damon Bradley
Excellent exit!

My vocabulary expanded because Natalie used collegiate words in her posts. What word(s) did anybody else pick up from Natalie? Originally Posted by HunterGrace
I never read any of Natalie's posts so I don't know if I am way off base. However,it seems like you are taking a pot shot at Natalie's writing style.

Perhaps, Natalie overused those words in attempt to sound smart or perhaps that is how she really talked. If it's the former then, I see how it would grate on some one.

I had a professor once in college who let us know that it would be better when writing a paper to keep it concise and to not put in fluff words to basically...try and sound smart. The purple prose annoyed the hell out of her and I agree that hurts more than helps.

Anyways, Natalie used to be ... on ASPD, perhaps some one can let us know if her writing style changed after she reinvented herself. Staff edit: details regarding former handle removed.
Perhaps, Natalie overused those words in attempt to sound smart or perhaps that is how she really talked. If it's the former then, I see how it would grate on some one. Originally Posted by Skip_8
Staff edit: quoted material regarding former handle of user removed.

You never saw any of Natalie's posts but you somehow know what her handle was on a board that hasn't worked in a couple of years? Sounds fishy. Not sure why you would call attention to someone's old handle even after her retirement. Or especially after her retirement. I can't see whatever it is your linking to, but it looks like your just trying to be a dick on an otherwise nice thread.
You never saw any of Natalie's posts but you somehow know what her handle was on a board that hasn't worked in a couple of years? Sounds fishy. Not sure why you would call attention to someone's old handle even after her retirement. Or especially after her retirement. I can't see whatever it is your linking to, but it looks like your just trying to be a dick on an otherwise nice thread. Originally Posted by johnnieknox
I say that her handle was on the previous board based on the link. If you were able to follow it you could see where my statement came from . Here is the relevant quote from the link:

Staff edit: Locker Room material removed, information regarding former handle of user removed.

The reason I call attention to the old handle is simple. In case some one feels inclined to comment on Natalie's previous incarnation's writing style, we can then see if it is the same as her current handle. This can allow us to determine whether ... reinvented herself to charge higher prices. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just curious.

And no, I'm not being a dick to her. HunterGrace's post could be taken as a sarcastic slap or honest admiration. Since I haven't read Natalie's posts, nor HunterGrace's, I don't have the history to make an educated guess with regards to HunterGrace's intention...hence my original post along with the "I may be way off base" caveat.

If I wanted to be a dick I would have said, " Just another uneducated hooker trying so sound smart so she can overcharge these old geezers."