Any suggestions on a trip to Colorado?

Haven't taken a vacation in forever!!!!

Was looking at taking a break and thought about going to Colorado to sample the fares there. I'm thinking a good 4-5 days. Will probably like to arrange for companionship while up there if I have to go alone.

Looking for good food, good company and a good view. Which would be the best city / area to be in?

Any and all comments welcomed.
LoDo (Denver) is a great place to start. I'd include Boulder on the Pearl Street Mall, as well.

But Moutain Time is the Best Time! Vail Valley, Aspen, Breckenridge, and Steamboat -- can't go wrong in any of these places and skiing/boarding isn't required!

Have fun . . .
I think in Denver they have a Mexican rest. people came from Texas. I do not remember name. Also texas Bar b cue in Denver
Sample the local agriculture for a true Rocky Mountain High.
Sample the local agriculture for a true Rocky Mountain High. Originally Posted by Prolongus
You know you are there when you see a green cross on the front of the store.

By the way, skiing was EPIC when I was at Breckenridge a couple of weeks ago and they are expecting 20" in the next few days. Vail is nice but too many snobs and foreigners.

I don't know anything about the hobby life up there, though. I couldnt find any action except for the maid at the hotel (caliente, too!) for $100
Born and raised in Denver, 20+years. Pm me if you have any specific questions. Recommending random things to do would take forever.
You know you are there when you see a green cross on the front of the store.

By the way, skiing was EPIC when I was at Breckenridge a couple of weeks ago and they are expecting 20" in the next few days. Vail is nice but too many snobs and foreigners.

I don't know anything about the hobby life up there, though. I couldnt find any action except for the maid at the hotel (caliente, too!) for $100 Originally Posted by CellarDweller
I love a good hotel maid when she is caliente!!
PS take only a credit and guard it with your life, buy winter gear there not here, hire security if you go out to clubs, it's lala land outa control. Not safe for a Texan unless you are 6'6 wearing 2 45 colts and can shoot. Not the wild west- the west that killed Kyle, in the back.
Ask Kobe
PS take only a credit and guard it with your life, buy winter gear there not here, hire security if you go out to clubs, it's lala land outa control. Not safe for a Texan unless you are 6'6 wearing 2 45 colts and can shoot. Not the wild west- the west that killed Kyle, in the back. Originally Posted by doug_dfw
Kyle? Chris Kyle who was killed right here in Texas?

I really doubt the crime rates are significant higher in CO than TX, especially considering how much tourism they have.

What the hell are you talking about?
Maybe he thinks Colorado is in western Russia.
or that weed is legal there and that people will kill others for their money to get weed. talk paranoia. friend of mine she lives there and says its awesome. she wats me to go up there and experiance some good weed.
On any given good snow day in Colorado, the "Texan" ratio is extremely high. It's a bit true that there some irritation at Texans in Colorado but it's typically well deserved.

The local joke is "How can you tell the difference between a Texan yelling Yahoooo on every good turn and a New Yorking yelling Fuck every time he falls on his ass? . . . "You can't . . ."

Doug's comments are totally off base . . .
There's an email circulating titled, "you know you're from Colorado when..."

I think #24 is: "Knowing that Texas and California are downstream gives you a sense of satisfaction when you flush".

Denver used to be a locals town. There's still a little animosity from the natives every so often. Lol
It depends what u want to do while there.. Snow bunny time, I recommend Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountains...
Denver is fun there is definately playtime available there
Tulluride is beautiful I love the scenery its like a place preserved in time..